PDA

View Full Version : a disease transmisible to man by the aquarium īs water .

emmi
11-05-2003, 07:47 PM
At the news there was a report on a disease transmisible to man by the aquarium īs water .

It appears that there is about fifty cases in some country per annum.
You can get it by deeping your bare hand in the tank so for those which cleans rearange aquariums merrily every days ...be aware thereīs a potential of being contaminated.

But we should not compare the ecology of an aquarium with a huge cloac. Remember for ex: tanks of 1000l, enormous , but remain a tank of bacteria...
It is not because you donīt see life in water that there is Nothing in it ...
The same in some river
I remember when i was a kid i went swiming in a river and few days later i got a piteriasis versicolor ,it took me 12 years to get read off it, my neighbor got the polio 30 years ago when he was a soldier, I knew a tropical fish stockbreeder which is now paralyse...
Water is a formidable vector for diseases. it should not be forgotten that we are not fish: Thus we do not have the same immune system, we are weak in water.

finally i will definitely use latex gloves (disposable)
I will use them from time to time because I often have wounds on my hands and i know sometime it tickle when I clean the filters a golden rule: never start a pump with the mouth
[/color]

brewmaster15
11-05-2003, 07:55 PM
hi emmi,
Heres a post that may interest you...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=5046;sta rt=0

-al

emmi
11-05-2003, 08:01 PM
thanks for those link

i think today my attitude toward fishkeeping took a sharp turn...

i am definitely be more carefull... ;)

yippy
11-06-2003, 09:34 AM
What gives you that idea?????

Kerry ???

(Sorry Brew - had to post another bite)

jules
11-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Is that your hand Yippy? This happened working in your tank? :noway:

emmi
11-06-2003, 06:53 PM
how did it happen.....? :o