PDA

View Full Version : Can I use liver instead of beefheart???

ladyram
12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Ok, I give up, I went everywhere in San Diego to get beefheart without luck, I wonder if beef liver works.

Another question is if I can put salmon on the recipe

¿¿what do you think??

Carol_Roberts
12-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Liver disintergrates or liquifies too easily. Salmon is very fatty. some feed fresh tuna.

fishfarm
12-11-2003, 09:59 AM
I would not use liver as it just turns to liquid, Almost any firm meat fish will do. I've used pollack, catfish and whiteing filets in my mix. Ken

12-11-2003, 11:25 AM
How about cooked liver?
Jimmy.

M0oN
12-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Cooking meat eliminates just about every nutritious value it once had...I'd imagine even more so for fish then humans...

blaze
01-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I used beef liver for a few months ,but not as a mix, just the straight raw liver cut into really fine cubes. They loved it , the best thing about it is that unlike beef-heart, the liver will stick to your fingers in the water; if your are interested in them(discus/angels) eating out of the palm of your hands.

Warning it does foul up the water, somewhat more than Beef-Heart. So use it shortly before water changes ;D

ladyram
01-03-2004, 06:17 PM
You are absolutely right!!! I used liver instead of beefheart in my mix and added krill to make it more solid and the ones who eat this are growing like mad. they are like piranhas and eat from my hand.

I don't care very much if it fouls the water since I prefer to have healty big discus and besides I make WC everyday so it nevers clouds the water tooooooo much.