PDA

View Full Version : Discus Shop in Calgary

mysiar
11-18-2003, 07:22 AM
hi there
I will be going to Calgary for a week and wonder if anybody can recomend me a good shops with Discus fish?
Web addresses are more than welcome

darcy
11-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Well there are a couple of shops you can visit. There Riverfront Aquariums, Pisces, Gold's Aquarium. I'm sure there are a couple more also.

Darcy

Jason
11-18-2003, 04:49 PM
riverfront used to have nice stuff 5-8 years ago, I hear diferent now.

shipping from me is an option if you have somewhere to tank the fish while your here.

darcy
11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Jason yeah you are right!! They had real problems a year or a year and a half ago. Last time I was there they had some nice discus but very pricey!! But who knows what they would look like when you got them home. I would say go for Jason's fish if you can!!!

Darcy

11-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Riverfront...hmmm...great place. The owner is a super guy...but :-\ The discus suck!
He's usually got about 20-25 tanks full of discus, and on average...95% are B grade at best and overpriced. Some are culls plain and simple. The 5% that are borderline A grade....stop at the bank on the way there and take out a loan. I was there on the week end...2"-2 1/2" Snow White 180.00$$ :o 2 1/2"-3" Lep SS HOLD ON TO YOUR FREAKIN HAT!! 229.00$$http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/wonder.gif

Golds sometimes has some decent discus in. Pisces usually has crap for fish also...but the last time I was in(three weeks ago) they had some pretty nice ones...little on the spensive side though. Ocean doesnt carry them anymore...he killed most of what he brought in and gave up on them. The rest of the lfs's in Calgary are hit and miss at best...IF they even have any discus.

Tony

April
11-18-2003, 11:32 PM
i got the grand tour with tony when i went to calgary. riverside is cool for fish....but listen to uncle tony!!!!
talk to jason!!!!

darcy
11-18-2003, 11:40 PM
LOL "Uncle Tony" they still have those whites??? I wonder if they are the same ones I seen a couple of months back? :o
Yep make sure you have a thick wallet if you wanna buy some discus in there alright.

Darcy

PS good one Pril Uncle Tony could stick!!LMAO

Jason
11-19-2003, 05:45 AM
at one time they were the best place in Canada for wilds, 180-229 for B grade :P