PDA

View Full Version : Size of peirs?

amirnezhad
11-13-2003, 03:28 PM
in what size discus start to choose his (or her) pair for breeading?

chinoz
11-13-2003, 04:14 PM
probably 5-6"

amirnezhad
11-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Thanks TnT :o,

and also what is the basic behaviors in this time?

EIHAB83
11-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Hello Ali, how are you mate ....... I have pairs formed in 4" ... I think any thing over 4" can start pairing
EIHAB

amirnezhad
11-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Hello Ali, how are you mate ....... I have pairs formed in 4" ... I think any thing over 4" can start pairing
EIHAB

Thanks,
But as I said I want to know what is the basic behaviors on this time (when they start to be pair for breeding)?
Whould you please tell me about this?

EIHAB83
11-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi Ali ........ firstly you will have two fish swiming together all the time .... after a while they will pick a spot in the tank and spend most time there ....... they will chase every other fish away of that spot ..... before they lay the eggs you will see them cleaning that spot,before laying eggs in some time (varies) breeding tube comes out of them ......... I hope this was helpful .... I am very sleepy :sleeping: :sleeping: I wish what I said is clear, look well after your fish (WCs, good food) you will have a pair
good luck
EIHAB

Alan
11-14-2003, 11:30 PM
It's not more of the size but the age of the discus. I have 2 discus that paired up that are 3.5" to 3.75" (excluding tail). They are both female though :P ;D

As for the behavior, I believe EIHAB covered it. That's what they did to the other fish in my 180-gallon tank. They laid eggs, sometimes the other one eats it up. One time, when both of them did lay eggs, the eggs just got the fungus. :-\

You may ask why I don't separate them in another tank. The answer is I don't have a mature male discus, yet ::)

amirnezhad
11-16-2003, 06:06 PM
You may ask why I don't separate them in another tank. The answer is I don't have a mature male discus, yet ::)

Thanks for your help and I hope you have one male discus as soon as possible :)