PDA

View Full Version : red crystal, moonlight, pearl white

Dang_long
11-22-2003, 08:59 AM
hi all,

im just wondering if u guy keep this kind of discus n have any pic's of them that i can have a look tu see what they would look like compare to mine.....my red crystal is about 4 inches, moonlight 2 inches , white peral 2 inches...i keep them with 2 BD, 2 MR, BT, 2 red solid in a 55 gallon tank, is this to many?????????

Carol_Roberts
11-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Sorry, I don't have any pictures for you. IF most of your 10 discus are 2 to 3 inches they are fine in the 55 gallon. Bare bottom and daily water changes produce the best growth in juveniles.

Dang_long
11-22-2003, 08:52 PM
thanks for the advice Carol_Roberts

i'm new tu this hobby....have been keeping them for about 2 month now n they're doing fine n it's time for me tu upgrade my tank.....so what ya guy think i should get.....4x2x2.....5x2x2 or 6x2x2 cos im planing tu get in a few week......also would say to talk add in with the water change thingy......most of you guy do heaps of water change.....Y?? i change my water once a week...is this okay.....i feed my dicus 3 times a day with BH, BW.
by the way i live in australia,melbourne and we have a water restriction now since there having been much rain.....
our water are below 50% blah blah blah

April
11-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Hi Dang Lang. welcome . i would go with the biggest tank you can afford. and if your getting in new fish they should be quarantined in a separate tank with separate hoses and washing your hands etc in between.
also the more water you change the better growth you will get. with once weekly wc's you may end up with a bit stunted fish. once their adults you could cut back your wc's to about twice a week.
Also.....theres a section in the discus locator section called aussie aussie aussie 2. theres over a 100 pages of aussies who post on it. theres one guy on there named Rod Coleman who lives in Melbourne area. he has great fish and great advice. id find him and send him a private message. he may be able to give you great advice or ideas also . but all the aussies are there.
well hope you enjoy simplydiscus . :wave:

Dang_long
11-23-2003, 07:43 AM
oppsy.......
lol......."new fish they should be quarantined in a separate tank with separate hoses and washing your hands etc"

to tell ya the truth, i nevr quarantined any of my discus or any of the fish that i purchased from lfs.....but now i tink i should start doing it since it's abit risky for my discus..eheheehehehehe

so any one have pix of adult white pearl, moonlight , red crystal and solid red

April
11-23-2003, 02:06 PM
I think they sound more like names that the breeder or supplier gave them. do you have a camera?? the pearl white obviously will be white.,i imagine the red crystal will be reddish and no idea on the moonlight one.
perhaps you can describe to us what they look like now or take a pic for us?? then we'd have a better idea of what they will look like when their older.
well you were lucky at adding from the lfs. but its like russian roulette., next time or one time you will add one and bang. all sick . so either stick with the ones you have or....start a new tank for the new fish . its very upsetting and discouraging to see them all black and sick. and meds get costly. and also their hard to come by in Australia.