PDA

View Full Version : My friend in trouble ...

stranger_in_rain
12-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Hi
My Friend is in trouble ... like 3 weeks ago my friend bought a discus about 3 inchs ( or alil smaller ) ... he added the fish to his tank that contain some other fish ( Discus ) ... Then his color got darker and darker and now it is hiding at a corner by the filter ... He doesnt eat too ... Well I dunno what to do with it ... While others are all healthy ...
can you guys help me ?
With alot of thanks.
Shahab.

brewmaster15
12-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Hi,
Can your friend put that discus in its own tank.. a hospitol tank ? If so that may help.. It may be stressed out. If its sick it will also be easier to treat.
If they can't give it its own tank, can they put a divider up in the tank that the fish is in? Its possible that this fish needs a little space and time to get adjusted. A divider will also keep the others from bullying him.
I use vinyl coated wire mesh...but dividers can be bought for tanks as well.
hth,
-al

AQUA360
12-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I had a problem that sounds simler not long back with a new discus of about 2 inch. It went off its food that started losing colour and hiding I was feeding it frozen bloodworm and sinking pellets but turns out it had become constipated. This can be fixed by adding a tablespoon of epson salts per ten gallon of water. In any case even if your fish is not constipated this will not harm them. If you have seen signs of bullying it may pay to do this in a hospital tank or with a divider is the tank to keep the others away mine made a happy recovery and is now fine results of sucessful treatment were seen in a day or too hope this helps good luck

AQUA360
12-06-2003, 09:00 PM
oh yes this might be obvious but before you put the epson salts in the water desolve it is some water before adding :)