PDA

View Full Version : In-Line TDS Meters for sale

Discusgeo
11-03-2003, 07:27 PM
I have an oppurtunity to buy this type of inline TDS meter from the manufacture. I am wondering if there is any interest in from the folks who use this forum that might be interested in buying them. I figure I could break just above even if I sell them for $32.00 each, this if I order less than 50 units. The price goes down about $2.00 when you order 50. I did some looking around the net and saw most place sell them between $45.00 - $65.00ea. If you know where I can get them cheaper let us know. Thanks
Here is some info on the units.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/7658/dual_tds_meter.jpg
FEATURES
Displays TDS levels of the Feed Water and Product Water with in & out electrode probes.

Auto-Off function conserves battery power. The unit shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use.

Comes equipped with John Guest Quick-Connect T-fittings as shown.

Installs quickly and easily.
Measure the tap water coming in vs. the purified water going out of your system at any time.

Use the meter to determine when the filters need to be changed.

Range: 0 ~ 9990ppm
Accuracy: ±2% f.s.
Power source: 2 x 1.5V batteries (button cell)
Size: 7.6 x 2 x 4.7 cm (3 x .8 x 1.9 in.)
Weight: 100 g (3.5 oz.)

RandalB
11-04-2003, 12:07 AM
George,
Who's the manufacturer on those? I think I can get them cheaper for you. My wholesaler sells all kinds of that stuff but their catalog is 1500 pages so I'd need more info to look it up for you...

I know the similar aquatec product is cheaper at wholesale.

RandalB

brewmaster15
11-04-2003, 01:58 AM
George,
I might be interested in something like this.. Usually I forget to routinely check my water..it might be nice to have something inline so I have one thing less to forget to check :)

-al

Discusgeo
11-04-2003, 07:46 AM
Brew the manufacture is in Seoul, Korea and my wife sent me the information while she is there visiting her brother who also has Discus. The info is in Korean and I didnt understand it all but the price she quoted me is great. My wife is sending me 10 of them to try out but will she be able to hand carry a few more, I am not sure she wants to. She said they have a Los Angeles office but I didn't get that info this morning on the phone. I am figuring once I get the L.A connection I would know more but until now this is all I have to go on.

Here are a couple of links that I found them at thru a cichlid forum.
http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com/Instruments/TDS.html
http://www.btinternet.com/~aquariumcity/filters/Inline-TDS-Monitors.htm

ronrca
11-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Id be interested! ;) I always like the automeasure with a digi displace for easy measuring and reading! ;D

Discusgeo
11-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Of the 10 on the way I put 1 on EBay and 1 on Aquabid but at a lot higher price. That leaves me with 8 left which I will sell to the members here for $37.00 which includes the cost for shipping in the U.S, any Canadian's who want them can have them for $38.00 which includes the shipping. I should have them by the weekend and if they go I will get me wife/brother in law to send me more. Please email me at discusgeo2@hushmail.com. For payment thru paypal please use discusgeo2@netscape.net I am moving away from my Netscape mail because it belongs to AOL and all my mail has not been getting where it was suppose to go.
Thanks
George

Discusgeo
11-05-2003, 07:13 PM
;D up