PDA

View Full Version : Are they pairing off???

trace-russ
11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Hi guys,

I have a cobolt blue and a pidgeon blood that for the last 4 weeks in which the PB has been flogging the CB. Last night I noticed the "shake and wiggle" starting to happen with the CB to the PB.

Is this the sign of them starting to pair off or is the CB just saying enough You are the dominent fish ??? I give in..

I dont know what sex they are so I can't help there. Their fins are different the CB is more rounded than the PB it is slightly pointed and is the largest fish in the tank.

What do you guys think ???

Trace. :bounce:

Sorry dont have pics but will try to get some of the fish for you guys to help me sex them.

RyanH
11-17-2003, 06:33 PM
They could easily be pairing off. The sex of your fish can't really be determined until they actually spawn and you see one lay eggs and the other fertilize. The shaking is usually a flirting behavior. Keep an eye on them and let us know how it goes. :)

Mykiss
11-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi Trace-Russ, it may be that the fish are getting ready to sparn. Well, at least the CB is (or whoever is doing the shaking). However the other may not be ready if it doesn't do anything about it. If they are ready to spawn, you will notice a few things, such as extented anal vents (pointy for male and rounded for female), the bowing of male and female, cleaning of spawning sight and more quivering. THese are the things that I have noticed for my breeding fish.
Well, it seems that you have a male and female if you described the long fins of the male and the rounded fins for the female. However, Ryan is right that you never really know till they spwn. good luck!
pt