PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Glow Bulbs

iceskater
12-02-2003, 12:29 AM
One of my light bulbs went out so I went to get some replacements. All the store had was the colored ones, and these aqua glow bulbs. SO I picked them up. I notice they are throwing off a purple like light. These tanks are already in a dark room. And these lights are on the dark side. My question is, has any one used these bulbs?

Special note, I am leaving for vacation next week, and do plan on leaving the lights on a timer for about 12 hours each day, should I stay with these dimmer lights, or get some clear ones???

Just looking for some input.

Karen

korbi_doc
12-02-2003, 10:01 AM
:bounce2: Hi Karen, I would guess that what counts is how your fish look to you with this dim light. My bulbs are clear white & I like to see'm. Don't think the fish need any light for themselves, it's strictly for our benefit. (that is if you don't have plants) I would probably change the lights. If you like the color, maybe adding the clear bulb to brighten it up will give you adequate light. I also have mine on timers & I do have a few amazon swords in some tanks. JMO, Dottie ;D