PDA

View Full Version : There's something about Mary...

Anna Piranha
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know Mary Sube (a.k.a fshngal)? Well let me tell you...she is an Angel of Mercy and so is her husband and her beautiful daughter. They came to my house on Saturday and relieved me of my "too many fish, too little time" burden. Mary took in my runty little fine line snakeskin and promised not to ice him! She also adopted 3 other Discus and a variety of others, including a Ghost Knife. Mary and her family broke down my 65 gallon tank and packaged up their new charges in the most professional manner. I am so appreciative of their efforts. I am so happy that I didn't have to take my guys to the fish store where they would have met with certain death!
Mary and her family are so nice, I was about to ask them to bag me up and take me home too ;D

Here's to Mary and her family - thank you a thousand times :heart1:

p.s. Soon after you left, Mary, I did a HUGE water change on my other tank. It feels so good to only have 1 to take care of...thanks again!

chinoz
11-10-2003, 06:19 PM
I agree with you on that, I met Mary before and she is a great person to talk to. I bought two goldens from her, not only she gives me a good discount on the fish, but she also gives me a free leopx ss for free !.

Im looking forward to visit her hatchery one day ;D

fshngal
11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi Anna,

Thank you for the beautiful discus and tank. We appreciate you kind words. The fish are doing beautifully and the SS really likes to eat Bloodworms.

Maybe I like to overfeed, but he/she really likes to eat. The SS is doing well and is always at the front of the tank. We have moved the Knife out of this tank to a community cichlid tank.

Will post a pic this evening.

Your other discus are gorgeous.

Thanks again,
Mary

fshngal
11-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Pic of tank, discus doing great.

thanks,
mary ;)

brewmaster15
11-12-2003, 01:57 AM
Way to go Mary!!! :)

Hi Anna , How have you been? Any good photography lately?

-al

Anna Piranha
11-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Hi Al,
I've been great and based on Mary's picture of the fish she adopted from me, they are also doing great. She lives about an hour away from me and even though I have down-sized my fish population, I still want to go and visit her hatchery. She is one hard worker and apparently has some amazing fish to show for it. Can't wait to visit her!

About the photography - I've been studying how to shoot water in all of its many manifestations. I took a trip out to Rickett's Glen State Park recently, where they have a hiking trail that takes you past 26 waterfalls. Here's one of my favorites from that trip. On a side note - my mother who is 72, did that vigorous 9-mile hike with me. She kicks like a 40-year old!

brewmaster15
11-14-2003, 05:28 PM
I love that water effect Anna!!!!Nice job! ;) :)

-al