PDA

View Full Version : Wild Discus.com

wildthing
11-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi all.
Finally I have 'escaped from New York' & moved upstate into the hills of the upper Delaware river, a gobsmackingly pretty region
I have a new phone number.

845 858 1128

This is in Glen Spey , New York, near Port Jervis, a pretty 2 hour drive from Manhattan.

I have just about finished moving into the new residence.....130+ adult Discus altums & stingrays were packed in record time with only one discus loss ( & that one was old & on the way out anyway)
75 or so tanks are lined up outdoors enjoying freeze sterilization for a few weeks, not one was broken by the movers!!! . All my fish are in 800 gallon 8' pools ( & lovin' it) until the new tank racks are constructed, just one of my winter projects. There is well water @ 120 uS, chipmunks, racoons, badgers, turkeys, deer & bears in the woods all around my house & my 8 year old dog is acting like a puppy. Of course my grin is ear to ear, that's almost as much wildlife as in downtown Manhattan outside my old apartment

The Amazon fishing season is in full swing & new wilds that I think you're gonna want will be arriving soon......many sizes & color variants.......I'll post info when they arrive.

my e-mail remains the same...even out here I got cable internet...I ( evidently ) am experiencing mild euphoria from all the clean air!
:lol
visitors are welcome, especially if you're handy with power tools .

8) ;D ;D

David Webber

gary1218
11-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a road trip to me :D Ron and I are going to have to come and check out the new set up ;D

By the way Dave, what ever happened to the strain you were working on last time Ron & I were out? The one that Ron and I were DROOLING over. We still talk about them and still want some.

Let us know if you need a hand getting things set up. Maybe we could work out a trade ;D

GARY

keith_cny
11-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Hi David,

Been meaning to drop you a note to see how the move was going. Sounds like you are very pleased with everything so far. I'll have to stop over and see the works (especially the discus and the badgers).

Congratulations on the move. Now get ready for some snow. LOL

Keith

korbi_doc
11-09-2003, 12:17 PM
:drummer: :drummer: Congratulations David. Sounds like you have this tremendous change under control. Happy for you & look forward to visiting you (just not when the snow covers our heads) Must be nice to take a deep breath of that wonderful open air, enjoy!!

Glad all your fish did well,('cept the old one). Now the real work starts setting up all those tanks, good luck, Dottie ;D

Dave C
11-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Way to go David. Good to hear that that's all done with, couldn't have been easy, or easy on the nerves.

Dave

brewmaster15
11-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Awesome News David! Congrats on the new home... Count on me for a road trip soon.. :) Also ... i'll give you a ring a little latter.

-al

April
11-09-2003, 12:32 PM
congrats David. sounds like you are in heaven. im sure you will enjoy your new place to the fullest. id love to see pics of the area and some of your wildlife if you get a chance!!!
of course pics of your setup when its done will be great also...but its kinda like we get to travel when we see countryside of other places.

Pat_in_NC
11-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Hi David,

We moved to Chapel Hill, NC from Manhattan a little over two years ago. Its great to have space (especially for tanks!) but I still miss the hustle and bustle of the city. Sounds like your still pretty close though when you want to go back. Good luck with the new setup! Don't worry you'll get used to all the fresh air and quiet evenings.....maybe.

Pat

O
11-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Congratulations David! I know it was a long and drawn out process for you. Glad to hear things are going well. Let me know when you are ready to recieve visitors....

Best,
Oleg

henryD
11-10-2003, 11:32 AM
David,

Let me know if you need help! It could be a nice roadtrip. I could pick up hitchhikers along the way to help put up all those racks. Or we could just come up, kick back and throw a couple down as we enjoy the scenery.

Henry

wildthing
11-10-2003, 12:03 PM
;)

mostly the help I need is a good shrink!
Vices can also be indulged here!

;D

Visitors are already welcome....
call first to make sure I am gonna be here as I am still schlepping up & down to the city for things I forgot to bring from there.

I will post photos of new fish & the new place as soon as i get my frikkin camera back from Canon ( I dropped it! the shutter jammed :'( )

Thanks for the nice posts guys.

David ;)

lkleung007
11-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Congratulations on the move Dave!!

I lived in upstate NY during my high school days (Westchester County) and it is beautiful country up there...hope you enjoy the cold and snow. ;)

Regards, Lester

Discus_Hans
11-10-2003, 03:52 PM
OKay David, congrats.

Great to hear it worked out finaly, Hans.

vinson
11-11-2003, 12:16 AM
congrats on the move. dav

that's what we missed here in tropical heats - those snowy moment!

have fun with the new place!

Miles
11-11-2003, 03:11 AM
Dave,
Congratulations !!!
Enjoy the country life!!

8)
Miles

chuck
11-11-2003, 09:27 AM
All The Best To Ya Dave!!!
chuck