PDA

View Full Version : guess where i got a job guys!!

ReeferKimberly
11-06-2003, 02:21 AM
Aqualife aquarium!!!

I'm so excited, now i get to do what i already go every day and make money for it! i have sold pretty much all of my discus but a select few. I started up a new tank, a fat cichlid tank ( a 150 gallon). i got:

3 salvinis (1 male, 2 females)
8 electric blue mangano
3 pseudotropheus "deep"
4 auratus
3 firemouths (1 male, 2 females)
3 green terrors (1 male, 2 females)
4 yellow labs
2 red devils (male and female)
2 flowerhorn (male and female)
and a few more that i forgot the names of.....i know i know...some of these are very aggressive, but you know what , i take risks so what the he**

any fellow african and south american cichlid freaks here??
kimberly

p.s. these fish are a welcome trade for a few discus, i will stick around discus, but i reaaalllly needed a break

RandalB
11-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Kim,
Sounds like you're gonna have WWIII in that tank in a few months... 150 or not...

www.simplycichlids.com is a good place to look for the non-flatfish fans..

RandalB

ReeferKimberly
11-06-2003, 04:08 AM
ohh yeah i totally forgot bout that place, i'm goin now.....

11-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Congratulations, Ham Helper!! You're keeping up a real good waterboxing match there with all those ferocious but beautiful aqua habitats. Best wishes and loads of luck to ya...

:) **Angie**

BLUEKNIGHT
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
I agree. You are really looking for a war there.

ReeferKimberly
11-08-2003, 06:03 AM
hey guys, sooooo, since i get such an awesome discount (10% over cost) i was thinking of getting another tank. I am looking at a 92 gallon corner bow tank. it's gorgeous and i can get a great deal on it. I was gonna leave the south americans in the 150 and separate the africans into the 92 for now. so the 150 would house:
3 salvinis
3 firemouths
3 green terrors
2 red devils
2 flowerhorns

does this dound any better guys? i like the idea of having an only african tank and an only new world tank a lot better and it would give the bigguns a lot more free space to grow up.
kimberly

ReeferKimberly
11-08-2003, 06:05 AM
btw, i neglected to mention all the south americans, are 5 inches or less at the moment.

beta
11-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I think u shouldnt mix SA's and CA's
This would be the aggressiveness in descending order

red devils>flowerhorns>salvinis>green terrors>firemouths

Very difficult to keep 2 red devils in that size tank JMO

N prepare for WWIII

ReeferKimberly
11-11-2003, 03:53 PM
goes to show you my ignorance, i wasn't aware that some of those were CAS. well b/4 you even said that lol i had already taken out the devils and gave them back to the store where i got them. were those the centrals?

one question, of the salvinis, two are totally bland and brown looking while one is very very bright yellow with a lot of red, is that one the male? he keeps to himself in a rock cave, but will he eventually let one of the females join him?thanks :)
kimberly :-*

BLUEKNIGHT
11-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Kim

I would also take either the green terrors or the flower horns out as they will really raise hell in there.And yes you can keep those africans in the 92 gallon just make sure to put a lot of rock in there as many of them will need a place to hide from the dominant fish.