PDA

View Full Version : Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

mattrox
03-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Barramundi are top tucker! I hear dog isn't bad either. I don't know if I'd eat dog unless I was starving but I not one to knock other people's tastes!

yippy
03-02-2004, 04:43 AM
Darn cannibals ;D

Rod, go get that monster male cobalt out, Ill be up Friday week to pick sarah up and we'll barbie him - or maybe Jezebels sister - lol :o

Poor Pat the barra :'(

Actually, they make really good fish as pets - hes great :)

Kerry

ari_wh
03-02-2004, 07:01 AM
The only good barramundi is lightly pan fried with lemon and pepper ;D ;D ;D with chips on the side.

Regards, Ari :)

p.s. I just don't like fish that eat other fish....lol

yippy
03-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Waaaaa Ari, i thought youd be on my side. waaaaaaaaa

Discus eat their wrigglers sometimes and my discus ate my neons >:(

Kerry

Hows that gorgeous little Ela? Say hi to Scott for me. :)

ari_wh
03-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Sorry... Kerry.... ;D

It is just that Scott's brother-in-law used to have one of those and he used to feed them goldfish.... and I used to keep goldfish.... so I decided that I did not like barra.... lol.

Well... my discus ate my cardinals too.....

Ella is well and now very determined to learn how to walk. She is holding on to everything now and taking more steps. Hhmm... I don't think I am ready for this......

luke_potts
03-02-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm with you kerry................in that Barra make GREAT pets
BUT I also agree with almost everyone else, they are also great eating!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am heading up north in july to do some barra fishing, im looking sooooooo forward to it too ;D

Cheers
luke

luke_potts
03-02-2004, 09:46 PM
STUFF UP OF THE DAY, WEEK or even MONTH :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

i was doing a w/c while i was typing the last post and then got busy doing work stuff :-\ and managed to forget that i was in the middle of a w/c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way i was draining too :o so i was left with, or rather the fish were left with, only about 3/4 of an inch of water in the bottom of the tank!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::) :o ::) ::)

I think i will need to talk to april about how to MULTITASK ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Luke

ps. although the fish were on their sides when i realised, they are ok now. Just as well discus are flat fish :o :o :o ;D ;D :o :o :o

April
03-02-2004, 10:19 PM
LOl LUke. that blooper qualifies you for immigration into Canoz.
dont worry..they get used to it. they learn to lie down and wait for the floods to come and add new fresh water to them!!

luke_potts
03-02-2004, 11:43 PM
DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT FLOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\

i have also successfully managed to flood my office today. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
while refilling the storage tank after my extra draining i managed to flood it over for about 15mins. So now i have the door locked, windows shut and both HEATERS on to try and dry the floor a bit before tomorrow. ;) Needles to say the door is locked and im trying to keep the boss well away from my area of the building ;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers
luke

note to self: DO NOT try to do w/c's when teaching. :-\

April
03-03-2004, 12:29 AM
LOL luke. your gonna take over my spot as the most famous flooder on simply!!
go and buy yourself a shopvac wet dry . just dont leave it plugged in..or it will burn your office down!! lol.

luke_potts
03-03-2004, 06:07 AM
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ ??? ??? ??? ???
thanks for the advice april:D

cheers
luke

yippy
03-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Well I have to admit - I multi tasked myself today. Filled my big planted while i was working and it overflowed ;D ;D ;D Then I was draining the tank in the bedroom and realised the hose end was inside the house :o

Prils taught me bad habits. ::)

Wheres that Rod Coleman - hes a great multi tasker :D

Pril, ban him from here - hes dumped us. :(

Luke, youre a savage for barra fishing. >:(

And Ari, dont worry - Ella will have YOU under control soon, so just do what she says. Im not teasing you, but you should see my A Grade crowntails i got from Rod - hehehe :o

kerry

yippy
03-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Pril, you forgot to mention, they dont have multi tasking floods in Canoz - the Canmus have been trained well to do the water changes for us. You know which ones, the Canmus who were barred from racing over the Canoz Cup epsiode because you rigged the race and everyone wanted their money back - including Ping ;D

And Mr Taxman turned up because you were an SP bookie?????? :D

Im gonna get some frontosas to put in the frontosa lake in Canoz - its an amazing republic :o 8)

luke_potts
03-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey kerry,

i used to keep a barra as a pet too, until he jumped out of the tank!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

u see i used to have an "Australian" tank with natives in it, some golden pearch, silver perch (australian bass), lots of smaller natives and "BARRY" the barramundi. this setup worked well for about 12 months, cause when i put barry in there he was only about 2cm long, nose to tail, and the pearch and bass were all about 7cm long and had ben in the tank for about 4months already.

BUT barry grew up and was very playful with the other fish, he used to chase them but would never hurt them and then on another day they would be chasing HIM!! so from what i saw all was fine, he would even let me pick him UP out of the water. ;)

But one day the children must have been playing a little too hard and when i got home from uni i found 1 bass and 1 barra on the floor of the shed!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :'( They had punched through a 3mm glass lid and that also was on the floor shattered. I was very sad at my discovery :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( and have alwayd wanted another! :D

suppose i will just have to settle for catching and eating :D:D:D:D a few big ones when i head up north :o :o :o :o

Cheers
luke

yippy
03-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Im off barra topics - i just keep thinking of poor Pat - the pet barra.

go for it Luke - im too sad :'(

Too sad to even say who posted this :(

luke_potts
03-05-2004, 07:21 AM
:D :D :D :D lol @ kerry ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers
luke

Mattzilla
03-10-2004, 12:04 AM
i only have one tank so the chance of over draining a tank is minimal....to make sure it never happens i attach a home made drain level to the end of my drain hose...

see the picture below

Mattzilla
03-10-2004, 12:05 AM
i just pop it on the side of my tank and start to syphon...

it hangs on by itself so i also don't have to worry about the hose falling out of the tank

Mattzilla
03-10-2004, 12:08 AM
and once the water level gets to the bottom of the pipe...bob's your uncle!!!

the water stops draining.

i just stick a pump on the end of the hose and then pump the fresh water back in through the same hose.

works for me.....but may be hard if you have multiple tanks of different size

matt

April
03-10-2004, 02:54 AM
far too organized and effective for me matt...but looks good. maybe i can benefit from your creation at work where i drain while i work. and..hoses all falling out etc etc..

Mattzilla
03-10-2004, 02:57 AM
it's pretty easy and literally only cost a few dollars to make. i just used aquarium safe silicon (and a bit of gaffer tape when one bit came loose) to hold the pipe together and a hose clamp to clampt the hose onto the pipe

hth
matt

yippy
03-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Nice looking contraption there mattzilla - i especially like the effect of the silver tape ;D

Its a great idea - but Pril would find a way to flood with it.

Dont worry pril, once we get to Canoz, we'll be fine, they dont have multi tasking floods there. Perfect water draining levels all year round :)

Kerry

Mattzilla
03-10-2004, 08:38 AM
yeah the weight of the drainage hose was pulling the tubing apart a little...nothing a bit of electrical or gaffa tape won't fix! lol

ping
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Nice work Matt :).
I like the silver tape too ;D.

Regards,
Ronny

kenoz
03-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone

We're back from a 4 week holiday swanning around SE Asia. Only had time to look at some discus in Singapore - couldn't figure out how to smuggle them home, so some beautiful chequerboards are still looking for a new owner.

Being the frugal sort I am (hope other-half doesn't read this), I saved enough to buy a breeding tank which I am picking up this afternoon. I'll do a fishless cycle before trying with the BT's. They have now spawned 3 times, and at least I've seen the wrigglers.

Lesson of the month. If you let your parents feed your discus whilst you are on holidays, be prepared for over-feeding problems! Massive additional water changes on return home (plus a flood on the family-room carpet). And the dog put on more weight than I did!

Cheers - see u in chat next week.

April
03-11-2004, 03:45 AM
we have duct tape here...it can repair anything in the world!! comes in all colours. ;D 8)

luke_potts
03-11-2004, 07:37 AM
Matt, great minds must think alike................................. ;D
i have one of those exact same setups but i found out that i still needed to back to the "Freestanding" vac as i need to vacume the waste.

Cheers
Luke

Mattzilla
03-11-2004, 10:29 AM
yeah i only use the drainage device for draining water.
i still have to use the old fashion tubing and bucket to get rid or all the fish waste. but at least i can do both at the same time

matt

yippy
03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey Matt, i got something similar to your "contraption" of my very good friend Rod today. Im going to a w/c with it later - Ill take a pic and post it in here. Even has a flow controlller!!!!

He also gave me 2 gorgeous home-bred Alencers ;D had them in the tank for 5 mins and they were eating their little heads off - his home-breds are so confident - like the goldens. ill take pics of them tomorrow too. :)

My new BD "Cary" is going great too - him and Cherub are getting along very well - which surprised me as Cherubs a feisty little girl. Must be his good looks ;D Heres a couple of pics for the aussies of the happy couple. ;)

Kerry

yippy
03-12-2004, 10:25 AM
hes looking real good Cary - his eyes have brightened up heaps and he hasnt got a mark on him. this is him in he qt room when he arrived. i fell in love with with right there and then. drove rod insane, "dont get my bd mixed up' lol

yippy
03-12-2004, 10:32 AM
And i dunno if its our aussie water - or he stopped over in Canoz on the way - but heres how he looks now. :)

Canoz has perfect water all year round - isnt that right Pril :)

yippy
03-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Matt, your wedding bettas are ready - can you collect them please - my dining room table is too cluttered >:(

Kerry

Mattzilla
03-12-2004, 06:17 PM
are you serious??? are they really our wedding bettas??

wow they breed quickly! ok...how do we do this...postage and stuff??

i have never had fish sent to me before...

matt

yippy
03-12-2004, 09:10 PM
LOl Matt- only kidding - but I maybe able to organise something for you if let me know how many you want.

These are for a lfs - i picked them up off Rod yesterday and have tom babysit them till tomorrow morning !!!!

How many wedding bettas do you need?

Kerry ;D

Mattzilla
03-12-2004, 09:49 PM
phew....
im kind of glad they are not the 'actual' wedding bettas...i have no where to put them!!! LOL

not sure how many we will need...don't even know what colour we will want

maybe a mix of colours....what do you think kez??

ta
matt

yippy
03-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Whens the wedding again Matt????? I have an idea :idea:

Kezza The Wedding Planner ;D

hey that could be a new business for me:

"WEDDINGS BY YIPPY" ;D

Mattzilla
03-12-2004, 11:22 PM
october 29th

yippy the wedding planner...LOL

yippy
03-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Ok so good time of year for bettas - wont need heated premises.

How many guests and how many tables?

WBY Inc.

(Weddings By Yippy Incorporated)

Mattzilla
03-13-2004, 12:44 AM
i think we are having ten tables, so i guess we need about 10 bettas

yippy
03-13-2004, 03:57 AM
No probs Matt- Ill have it done. WBY Inc

OK heres my new alencer fishies from Uncle rod - sorry about the quality of some - i have a bubble wall going and some are hazy and theres a few watermarks as id just done a w/c.

kerry :D

yippy
03-13-2004, 03:58 AM
:)

yippy
03-13-2004, 03:58 AM
:o

yippy
03-13-2004, 04:00 AM
;)

yippy
03-13-2004, 04:02 AM
The room theyre in is hard to get decent pics - different light from different angles, plus id just fed them and they were gutsing around the tank !!!

yippy
03-13-2004, 04:04 AM
Thats Brew - the golden pb from Rod - heres Ping.

Rod conned me into this one - when i walked in the shop he said "kerry, check out the fins on this betta"

Well say no more.......

I named him Ping ;D

yippy
03-13-2004, 04:06 AM
last one - the pics dont do Ping justice - when he flares, his fins are "a sight to behold"

kerry

AKA WBY Inc.

yippy
03-13-2004, 04:11 AM
One more - feeding - lol

Kerry ;D

April
03-13-2004, 04:12 AM
ok..those alencers were scheduled to fly to me..im sure. now put those back on the quantas!! YOur a very lucky girl..and soon you will have all of simply forum in your tanks! lets see..rod ,brew, jack, pril, henry, ping, cary, who else is swimming over there? and are they all getting along then??
nice betta. put a mirror in front of him so we can all see ping flared. ;D

Rod
03-13-2004, 05:01 AM
Nice Kerry, looks like they have settled in well. :)

Hey April, i have a very nice batch of them coming up now and some wicked red turks, maybe Kerry can take a few to Denver just for you. :D

ping
03-13-2004, 05:16 AM
Hey, i look like old ;D. I will bully your discus ;D.

Rod, dont show Kerry all bettas at your shop, she will take them all home ;D. No bettas left for kids ;D.

Rod, i received the certificates. Thanks.

Put me in front of mirror ... I want to scare everyone LOL ;D :scared: :scared:

Scary (Old) Betta ;D

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 05:21 AM
Hey Kerry there are over 3,200 members you had better buy your block of units for all the tank space. Are you going to start naming the fish in alphabetical order. Or pull them out of a hat?

;D ;D

Geoff

03-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Hey, Ping: Just wear a hat and shade glasses. 8) That'll do the trick on not scaring anyone. At least, according to Kerry, you have beautiful fins!! ;D That's creditability for ya! :thumbsup:

Kerry: Those Crowntails are gorgeous. Nice colors too. But the Alencers...WOW... What a beaut!! Nice photos and fishies.

--Angie--

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone,
Great to talk this arvo Kerry. Following are some pics.

Geoff

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 09:59 AM
SS & RT

yippy
03-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Nice fish Geoff - do you have any of your BDs ;D

Kerry

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Blue Diamond pair.
These would only be a year old at the most this is their 3rd batch of eggs they are hatching now.

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:03 AM
BD

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:07 AM
PB pair.
My daughter calls these the "murders" because as sonn as they hatch they eat the fry. I have lost count how many times this has happened at least 20 or so. Maybe this time :-\

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:09 AM
PB

ping
03-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Very nice Geoff :)
Keeping the pictures coming ;D :)

Regards,
Ronny

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Fry

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Fry

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Fry

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:17 AM
That's it folks.
;D
Like they say Kerry must be our climate. Makes the fish get all frisky.

Geoff

yippy
03-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Wow, love the BDs - the PBs are great too Geoff. They all are.

Get that cake and coffee ready - ill be there with my fish bags next weekend ;D

kerry

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Looking forward to the visit.

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey Rod you coming too - bring the family, there will be enough cake for all.

Geoff

yippy
03-13-2004, 10:28 AM
if you wait for Rod - the cake will go stale again - lol

Im coming for sure, got beer?

kerry :)

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Of course, is there an Aussie without beer in his/her fridge? Your reputation precedes you ;D. But none of this in my tanks :puke: lol.

Geoff

Rod
03-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Ping, well now you have a nice fish named after you, you do look big and scary and very pretty in your long white robes :P lol
Glad the certificates made it safe and sound.

Geoff, Nice pics, i love the rsg the most and the bd's. Great looking fish. And i will make it to your place one day...do you have a golf course nearby?? lol

Kerry, Geoff can whack the cake in the freezer...it'll keep ::)

ping
03-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah Rod LOL ;D. Lucky me, at least i am named after fish. She was about to use my name for plants :-X ;D.

yippy
03-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Rod, why dont you come down and play golf with my mate and then come to Geoffs on your way home? Im going out around 12.30 - if you play golf early you can come!!! Nice fish of Geoffs hey Rod?

GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF ::)

Kerry

Multiclone
03-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi RonnyThanks for the comments.
Do you live anywhere near Parkerville???

Geoff

ping
03-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi Geoff,

I am from Perth, the other side of the island :( Far away from discus crowd ;D
I live far away but i have Rod babies in my tank ;D ;)

Regards,
Ronny

lesley
03-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Kenoz, it must have been frustrating seeing all those discus and not being able to bring some home!!!!

So what does a fat discus look like?? At least they'll be in good nick to breed!!!! As for the water, well water on the floor goes with discus, doesn't it??? My family hardly even comments (if you count the low level muttering through gritted teeth as no comment) any more, even when they are wading through it!!! Sort of helps keep the floor clean really.

I am trying an "experiment" with my planted tank. Have been reading Diana Walstad methods on the Aqua Botanic website and am seeing if I can get them to work. I took nearly all the biological material out of my filters the other day just left a couple of sponges in to see if I can get the plants to use the ammonium before it converts to nitrates. Third day in, looking good.

Kerry, can you honestly say that ALL those bettas are going to make it somewhere else?? You won't be keeping even one???

Lesley

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Ok -Ive done my best for better pics of Henry & Michelle (I named the other one Michelle after my sis - hope shes a girl). ???

Theyre so active and think theyre being fed everytime i try and get a pic - but heres a couple more. :)

WBY Inc.
(Weddings By Yippy Incorprated)

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:35 PM

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:37 PM
::)

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Ok Ping - Ive done my best for you too. I put you in your 20 litre tank, put a mirror up beside you and you went BONKERS - :o Could you please stay still next time so your not blurred?

Id appreciate it!!!! >:(

Kerry
(WBY Inc.)

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:51 PM
:P

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Update on Brew - Rods home breds ;D

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Cary and Cherub this morning :love:

yippy
03-13-2004, 08:57 PM
This ones for you Pril - geez we had fun me and Rod. ;D

April
03-13-2004, 09:33 PM
quit teasing Kerry..did you hear Rod?? hes sending them to Denver with you . all for me!! maybe you will have to fly to Vancouver first with those little alencers and rt ..so i can get them all settled??
great pics kerry. Ping is very nice.
and of course the Alencers also.

yippy
03-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Nopers Pril - Rods fish stay right here - where they belong.

Right Rod???

Im charging the batteries on my camera - i think thats whats up with the pics - so ill try and get better ones of the alencers.

AND GUESS WHAT - guess whats in the 4 foot in the bedroom with the discus??????

BRISTLENOSE CATFISH FRY - LOL

Ill wait till these batteries charge and get a pic - theyre stuck on the glass and most are in the log. :o

I dunno, our aussie water........................ ;D

Kerry

April
03-14-2004, 12:58 AM
im moving in. open up that empty suite next door. dont worry i wont traipse through your deck for a shortcut to the pool. no booby traps needed. i need some of that water here. can you send me a vial in the meantime??? :o :o :o might put things in the mood :fish: :fish:

03-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Multiclone: I love your fat BDs!! Nice. Also, Kerry looks like she's got some love in her tank too! Way to go. Nice. **Angie**

kenoz
03-14-2004, 03:41 AM
They're at it again! The new tank's no where near ready for habitation yet, but the BT's just went ahead and spawned on the driftwood in their community tank. At least they get plenty of practice. Maybe wrigglers tomorrow, and a feast for the other inhabitants!

ping
03-14-2004, 03:54 AM
Hi Ken,

Looking good :)

Hello Angie,
Are you moving down to Oz ? Dont forget to bring those wilds ;D

Wow Kerry, i am rock ... Nice betta ;) Get some more. Rod must have plenty more ;D.
Show me my tank pls ;D

Ronny :)

Multiclone
03-14-2004, 05:34 AM
YAAAAAA Kerry BD wrigglers they hatched last night. They have shifted them on the cone. 100+. I wont get too excited till they attach.

Geoff

yippy
03-14-2004, 05:47 AM
WOW geoff - thats great - have the beer ready on Sunday - dont worry about the cake, I cant drink on a full stomach, and we'll wet the babies heads. ill bring cigars. ;D

Cant wait to see all your fish. How the murderers ;D

kerry

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:06 AM
Ok - heres your vial of aussie water pril - hope it does the trick ;)

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:16 AM
think Ive worked out whats wrong with the pics ive posted of the alencers.

!. The batteries were low in the camera
2. The backing

All the water in my tanks is crystal clear but for somereason since I put this different roman ruins backing on yesterday - the pics arent as clear. i did manage to get a better one of the alencers.

kerry

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:26 AM
So tomorrow Im changing it over to my "usual" ruins backing. see the difference in the turq pair tank - and the water is just as clear in the alencers tank.

me and my backings ::)

Multiclone
03-14-2004, 06:31 AM
The "murders" eggs are going to hatch tonight. This is the best they have ever been usually he beats her up that bad I have to rescue her this time they have been the perfect couple so far. However the next 12 hrs is the danger period. I will keep you informed.

Geoff

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:33 AM
ok Ping, heres your house - not quite filled yet - it was too heavy to lift onto the dining room table and i had other things going on so Ill fill you tomorrow. the green line is where your water will be - you cant jump out - youve got a lid. ;D

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:36 AM
another view - you have a ruin too. :)

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:39 AM
baby bristles now - geez. not very clear, theyre little critters.

Ok - im goin to la la land - and dream of flying discus Angie Pangie - ill send you my novel as promised, been busy dealing in bettas - lol

Kerry :)

ping
03-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Wow .. i have nice tank. The whole tank is mine ;D.
Woo hooo.. i have a ruin . A real ruin ;D.

Geoff, nice pair :) Congrats ... Let us know about the "murders" eggs :) Hope they can make it :)
Where did you buy your BDs ?

Multiclone
03-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Ronny,
I bought them from a LFS believe it or not. They had tank full with a big sign saying imported from China on it. I bought 6 @ $100 each, I killed 2 through my own ignorance back then ( a story on its own ) and 1 jumped out of the tank in the middle of the night. I wish I had bought more now.

Geoff

ping
03-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi Geoff,

They are nice. Yeah, we always wish that we bought more, arent we ? ;D.
I bought 5 from Rod, i should bought more too ;D.
Well, 3 died but you have 80 over there ;D. Oh, you have unlimited supply of BDs now ;D :)

Hi Kerry,

Do i have light in my tank ;D ? Why is bare bottom, am i going to planted ;D ? What a choosy betta am i ;D
PS. I feel bored alone in the tank ;) :P

Regards,
Ronny

April
03-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Those baby bristlies are awfully "cute" Kerry...well neat anyhow..think they will make it in there? hope so. lots of fun. thanks for my vial of water.
I think Ping wants lime green and purple gravel in a swirl pattern. ;D

yippy
03-14-2004, 03:18 PM
No worries Pril, hope the water brings on some spawning ;)

Sorry NO GRAVEL IN BETTA TANKS.

Same us juvie discus, do better in bare bottom and keeps water cleaner and Ping healthy.

Remember, no filter in Pings tank, bettas dont need it. Theyre labyrinths.

As far as a friend for Ping, bettas really dont mind being on their own - theyre ok with other nice natured fish, but theyre fine on their own too. Anyway, he has neighbours next door - other bettas - so hes fine.

Ping does have a light and for winter i have heaps of little 20 or 25 watt heaters to keep all my bettas nice and warm. ;D

Geez, ping you have a nice big tank for a betta, you have a nice plant and a roman ruin - be happy with that or Ill stick you a paper cup ;D One from Starbucks or Macdonalds - so you wont even be able see anything :D

Kerry

Kerry

yippy
03-14-2004, 05:21 PM
hey guys, its Mulitclones birthday today. ;D

What are you giving me for your birthday Geoff??? Some of those nice fish of yours? The BDs?????

You stay outa this one Ping !!!!!

Kerry

yippy
03-14-2004, 06:11 PM
And Geoff, dont bother saving any cake for Rod ;D

He'll be at Golf ::)

Kerry

ping
03-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Happy Birthday Multiclone .... :balloon: :balloon: :drummer: :balloon:

Time to get more new :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish::fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

LOL Kerry, are you gonna take all BDs ? Save some for me ;D.

And Geoff, dont bother saving any cake for Rod
Psst, she wants the whole cake ;D

Paper Cup Kerry, do i get to choose which one ? ;D. I prefer Starbucks, i am sick with McDonalds ;D :P

Ronny ;D

Rod
03-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Happy birthday geoff.....but you are not off the hook mate. Thanks to kerry( revenge will be sweet) that aweful pic of me is now on the net, i saw that devilish grin you had after you took it...lol.

Multiclone
03-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Kerry,
Grrrrrrrr I should have know you would notice what day it was I haven't decided on your punishment yet maybe this :spank: or :smash: or :whip:. The only trouble is you would probably like the first and last so those are out.
Hey!!!!!! I thought you were to give gifts to the birthday boy ;D I don't want much just a couple of fish will do say Cary and Cherub would look nice here I have a nice 4' tank just waiting for them ;) ;D ;D
The "murders" have all hatched 200+ keeping the fingers crossed.

Ronny,
I think you are right Kerry loves her cake and drink. I think a HUGGGGEEEEEE cake will have to be made to satisfy her ;).

yippy
03-14-2004, 08:31 PM
I hate cake, but I love anti pasto - salami, artichokes, olives, semi sundried tomatoes and capsicums, marinated mushrooms and all yummy cheeses and stuff ;D

And on special occasions like this, i like to have a nice dry martini with an olive :)

Rod will eat anything, as long as its shaped like a golf ball or something ;)

Kerry

Multiclone
03-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks Rod,
Be careful, I have a lot more photos hee hee hee, so I will expect a visit and a box of goodies no small ones 3" plus.
;) :thumbsup:

Multiclone
03-15-2004, 08:54 PM
:furious: Well the "murderers" have done the deed, mass murder in the tank last night 200 fry eaten, and they had the nerve to expect to be fed this morning.
Oh well! maybe the 22nd time they will get it right.
One positive thing was this is the first time they didn't fight.

Geoff

yippy
03-15-2004, 09:40 PM
darn muderers !!!!! >:(

Heres the link Geoff - dont forget to bag up those BDs for me.

Kerry ;D

http://www.easylife.nl/asia/index.html?id=19e&nav=vfm

Multiclone
03-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks Kerry

ping
03-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Kerry, is EasyLife good ?

yippy
03-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Its more or less the same as geo-liquid - but cheaper and apparently 30% more beneficial - for bringing on spawning - LOL - should see my 4 foot in the bedroom - heaps more baby bristlies have appeared - ill get some pics today.

kerry

hey Geoff, whats this "thanks kerry business"? You didnt mention my BDs youre bagging up for me ???

Multiclone
03-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Kerry I would love to oblige but they have fry at moment - got out of that one ok. I thought we discussed Cary and Cherub would have an extended holiday here .

Ping,
Try this link for buying Easy Life http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/category36_1.htm

Geoff

Multiclone
03-17-2004, 03:13 AM
The BD attached this morning.
They fought all the time until free swimming and I was about to take out the female. After discussing it with Rod we decided to leave them together as the fighting was'nt too severe. Once they started to attach they have turned into the perfect couple no fighting they :love: each other again.

Geoff

Rod
03-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Good one Geoff, don't forget me when its time to part with some excess fry ;D

Multiclone
03-17-2004, 05:17 AM
Rod you are No1 on the list

ping
03-17-2004, 05:59 AM
wow ... very nice Geoff :)
Thanks for the link, i forgot to order when i ordered Tetra Bits and AquaClear 500 from that shop ;D

Ronny

mattrox
03-17-2004, 07:42 AM
All the pictures of the lovely discus are making me drool! This hobby is going to send me broke, even without the electricity bill. (I don't need heaters)

yippy
03-17-2004, 08:10 AM
hey - hold on a minute !!!!!! i was first on the list - now Rod is !!!!!! :D

Well, i think Rod deserves to be first on the list, after all I do drive him bonkers with phone calls - ok - Rods in. But Geoff, what if he doesnt show up for cake and beer??? maybe i will get in first - lol - make Rod a putting green - he'll show up ;D

Theyre lovely fish those Bds - glad to see theyve attached.

I dont know what we're gonna do about the murderers - theyre such a nice looking pair. ???

Kerry ;)

heres a couple of my sister and hubbys reef tank - theres more - but heres a few.

yippy
03-17-2004, 08:23 AM
remember the pic I posted of me a while back on the floor of the pub doing a slug impression - well thats me "Kerry the Slug" lol pretty arent I ??? ::)

heres some more. :)

This is Susie - Susie was the other girl in the pub that night doing an impression of a boxfish.

yippy
03-17-2004, 08:25 AM

yippy
03-17-2004, 08:29 AM
last one - they found nemo - god those clowns are so cute with their anenomes- very ptotective of them too - but kerry the Slug and Susie the boxfish are my favourites.

Nite all 8)

ping
03-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Very nice Kerry, Took me a while to find Suzie's head LOL ;D.
So how am i doing in my tank with Roman ruin ? ;D.

Geoff, who is the first in the list now ? ;D. Can i be the 3rd in the list then ;D. No one vote for the 3rd ;D.

Rod, fish are perfect now. Eating well and coloring nicely :).

Regards,
Ronny

Multiclone
03-17-2004, 10:11 AM
I recognised you Kerry as soon as I saw you :o lol.
I had to put Rod No1 it's the only way he will drive this far.
Hi Ronny, I haven't used Easy Life but I hear Kerry uses it for everything including washing her hair in it. Also someone said when she is desperate it goes well with coke that's the rumour anyway.
Matt I am going to shift to Dawin our electricity bill last quarter was $1,500 and that was during summer. I hate to think what winter will be like. :-\.

Geoff..

Multiclone
03-17-2004, 10:18 AM
I nearly forgot does anyone know where to buy Metronidazole (flagyl) from in Aussie I just bought 75ml in solution from a vet 5ml=200mg 75 ml comes to 3 grams. It can be bought jn the US for $20 Au for 100 grams in powder form.
Thanks
Geoff.

Rod
03-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Your friend has a nice looking tank there Kerry, and yes i can definately see the resemblence between you and the slug :P :-*

Geoff, Try your local vet for the metronidazole. my vet charges me about $50 for 250 x 200mg tablets. It's only available by presciption so you might have to take a decent disease book with you when you go.

yippy
03-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Geoff, after the comments on my slug appearance - i was gonna screen my calls and not answer you anymore - lol - but call me about the metro. I think I can help - I have contacts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Rod, the reason Im asking for Geoff to put up a putting green is that he has heaps of trees and butcher brids and mapgies - you know how much those birds love you!!!!

Well that was my scheme anyway. ;D

Little Henry is great!!!!

Kerry ;D

April
03-17-2004, 09:01 PM
LOL. can i have a picture of one of the butcher birds swooping down on you Rod?? get your golf mate to take one for me!! LOL.
nice bd and their little offspring Multiclone. looking good!! Can I be first in line instead of Rod???? Pretty please with sugar on top?? easy delivery..just drop them off at quantas and stick my name on the box. ;D
that tanks great Kerry..i recognized you the sea slug immediately!! i think you guys go to the same hairdresser. lol.
ok..im home..and accounted for. where have you been!!

Multiclone
03-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Kerry you must have frightened them into laying this happened just after you left. I noticed her pecking on the glass in the corner so I put a cone in and they layed within 20 minutes.

Geoff

ping
03-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Wow... very nice Geoff .. what pair is that ?
Maybe i should ask Kerry to visit me too ;D.

Ronny

yippy
03-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Cool - ive got some nice shots of her here that i took today - ill post them tomorrow- havent resized them yet. i was gonna ask you if i could buy her - but guess thats outa the question lol

She liked me, i told her to lay ;D her and i had a quiet word over a drink while you guys were down the hill.

Ping if you want me to visit, is it all expenses paid?

Kerry

Multiclone
03-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi Ping,
The male is a BD and the female is a "Flame of the Forest" if anyone knows the common name I would really like to know.

Sorry Kerry :'( if you had asked me this arvo I probably would have said yes she has been a real pain in the #### hence her name agro. :love: seems to have settled her down.

Geoff

yippy
03-19-2004, 04:50 PM
these are pics from my visit at Geoffs (Multiclones). Im buying a tent and moving up to his moutnain. ;D

Kerry

yippy
03-19-2004, 04:55 PM
The view - its amazing - can see my place with a telescope - lol

yippy
03-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Theres some arguments as to who will finish with these fry -lol

I dont want them now - looks like Rod & Pril fight it out ;D

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
My future fish maybe Geoffy???????????????? im calling her Eve, not Agro - lol

Kerry

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:06 PM
i knew I shouldnt have told her to lay eggs - sob sob :'(

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:08 PM
last one of Eve ;D shes gorgeous :-*

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
YIKES!!!!! A murderer lol

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:12 PM
few more of Geoffs :)

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:13 PM
More :)

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:14 PM
:D

ping
03-19-2004, 05:15 PM
what pair is at previous 2 pictures ?

put more pictures Kerry ;D :)

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I think this is another murderer isnt it Geoff? :o

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Theres a menagerie of pets out there - these ones have been taught to swoop on golfers ;D

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Better golfer swoopers - bigger beaks lol ;D

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:25 PM
better watch yourself out there Rod !!!!

Geoffand I picked the perfect place for a putting green - and its a great clear swooping spot. lol ;D

ping
03-19-2004, 05:28 PM
nice view :)

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Even a nice pool for you to cool off in after golf Rod, birds wont even find you under there.

Theres a story to this pool but Geoff can explain - bit technical for me. ???

Thats it guys, got more but alot look the same.

REALLLY REALLY nice place you have Geoff, ill be up there next week with my tanks and tent ;D

ping
03-19-2004, 05:35 PM
what is inside that pool ? ;D.

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Better size and view of monster filter - other was a bit small ;D

Kerry

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:38 PM
???

Ask Geoff lol

yippy
03-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Any questions....fire them at Geoff ;D

Multiclone
03-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Ronny, the pair are SS female male RT. He is not fertilizing her eggs he is still young.
The pool is going to be my future water supply a lot of work to do yet to clean it up.
Kerry, thanks, here's a clue hic, hic, burp.
Yes it was the other murderer.
Agro (eve) and BD's eggs are beginning to vanish. First time I have seen red eggs.

Geoff

mattrox
03-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Very nice photos of very nice Discus. DROOOOOOL

I want some! LOL ;)

My new guys are still quite shy, but becoming more bold around feeding times. The BT's are really starting to get the blue happening. And the smaller RT's have thier snouts in the trough any time there is food. Typical kids. The BT's are more "refined" at meal time. I'll try to get some good pics.

mattrox
03-20-2004, 02:41 AM
They still get startled sometimes.

yippy
03-20-2004, 02:45 AM
maybe Eve would like it here better Geoff?

She really liked me ;D

Kerry

Nice little fishies Mattrox - wanna help me take over G ;)eoffs place????

Kerry

mattrox
03-20-2004, 02:47 AM
Another shot.

mattrox
03-20-2004, 02:55 AM
I like the shape of this fish in particular. This shot shows it well.

hehehe I don't need to take over Geoff's place. ;) I'd help you raid his place
and smuggle a few fish out. I'll just play G.W.B. and call them terrorists. I can hold them indefinitely then!! What do you think???
:o

Multiclone
03-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Hi Matt nice fish more photos pleeeaaaseee.
I was wondering how do you get on up there in the summer with the heat and breeding. Those hot days here the water in the tanks reached 32.5 C and I lost 3 lots of eggs. If I remember right when I used to live up there the temp during the summer was about 33 every day.

Kerry, Matt etc I have already informed the neighbours to look out for people lurking about and to shoot on sight. I have also hooked the electric fence up to the 240 volts that will make your hair stand on end Kerry.
Eve is down to 20 eggs they have done well for the first time.

Geoff

yippy
03-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Well no-one around for miles - 'city folks' wont hear geoffs screams - so i say - yeah - go for it. but I wanna him held at a detention centre or somewhere because i want the complete package - he can have his plants - but thats it - lol.

All Jokes aside, Rod, youve gotta get up there - its incredible - youd never wanna leave.

mattrox
03-20-2004, 08:01 AM
I am not up to the breeding stage yet. Just starting my collection. So I don't know about water temps. and breeding.

I do know that when I put the mini stick on thermometer (which stops at 29 deg.) it has not dropped below 29. Today during the water change it reached 29, it was a cooler day here due to rain. I fill the tank straight from the hose and add water conditioner. .... hehehe 29 and a cooler day LOL

I think the water temps are 30-31 deg. In the dry season the nights are cooler so the temperature, I am guessing will be a degree or two cooler.

April
03-20-2004, 08:42 AM
great pics.. im moving in also. i'll go get my passport on monday.
great piccys Kerry.
and Matt..i want that turquoise.
we dont have to send Geoff to a dentention place..we can turn him into our servant. he knows how to run the place..he just has to invest in a few fans to fan us..while we lounge and view fish!!
think i can bring my spotty dog?? shed like to run all over that hill.

yippy
03-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Good thinkingpril - i have back up anyway - my cousin is in the SAS - he know all lurking techniques.

Plus itll be fun watching Rod getting swooped on by all those birds lol - forget canoz, lets head for the hills - bring the spotted one and jezebel.

heres Nobby and pril - they have eggs on a plant leaf (probly a cloned one) so theyre a bit snappy with the others at he moment. :D

Kerry

yippy
03-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Plus brutie would love that pool when its done. :)

yippy
03-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Nobbys the girl - prils the boy - someone made a sexing error ???

kerry

yippy
03-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Look ay my boy now Pril ;D Typical Cary :)

yippy
03-20-2004, 09:13 AM
And our little Brewmaster - well not so little anymore- hes shot up heaps.

Geoff, someone is letting fireworks off here in my street - or is that you firing missiles from them thar hills??????

kerry :)

Multiclone
03-20-2004, 09:14 AM
You have won me Kerry I am picking up another 2 - 4' tanks on Wednesday one for Nobby and Pril.

April are you going to let Kerry get away with calling you a boy - the mind boggles :o is there something we don't know about :o.
My 2 mountain lions would have spotty for a snack.

HELP!!!!! what's happening to my fish they are all getting names :-\ . Kerry you will be naming the gill flukes next lol.

Geoff

yippy
03-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Ask April - my lips are sealed on the sexing error - lol

Cement lions - lol - my SAS cousin will use those for target practice.

They didnt budge a millimetre when when we drove in - lol

kerry

OK call me Geoff , ill move up on Friday- with reinforcements and Brutie and heaps of storms for Bundaberg.

03-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Hi Kerry (Yippy):

Your garden is fantastic!!! Love those birdies, too! Wow. :o All my favorites too. ;) --angie--

Hi Ronny (Ping):

Yeah, I should move on out to Oz. Sounds like a lovely place to be! :D
I will need a (inexpensive) 5-bedrooms, 5-bathrooms casita made of stone/clay like those found in Mexico. I love that look. ;D --angie--

ping
03-21-2004, 07:06 AM
Hi Angie,

You might find the heat too much ;D. It's getting hot again this weekend and tomorrow will be 41C :(.

5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms .. wow.... must be a big house ... Big enough for lots of tanks ;)
Just need to pick up which room as fish room LOL ;D.

Geoff, nice fish and beautiful view, can i visit you one day ? ;)

Ronny

Multiclone
03-21-2004, 07:46 AM
No problems with that Ronny :thumbsup:

ari_wh
03-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Goodness me... I was away for 3 days and aussie3 has grown....lol. Just came back from Darwin... I needed that shopping trip!! Although, can't buy much.... clothing wise... cause everything is WINTER fashion!!!!!!!! Why people are selling winter fashion in Darwin is beyond me.... Scott scored big time... He picked up lots of plants and we had to buy 120 litre plastic containers to lug them all home..... I don't mind Darwin... it is nice town... I think.

Mattrox,
Sorry, we could not make it this time.... :(. After going around the nurseries at humpty doo, we were so tired on Saturday night. Next time, I will make the effort. This time is Scott's trip to Darwin.... next time, it will be mine :). I picked up a few little fishie... just some cories and rummies.... Thanks for the info :).

Your little fishie are looking good too... Should get more from Rod...!!!!!

mattrox
03-22-2004, 03:07 AM
More shots of the new fish!

Ari,

No Probs. I know how it can be with lots to do in a short time frame. Glad to hear that you picked up the things that you were after!

Matt

mattrox
03-22-2004, 03:20 AM
Another group shot of the new fish.

A good shot to show the importance of a perfilter sponge. The food on the sponge is fresh bloodworms and flakes from the meal a few minutes ago. Hate to have that rotting in the canister.

It would have been a great shot of the group apart from the cord in the way.

Mattzilla
03-22-2004, 03:23 AM
matt

your new fish look awesome mate!!!!

keep us updated with pics as they grow. they look like they are going to have some awesome colours!

cheers
matt

mattrox
03-22-2004, 03:24 AM
Rod L., is this a RT?

Mattzilla
03-22-2004, 03:26 AM
looks brown based....alenquer???

ecc.oldlady
03-22-2004, 04:17 AM
hi guys

well i finally have something interesting enough to contribute to this fine aussie thread.

my pair of golden scorpions have hatched between 150-200 eggs and they are about to become free swimmers.

i think i am very clever as they have only been out of my community tank and into their own 2 foot bare bottom tank now for about 2 weeks.

i'll keep you posted on whether they are fry eaters or just egg eaters.

wish me luck

michelle

Emminess
03-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Funny how I feel in love with the discus at the local pet shop - I swear I was in awe. Also, it was my idea to get some not Mattrox's....though he might say different... Funny how he takes all the credit around here ;D

I am amazed also that they sure do poo a lot - and they are no longer scared now there is 9 of them. :D

Rod
03-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi Mattrox,

Looks like they have settled in real well :)

Mattzilla your right, that is an alenquer based discus i sent mattrox. It is actually a red turk X alenquer F1 ( shhhh, don't tell April ;D) he was an extra i sent because i buggered up the order last week and didn't send the right amount :-\ Apoligies to Matt and Emma.

Hi Emma, Nice to see you on the forum and helping us keep matt in line for us.

Rod

Multiclone
03-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the pics again Matt.

Michelle, good to see you are still around and congrats with the fry when can we expect some pics ?

Update on the "murderers" yep they have laid again TAKE 22 doesn't look good though he beat her up pretty well before I could shift her, every fin is frayed.

Geoff

Multiclone
03-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Nearly forgot. Kerry start saying your goodbyes :'( ordered 3 more 4' tanks today picking them up Wednesday. If you are nice I will let you have weekend visits.

Geoff

yippy
03-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Eve will do - save me driving all that way ;D

kerry

April
03-22-2004, 02:05 PM
oh ............i heard...and that there fish was slated for canada only im sure!!! Mattrox give me my fish back!!! but..the one i got sent to me..had a heart shaped spot on it...
can you send me a new one with a heart spot rod?? ok this one was brown based and rt.
I will let you off the hook this time Rod..but now i hear Kerry got alencers..and Matt has alencer x rt...

yippy
03-22-2004, 02:27 PM
All I know is my fish are brown ;D

Kerry

Mattzilla
03-22-2004, 06:57 PM
ecc.oldlady,

i would love to see some pictures of your golden scorpians!!!! pleeeeeaaaassseee.

ta
mattzilla

ari_wh
03-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Waaaaa........... :-[ :-[. Now that I am so far away..... I can't keep guard on what Rod is having...... Everyone is getting fishie but me....!!!!!

Emma,
Welcome to Simply... Good to see another person with discus in this end of the wood. I just returned from Darwin last weekend... Planned to catch up with Matt, but the trip was simply too short for all the things we wanted to do... Next time... We will try to get to Darwin more often, so maybe we can all catch up??? You should post your fishie pics too.....

Mattrox,
Are they the same fishie you got last time? or you just got more???????

ecc.oldlady
03-22-2004, 11:14 PM
not very good at the photo thing yet but here goes.

The male is the bottom one, the wrigglers are on the slate

Michelle

Mattzilla
03-23-2004, 12:32 AM
your picture posting does need a little work...there's no picture...lol

try again

ta
matt

mattrox
03-23-2004, 04:09 AM
Rod,

I was suprised at the bonus! Thank you. ;D After they settled I noticed that the colouration was subtly different on that fish. I wondered what it was. Last night I noticed a slight patch that has a red hue on that fish.

The fish look great. As they colour up I'll post more pics.

ecc.oldlady
03-23-2004, 08:01 AM
having problems with the picture sending.

when i take a photo it is under 80 kb but when i save it to the desktop to send as an attatchment it is 210kb

any one out there have any hints about what i am doing wrong

michelle

Mattzilla
03-23-2004, 08:23 AM
you need to resize them after being saved....

or you can email them to me at mattp@swiftdsl.com.au

thanks
matt

ecc.oldlady
03-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Matt

already sent them to you. check your e-mail, it should be there.

so how do I resize the photo?

Michelle

Mattzilla
03-23-2004, 06:37 PM
hmmmm. i checked my mail and nothing there...

maybe iut is just taking a while to come through

thanks

matt

mattrox
03-24-2004, 04:30 AM
None of the Aquarium shops around here have live food! grrrrrrrrrrr >:(

If I want live brine shrimp I'll have to hatch it out and grow it up. Sounds like a hassle! :-\

ari_wh
03-24-2004, 05:45 AM
You don't need live food, matt... Mine live happily on tetra bits, beef heart and frozen bloodworm (thanks to Rod.... who arranged to get them for us!!). I only used live food last time to get them to eat after being sick.

If you are desperate, put some water in the container in your backyard and get some mozzie wrigglers going. Discus love it and after a while, you will get bloodworm breeding there too.... And, don't worry about mozzie.... your discus demand will be a lot higher than the wrigglers, so you don't have to worry about them hatching and becoming full size mozzie..... and bite you.

p.s. I heard live brine shrimp doesn't have much nutritional value too.... They are only good when babies (bbs). And they are difficult to raise. A friend of mine from Sunshine Coast (who used to post here as well!!! - Where are you JAMIE???), tried to raise them... but he reckoned it was not worth the effort.

mattrox
03-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Forgot that we get mozzies here. LOL Have put a bucket of water out and will see what happens.

Thanks,

Matt

ecc.oldlady
03-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Matt

I dont know where you are but my local water garden nursery has just opened up a fish room and they sell live brine shrimp.

we are in brisbane if that is helpful

michelle

yippy
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok - got better pics now of the alencer kids - from Rod the champ - my battieries were going flat last pics.

yippy
03-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Carys in the corner here. :)

yippy
03-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Hes a nawdy boy that Cary - Cherubs running for her life to keep her virginity - I took the chastity belt off her so we'll see - the dots on cary are the glass - done a Rod - didnt clean the glass first ;D

yippy
03-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Some of the other mob in the planted - with Pidge "the lump" ::)

yippy
03-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Wh ;Dooosh - a panda - lol

yippy
03-24-2004, 05:59 PM
begging for worms this morning - pack of gutses ::) already had their discus dinner >:(

mattrox
03-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Look at all those fish! Great pics!

ping
03-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Nice pictures... time for me to borrow a camera and take some ;D.
Kerry, I'll take Cary's long lost brother and sister ;D.

Ronny

nalah
03-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi Everyone
good to see that you are still at it. :gossip:

Due to variuos reasons, I am selling a few discus. All adults, none are Rods. LOL

If anyone here in sydney is after any fish, email me and I will tell you want I have.

chat soon and be good peoples.

ari_wh
03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Kerry,
I can see that you have a few more discus now than when I came to visit!! Nice tanks, btw, good to see you did not go all bb. They definitely look nice in that tank.

Rod,
Don't let kerry get all your fishie..... Save some for me :(.

Mattrox,
You forgot that we have mozzies up here???? How could you? LOL

Ronny,
Yes... you still owe me pics of your discus.

April
03-25-2004, 12:20 AM
great pics everyone..those alencers look kinda outa place...Kerry..dont fit in with your theme..they look way better now.in those pics.
now..send them on..as they "look like a fish outa water" at your house!!!
heh Pascale..dont sell all your fish..and if your selling rods blue guy..i think hed take it back in a flash!! or..send it here.
ok everyone..my fish pics are in general. have a "boo" i like that word...lol.

yippy
03-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Ummm, Pril, rods blue guy would go great with my cobalt female - and the alencers stay here - much safer - no FLOODING !!!!!

You just look after your 2nd graders over there - us aussies have 1st grade RODS

Kerry (new adoptive mom) ;D

nalah
03-25-2004, 05:12 AM
Ummm, Pril, rods blue guy would go great with my cobalt female -
Kerry (new adoptive mom) ;D

:funny:that's funny Yippy
in your dreams................ :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:
this little :fish:stays right with his mummy.

yippy
03-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Thats great news Pascale, you keep the blue fella here where he belongs - NO SHIPPING TO CANADA !!!!!

Where you been anyway - we've been worried sick - lol

Kerry ;)

yippy
03-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Sorry Pascale, im not a new adoptive mum to your blue fish - its a person ;)

hey, Matt and Luke and I were talking about a chat session next TUESDAY night - 8.30 (daylight saving finsihes Sunday).

Anyone keen????????

Kerry ???

April
03-25-2004, 10:12 PM
PASCALE!!!! Happy Birthday!!! ok this is your north american birthday!! so now you get one for two days running!! Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday..to you... we wish you a merry birthday...and a happy year... ok so a bit bemuddled..
anyhow hope you had a great day yesterday and someone fed you cake.
:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:
:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :fish: :drummer: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :spank:and..a birthday spanking to boot.

ping
03-26-2004, 02:29 AM
Happy Birthday Pascale :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :guitarist: :guitarist: :guitarist: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Multiclone
03-26-2004, 03:55 AM
Sorry April but Nobby and Pril are safely tucked in at my place ;D and after looking at those other photos I am making plans on how to get them as well 8).

Geoff

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:41 AM
yeah right geoff - lol :D

You dont know what i was sussing out while you were out of the fish room and left me there on my own !!!!!! What were your first words????? kerry? Whats that bag for ???????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PASCALE :bounce: :drummer: :fish: :antlers: :balloon: :jester:

Multiclone
03-26-2004, 07:30 AM
You've done it again Kerry. Eve has layed again as soon as you left ;D and so have the other PB pair.

Geoff

yippy
03-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Evieeeeeeeee

Cooee - its Kezza - your soon to be mum - from down the big smoke - eat them eggs up lovey ;D i know how boring it can be for you up in the "sticks" - come down here lovey - Ill take you around to meet the nice bottleshop man that knows Cary :) ;) ;) ;)

Nice try Geoff - lol - get that barrier down !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

April
03-26-2004, 12:10 PM
ok...well seeming Pril is there..on that land..i guess i can follow so i can be with my fish who was named after me.

yippy
03-26-2004, 01:54 PM
yeah Pril - come on over - help me take over Geoffs ;D

Kerry

yippy
03-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Ok heres some more of Heaven - mine and Prils new home - got those fans to fan us Geoff - when we take over and youre our slave?????

Kerry

How Eves eggs? Gone yet? lol

yippy
03-26-2004, 05:51 PM
My place is about where that arrow is.

nalah
03-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Thank you April and Yippy.

I am taking photos of my fish later so I will post my big big - he is huge now.

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Cool pacale.

OK heres me, pril you will be next to me soon here - queens of the mountain. ;D

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Eve ;D

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Come to mummy Evie ;D

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Eves hubby >:(

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Geeffs other BD with fry - geez theyve grown :)

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Sorry Geef - lol - i mean geoff.

male pb - hes a biggen - lovely fish :)

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:30 PM
YIKES - THE MURDERERS :yikes:

yippy
03-26-2004, 06:34 PM
UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great photography skills Geoff ;D

ecc.oldlady
03-26-2004, 06:45 PM
All these great photos

I feel left out :(

I want to play too... :P :P :P

I'm having trouble sending, after I save to the desktop I don't know how to reduce them small enough to send. ??? ??? ???

Please help!!!!

Michelle (in Brisbane ) so close .... yet so far

yippy
03-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Michelle, email me a couple of pics you want posted and Ill put them up and then tell you how to resize:

discusdevil@yahoo.com

Kerry ;D

Multiclone
03-26-2004, 08:25 PM
I've increased the wattage to the electric fence this will be Kerry, April etc who attempt anything. :yikes: :yikes: and if that doesn't work it will be :smash: then :whip: then :spank: then you will be sent home :waaa:.
You lot aren't much of a threat it's the silent one (Rod) I worry about. Probably planning something now.

Geoff

yippy
03-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Id be more concerned about the "silent one" too if I were you Geoff 8)

Dont worry - I wasnt really lost yesterday - it was stalling tactics - as I said my cousin is in the SAS so I was actually stalling for time so they could case the joint - lol

Didnt you notice any strange black figures lurking about ??????? They can handle the voltage situation too - so we feel confident we have handled the "mission" well. (SEE UPDATED PIC ABOVE)

Hows Eves eggs ??? ;)

Kerry

Multiclone
03-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Eve's eggs are good - so far that is- however she is beating him up he has lost a few scales and frayed fins I am on the verge of taking him out.

Geoff

yippy
03-27-2004, 02:30 AM
hmmm, maybe send eve here for a bit - calm her down ;D

she is a feisty little bugger - even with nobby yesterday.

kerry ???

DiscusStu
03-27-2004, 04:02 AM
8)

Hi Michelle,
Here are a few photos you might recognise...

ecc.oldlady
03-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Is that you stuart?

Michelle

ecc.oldlady
03-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Kerry

sent you e-mail. did you get it yet?

I am trying one more time to send photos.

Wish me luck again

Michelle

ecc.oldlady
03-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Yey I did it.

That was Stuart and Crystal.

Here comes Royal Albert- blue turq
Royal Doultan- pidgeon blood(ish)
Porche- green laser
Lladro- twinkle spot

Ferrari and Wedgwood can't be seen in this photo.

Michelle

ecc.oldlady
03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Stuart on his own

ecc.oldlady
03-28-2004, 12:47 AM
crystal on her own

ecc.oldlady
03-28-2004, 12:49 AM
camera shy Lladro