PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to trade some equipment for other equipment

FischAutoTechGarten
11-09-2003, 03:52 AM
Folks,
I've readjusted my plans for my hobby hatchery. Going with 4 to 5 29 gallon tanks instead of the 2 to 4 75 gallon tanks (have grown tired of waiting on the 75 gallon tanks). That means my heaters and filters are oversized. I'd like to trade down. Seriously.

Here's what I have:

I'd like to get rid of 4 of my 250 watt Ebos for 4 100 watt Ebos. Rationale is simple, 250 watt heaters can bake fish in a 29 if they stick, 100 watt is just enough. My tanks will be insulated on front, sides & bottom. Furthermore, all of the tanks are wedged between my hot water heater and furnace. I've pulled all of the remaining asbestos insulation of the pipes around the boiler, so that area will get a little residual heat as well and won't be as cool as the rest of the basement.

I'd like to trade some of my large hangon box filters for sponges. I have 5 identical smaller hangon box filters to augment the sponges, so I won't be needing the large ones. The large ones are Second Nature Whispers. I've never used them, they were thrown in with a batch of used tanks I bought a few months back. Two of them have double cartridges. One of them has a very large single cartridge. I'd also throw in a 15 yearold hang on I've had as well. For these three Filters, I'd like 6 new or 8 very slighly used HydroSponge V sponges.

I also have 3 hood/light combos for 29 gallon aquariums. I'd trade these for two 3' fluorescent lamps and a few of those plastic hinges that are used for making your own glass lids. Wouldn't mind scoring a cheap little glass cutter so I can cut corner notches out for heater cords and airline tubing.

So any takers? I'm offering to give more than I'm taking. I'll post pictures for serious inquiries.

FischAutoTechGarten
11-11-2003, 12:04 PM
I'll take the deafening silence to mean no once is interested in trades. OK, I'll list the stuff in my local want ads.