PDA

View Full Version : somethign very strange...

Mattzilla
11-25-2003, 05:04 AM
i was just taking a few pictures or my fish and just generally watching them......and something veeeeery strange happened.

one of my b/d's had something very long and thin coming in and out of it's mouth. it was like it was trying to spit it out but one end was attached to inside it's mouth. at first i thought it must have been some type of worm...but when it spat it out it just looked like a big poo! i am 100% positive that it didn't just pick it up somewhere in the tank....this poo came from it's mouth i swear to god!

i have attached a pic of the "poo"...i emmediately removed it from the tank incase it was some type of worm but from the pic it definately looks like poo.

has anyone every experienced something like this before?? is this even possible? myfish including the bd are all very healthy and eat like pigs

any comments would be greatle appreciated

thanks
matt

Discusgeo
11-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Well it does look like a good size worm. Let's hope that your Discus is not so full infested with them that they would start up throw them up. I am not sure that is even possible. Have you ever dewormed them?

Carol_Roberts
11-25-2003, 11:43 AM
Also could be from overeating or intestinal blockage. I've seen them throw up. Usually it disolves quickly. What are you feeding and is ithe fish's stomach distended?

Mattzilla
11-25-2003, 06:30 PM
i'll try to get a pic of the fish in question today....

i feed them my b/h mix and frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp....they eat mostly my b/h mix.

maybe i have been feeding them too much??

othwise the fish still looks very healthy...

it's stomach is not bloated or anything so i'm not really sure if anything is wrong with it or not

ta
matt

yippy
11-26-2003, 01:28 AM
Hi Matt, my BD is a guts - ive seen her throw up once - but it wasnt like that - just food particles like carol described.

Shes always the first one out for food, she has eggs laid on an ornament at the moment and she even dumps them and charges out before the others for food.

Kerry :)