PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia (Canada)

Murphy
11-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone, well today I went out to get some ammonia to start off cycling my tank. I tried Walmart, Zellers, Shoppers Drug Mart, Canadian Tire, and Home Hardware all with no success. Can any of the Canadians on the forum suggest where I can get some?. I really need your help or I'm going to have to pee in the tank myself ha! ha! :o

11-17-2003, 05:06 PM
maybe try some of the larger grocery chains, or try home depot/rona...
go through the phonebook and phone first so you don't have to do a bunch of running around...
david

gump
11-17-2003, 05:52 PM
I got mine at Walmart here in Halifax.
Pierre

April
11-17-2003, 09:51 PM
the grocery store will do. safeway or any of them . in the cleaning section. just make sure pure ammonia. no additives.

Tristanyyz
11-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Murphy...I had the same thing happen...same problem here in TORONTO!!!

It is impossible to get ammonia in toronto. I looked everywhere. Canadian Tire pulled it from their shelves years ago. Home Depot does not have it, walmart the same, Loblaws has ammonia with added Lemon smell, so you can tell when you are about to pass out...smells like lemons...then "thud"...

Your only hope is an independent hardware store...like in old little italy, or the annex...If you are in toronto...and I am guessing you are...ammonia is hard to come by here.
Michael

April
11-18-2003, 12:54 AM
strange.......well who on earth uses ammonia for cleaning these days anyhow!!!

darcy
11-18-2003, 09:36 AM
yea same here I get mine either at superstore or farm supply store's. Should be someplace you can find some. What about cleaning supply stores?

Darcy

ronrca
11-18-2003, 10:35 AM
I get my ammonia from Safeway! Its the no name brand or genertic brand, non scented! ;)

Haywire
11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Sigh,

check a small store out, preferable a greek store, they would have ammonia in powder form in small jars.

Tristanyyz
11-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Are we boring you Haywire? Why a Greek hardware store?

There is no safeways in toronto, does not exist...I was born in the west, and know about that store. The chain here is Loblaws.

Haywire is right, small privately operated independent retailers of hardware should have it.
Regards,
Michael