PDA

View Full Version : Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

ozarowana
04-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Great looking setup Geoff. Is it solar room heating you are talking about? How does that work? Similar to hot water?

Multiclone
04-22-2004, 07:51 PM
The solar heating is similar to pool heating. No solar panels just black poly on the roof there are plenty of DIY ideas on the net.

Geoff

rickk
04-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey Geoff.

Great looking set up. Well Done.

Rick

April
04-22-2004, 10:32 PM
great pics and setup Geoff . a little birdie already told me you were aquiring those fish this weekend. : ) Just keep your eyes off of those alencers and scribbles and brown x rt. of Rodneys..their all slated for Canada. !!! all mine..all mine... Scribbles are my very favourite.

Multiclone
04-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks Rick. April.
April,
That little bird gets around.
I will check out your fish for you ;). I do think the climate in Canada is way tooooo cold for them.

Geoff

April
04-23-2004, 01:34 AM
oh..i have lots of heaters to keep my fishesi nice..and warm..
yeah check them out for me.. but dont get too close..and dont bring a net or bag..
watch him Rod..put Rusty in front of those scribbles.

ping
04-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow, nice hide out (fishroom) place Geoff ;D ;). Where is the TV and sofa ? ;D.

Regards,
Ronny

Multiclone
04-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Mmmmmm good idea Ronny must squeeze them in somewhere. It is an expanding monster out of control ( not that I mind of course :) ). It looks like the carport has to go as well.

April, I think I will wear a pair of waders and fill the legs with water and when Rod's not looking one fish here one fish there he will never know the difference.

Geoff

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:44 PM
ive just gone out and bought a huge pile of bags - dont worry Pril - no alencers for geoff - but he'll have plenty of fish for fishnapping. ;D

Kerry

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Ok - Ive been on holidays. Needed some time out from work - came home and fed my fish etc each day, but was really stressed with my heavy workload, so i went and booked into the Marriott in Surfers Paradise for 2 days. ;D

Only 5 mins from home - but like being on a tropical isalnd. The pool is salwater - filled with fish, trevally, blue damsels, all sorts of other beautiful saltwater fish. The fish just mingle in with the swimmers - its unbelieveable - got a reef and everything - set up like a beach.

Great stress relief - so Im back from my long journey - heres some pics.

Kerry :o

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:53 PM
:o

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:54 PM
8)

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:56 PM
:sun:

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Its just awesome - expensive - but who cares ???

yippy
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
theres heaps more fish in there - but i managed to snap a few. :D

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:00 PM
More :o

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Thats me standing on the reef - its all reef at one end. Thats a cave behind me - but it was pretty dark in there. :o

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:04 PM
My room was on the 24th floor - great view - even could see Geoffs - been keeping my eye on you Geoff ;)

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:05 PM
:)

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:06 PM
::)

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Thats Crown Towers that building circled - its pretty luxurious too - not as good as the Marriott tho :)

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:09 PM
8)

ping
04-23-2004, 09:09 PM
wow .... nice pictures :) .. .keep them coming ;D.

Ronny

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Theyre comin Pingko ;D

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:12 PM
:juggle:

yippy
04-23-2004, 09:19 PM
thats about where geoffs is in the circle.

This a view to Cronin Island - houses there start at only around $3million for a cheapy - very exclusive - oh well who needs Cronin island - I have the Marriott and Geoffs Im thinking of maybe living at the marriott 4 days a week and 3 days at my other home - Geoffs. :D

Thats all for now.

Kerry 8)

April
04-23-2004, 09:52 PM
well..you coulda invited me Kerry...
i wouldve been there in a flash.
lucky girl..
very nice indeed.
you coulda flown here almost..

yippy
04-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Sorry Pril - forgot all about you !!!!! And canada is too cold!!!!

Kerry :D

Rod
04-24-2004, 07:28 AM
WOW Kerry, looks like you enjoyed a well deserved rest 8)

You didn't get to see the swimming pool filter room?? I've heard some good things about it, sposed to have one hell of an ozone generator in it.

Multiclone
04-24-2004, 08:27 AM
It would need to with Kerry swimming in it. ;D ;D ;D.
Sorry couldn't resist it lol.

Geoff

yippy
04-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Rod, I was gonna go hunting about to have a look at filtration system, but just was enjoying the fish etc I didnt bother.

A mate of ours wants to go back another time soon and stay - so as i said bring Sue and the kids down and you can spend the day with us - we're gonna go back and stay on a Sunday just for 1 night, so drag yourelf away from GOLF for one day and come down. probably in 3 or 4 weeks - it was a bit more expensive this time as its a long weekend, the rooms jumped in price by $50.

Geoff, at least i can swim, id hate to see you floundering about in there, youd end up floating off into that cave screaming your lungs out - or we could hire you some floaties so you dont sink and tie an anchor on you to keep you from floundering off. :D

Kerry ::)

Rod
04-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Maybe i will kerry, actually i'll be on holidays around that time, we are flying up to Cairns to visit relo's for a few days. Let me know when you are going there again and you can sneak me into the pool ;D

Geoff...lol.

yippy
04-24-2004, 06:26 PM
No worries Rod - youll love it - send the kids to the slide pool and we can go lurking about the filtration system. :)

Geoff.. well... - I wouldnt want him there - be too worried he may drown. :)

kerry

Multiclone
04-24-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm reading all this a suitable reply will come later. This will do for a start :spank:

Geoff

yippy
04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Im ready and waiting - hey Geoff - aint you supposed to be somewhere??????

If you dont get a move on Ill go myself and fishnap :D

if i leave now - i can be there 50 mins (if i dont take the wrong turn off)

Kerry

Multiclone
04-24-2004, 06:55 PM
I am picking up another 3 4' tanks this morn and I am waiting till they open to see whether they have sent from their northside shop to their southside one, last week they didn't send the others I ordered. I was most peeved.
Just went out to check the new tanks I set up last night and guess what one of the new heaters doesn't work :furious:. Hey Rod have you any of those heaters left Kerry was talking about?

Geoff

xen
04-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Heh - I only just checked out this forum. Go the Aussie threads.. we're a quiet bunch, but by gum we can yammer with the best of 'em once we get going ;-)

I'm another Brisbanite. I have a 4'x18"x18" semiplanted tank I'm raising some juveniles in - my first discus experience.

So far I'm having a freaking ball with them. I'm doing 50% / day w/cs, and feeding them 6-8 times / day (1x BH mix, 1x LBW, the rest bloodworms).

I've got 8 discus all up - most came from Rod The Man. I have a RT, 2xBTs, a SS, WD, PB, RSG, and a RM. The RM and one of the BTs got hex on arrival, and are showing signs of stunting (these were the ones that didn't come from Rod). All of Rod's fish are freaking monsters.

More pics will be going up soon. W00t ;-)

Cheers!
John

April
04-24-2004, 10:50 PM
hi Xen. cool.. got them from the right person.
i also have his fishies..swimmin about in my tanks. : )
Kerry..and Rod..dont go without me. im gonna go get one of those duck life saver blow up thingies to put around my waist.
welcome to the aussie post. im the token non-aussie. they just humor me. ::)
actually my job description is to send all the aussies here . :thumbsup:
:wave:

yippy
04-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi xen, think ive seen you around qld cichlids - yeah - rods the man !!!!! I have a few of his - theyre great.

Kerry :)

Rod
04-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Hey John,

Good to see you finally found us all mate. Sounds like your really enjoying your discus and they are doing great guns for you. Post some pics soon, i'd love to see an update.

Multiclone
04-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Well the fish are home and tucked in and eating well I would take some pics but I left my camera at Rod's. Oh well a long drive back later to pick it up.
Sorry April about your fish the early bird gets the fish lol.
Kerry, forgot to pick up your filters. I will pick them up when I go back.
Rod sure has some huuuuuggggeee fish they were too big to fit in my waders :(.

Geoff

April
04-25-2004, 09:57 AM
haha..too bad Geoff..thats the way Rod..make your fishies too big to steal.
well..looks like Rod has a new camera .

yippy
04-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Trust you Geoff :blockhead: Bit forgetful of you :funny:

Im in no hurry for the filters but Im desperate need of Rods huge cobalt male - my female is DESPERATE!!!!!!!! So I may ring Seaworld and Ill go pick the "forgotten goods" up myself- they can put Mr Cobalt in one of those contraptions they use for moving dolphins. ???

Im going to Seaworld in the next week or 2 to swim with the sharks at the new Shark Bay - it was on TV last night - looks awesome. Go on Geoff, smart remark please......

LOL, Kerry 8)

yippy
04-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey Rod, We're going up the Marriott just for a bit of breaky and coffee this morning - the fish feeding is at 9.30 - i missed it while i was there - ill take some pics of the fish feeding and ill ask the guy where the filtration system is and get some pics for you. :)

Kerry 8)

Multiclone
04-25-2004, 05:27 PM
There are a number of lines like renaming it to Whale Bay, oh those poor sharks, watch out for harpoons but I would not be so rude as to use them. ;D ;D ;D

Geoff

Rod
04-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey Kerry,

Now i can't let Geoff take the total blame for leaving the filters behind, there they are just waiting to go to the gold coast but it wasn't till Geoff was half way home that i saw them :-\ Well thats only a half truth, it was actually Sue who said what are those filters still doing there??...the sound of something like typical males and you'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on ringing in my ears...whatever that means!! ;D

hey Geoff,

Glad to hear the discus arrived safe n sound :)

Rod

ari_wh
04-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Rod,

You are going to Cairns?? When? Scott is dying for us to go to Cairns at the moment. Maybe we should meet up.... and have a few beer? Let me know when you go and I will see whether we can catch up then :). Or if your trip is strictly family, I will understand too....

Regards, Ari :)

Rod
04-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi Ari :)

We are going to Cairns on the 19th may for a few days. I'd love to catch up with you and Scott if you can possibly make it. We have not got any firm plans yet other than we are going, so if you can go we will definately organize something. I'll give you a ring soon anyway, been a while since we have caught up.

Rod

yippy
04-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Could always name it "Dense Bay" and make it into a treasure hunt thing - like looking for lost cameras and filters and such....... :P

LOL Kerry

No probs Rod, no rush on the filters - ill come up soon anyway and look at your puter and "stuff" anyways. :) You know, the stuff in the fishroom - cobalty lookin stuff

Serpae
04-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Anyone care to fill me in on what has everyone been up to these days, one page would be a nice readable size..................................since it would take me another year or so to read all the last postings. :o :o :o :o

Multiclone
04-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Ok, Ok, enoughs enough you know what we are like put a fish in front of us and all comon sense vanishes.
Kerry I have your filters. I also have 3 spare 4' tanks ;).

Geoff

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:35 PM
No probs geoff - theres no rush on the filters - i only got them as they were the last ones - cant buy them down here. Heres some more fish pics i got from the Marriott. This was at feeding time.

OK pool info:

1.7 million litres
Ozone filtration
Pumps 260 litres per second - so pool is completely filtered every 2 hours
Water is pumped from river behind the hotel
Takes 3 guys 30-40 hours per week for maintenance
Ozone filter costs $500,00 per year to run :o

kerry :)

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:38 PM
heaps of kids in there this morning - you can hand feed the fish - Rod, when are you due for holidays? We are going back to stay, but will fit in with you - so the kids can swim with the fish etc - only hotel guests allowed so let me know - 3 or 4 weeks maybe????

kerry

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:40 PM
cant remember the names of these - Ben, the fish carer told me but i forgot ???

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:41 PM
:o

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:42 PM
8)

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:43 PM
The shutter speed on my cam is too quick - the fish were darting about so some may look distorted. ???

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:45 PM
:D

yippy
04-25-2004, 11:48 PM
This is another cave - the kids waterslide pool is on the side of the lagoon and goes over this cave.

Thats it - think ill move in for good. ;D

Now Surpae, you will just have to pop back more often :spank: - but thats what ive been up to!!!!

Kerry

Rod
04-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Very cool pics Kerry, looks like a great place to stay for a relaxing holiday. Fish pics aren't too bad, i can recognize a few of them.

yippy
04-26-2004, 02:58 AM
Yeah - its VERY cool Rod, just let us know when your able to come down - we're in no rush to get back there - my girlfriends hairdressing salon is in there so im up there bit anyway - I actually went into the salon to say hi when we stayed there only to be told "shes down in the Lobby Bar" lol - but its still nice to stay for a night or 2 - feels like youre in another part of the country. Plus you dont have to worry about getting someone in too feed our fish etc - its only 5 mins up the road, so just pop home and feed!!!!

The huge spawn are here chomping away on some live brine shrimp - not BBS - the big fish stuff !!!!! Goin good the little buggers.

Kerry

jamesmcsyd
04-26-2004, 03:07 AM
hello all.

Well, i haven't posted in awhile, and I see there has been some changes to the site.
Anyway a couple of questions I hope you can help me out with.

1. Which is the best section to post a WTB? I'm in Sydney.
2. If this is the spot, i'm after a couple of youngsters (strain not important, only (potential) shape). Anywhere in Sydney is fine. Looking for a private dealer.

Cheers for now,

James

Mattzilla
04-26-2004, 03:09 AM
james, where in sydney are you located???

matt

yippy
04-26-2004, 04:30 AM
Rods the man to talk to - he'll send to Sydney - Ill give him a holler for you.

Hows things matt, have a few over the weekend or work???? ??? Clubs were real busy here.

Kerry

Mattzilla
04-26-2004, 05:37 AM
hi kez....

had a huge weekend. it was my birthday yesterday so i was on the drink all day!!

we went to two up and won a bit of cash then went to some friends' house for a huge party....it was excellent.

i am as seedy as hell today but it was worth it. i would do it again tomorrow in a second.

i got a meat grinder for my birthday to make making discus food a little easier!!! woo hoo

cheers

matt

ecc.oldlady
04-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi all

I'm back from Malaysia and finally recovered from lack of sleep, and catching the flu, too much drinking and late nights, but the shopping will take a little longer to get over.

Very sad existance we live in when you can get excited over a mincer for a birthday present Matt, (but I am jealous :funny:)

Now that I am back I have a bigger problem.

My babies are getting bigger every day, and my accountant hubby is not too happy about a request for a new tank to grow out the babies in. (especially after the 7 pairs of shoes, and 5 handbags I had to buy in Kuala Lumpur, not to mention all the polo shirts for him, all the dvd's, game boy games, computer games for the kids, then there was the new suitcase to bring it home in......)
I can't understand why he is being so unreasonable, I put it on credit card so we don't have to pay for it!!! ;D ;D ;D

I have 36 babies still remaining in case your interested Geoff, 1 has a float bladder problem, can't cull him yet, the kids have given him a name...sleepy..as in the 7 dwarfs, and you can't cull one of the 7 dwarfs can you?

All are still clear in colour showing no signs of peppering yet. They are starting to show the red eye colour, and a peachy orange colour on the outer edgeof their fins only.

Very exciting to see how much they grew, and survived with my husband looking after them. He only lost 1 baby, but for some reason my first discus, my pidgeon blood called Doultan :'( :'( :'(passed away with no obvious(to Brad) reason.

Time to catch up with photos later.

Michelle

Multiclone
04-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Happy birthday Matt. Only a discus person could appreciate a mincer I too am jealous. I use a crappy old thing that breaks my wrists fingers ect.

Good to see you survived the trip Michelle did you visit any of the discus breeders over there?

Geoff

ecc.oldlady
04-26-2004, 08:58 AM
No time to visit discus farms, ....SHOPPING.....
traffic was too scary to even think about asking my friend to drive there any way. She has been there 2 years and only just plucked up the courage to drive in last 6 months, she taxied everywhere before that.
Next visit I will hire a driver for the day maybe. I am regretful I missed out this time.

I have to maybe venture out to local celebrity 8)discus "farmers", as a runners up prize. Easier to drive the ute and carry bags. ;D

Michelle

yippy
04-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Sounds like we've all been having a great time!!!!

Ive been on vacation 5 minutes from home

Matts been into his true passion BEER - and got a mincer

Geoffs got new fish and more tanks

Michelles been on holiday too!!! (just buy tank Michelle)

Happy Birthday Matt, did you have a good time (that you remember?)

Dont worry Geoff, someone may buy you a great mincer - in trade for just one fish!!!

Serpae
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Sounds like I will have to have a birthday, go on holidays to buy myself a mincer, do a bit of duty free shopping, pick up some nice discus, and a couple more tanks to keep them all in.................................HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND HAPPY HONICKA...............hehehehehehe :lickin:

ping
04-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Happy Birthday Matt ... :)
Did you get any new discus ? If not, it's never too late. Call Rod ;D ;).

April
04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
ok..well.. all the aussies are resurfacing.
hi serpae!!
hi james.
and welcome back to oz..ecolady..
not that im there..im here. lol.

great pics kerry. cool

Mattzilla
04-26-2004, 09:30 PM
no i didn't get any new discus ping... i don't really have any where to put them.

but as soon as i get some more tanks...there will DEFINATELY be new discus.

i got my parents in law to be to get me the meat grinder for my birthday and they are still giving me heaps about it. lol they think i am sick in the head....maybe i am a little

matt

xen
04-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Heya Matt,

A belated happy birthday to you ;-)

I told my girlfriend about your special birthday present. She thought it was hilarious. Although I think she's secretly relieved that my discus obsession hasn't yet led to me grinding up dead stuff in the kitchen ;D

Cheers!
John

Mattzilla
04-26-2004, 10:31 PM
lol

give it time mate and you'll end up doing it...lol

ecc.oldlady
04-26-2004, 10:34 PM
seriously Matt.

What are the benefits of making your own, cost, freshness, or control of ingrediants???

I buy frozen discus dinner.

Michelle

Mattzilla
04-26-2004, 11:42 PM
all of the above...

most of all i know exactly what is going into their diet so that i know all their dietry needs are being met. i know that all ingredients are fresh and that there is as close to no fat as possible, and i can vary their diet if need be.

i used to buy frozen beefheart or discus dinners...but now that i make my own my fish are healthier, grow faster and show so much more colour. i will never buy pre made frozen beefheart mixes again. it doesn't take that long to make your own (especially if you have a meat grinder...lol) and it costs bugger all. making your own you can add vitamins, medications and things like that so that your fish get what they need when they need it.

definately works for me.

give it a go and i'm sure you won't regret it. it took me a couple of goes at making it before i was really happy with the end result. it's all about trial and error. if you like i can send you a list of the ingredients i use. i researched the topic for quiet a while so i feel i have a very good recipe, and i am more than happy to share it with anyone...it's ne secret

cheers
hth
matt

jamesmcsyd
04-27-2004, 02:18 AM
Gday again.

Yes, i'm located slap bang in the middle of Sydney. Kings X area. I do make it a rule though to view myself before I buy. I'm not too keen on the shipping thing.
Hi April. I'm back again after about a 6 month lay-off. Damn illness got the better of me.

James

xen
04-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Heya James,

Aw man - how's the Cross these days? I hear it's been 'cleaned up' a lot..

I lived around there for about 5 years - until just before the Olymics. Awesome place to live back then. Makes it damned hard when you come back to Brisbane and everything's shut at 10pm :-(

It's funny.. the Cross has a bad reputation, but the only trouble I ever had there would be on Friday / Saturday nights when the suburban cowboys would come in for a big night in the bad old cross. The residents were generally pretty laid back. Plus there's this great sense of community.

I've been wary of shipping fish, too. That said, I can't recommend Rod Lewis' discus enough. I've also read enough people raving about how good his packing is, that I reckon regardless of where I end up in Australia, I'll still be buying my discus from Rod. Just my recently-revalued 2c worth.

Cheers!
John

Rod
04-27-2004, 04:29 AM
Hi Matt,

Happy b'day mate, a meat grinder sounds like a pretty darn good present to get ...lol. Think i'll add it to my wannaget xmas list this year and retire my food processor.

Hi James,

If your the look before you buy discus keeper then perhaps you could check out slippery little suckers in Sydney, i know George fairly well and from what i've been hearing he gets some pretty good discus in. If your ever in QLD drop by for a visit and you can handpick some of my discus for yourself. Shipping really is not a drama, total transport time is only 6 hours or so and i gaurentee live arrival and great quality.

To everyone,

Currently i'm negotiating a new shipment from none other than Roy Khoo (zoids) in Singapore. www.discusconnexion.com He is an exceptional breeder who uses no hormones or anything fancy to make his discus appear like quality and he does not outsource his discus for resale so he can gaurentee the health of his fish. I've been friends with Roy for a couple of years now and we have even visited each others fish rooms. There is no doubt you will be amazed at the quality and the shape of his discus. Anyone who is interested in seeing them first hand i'm hopeing to have them in the coming weeks.

Rod

April
04-27-2004, 10:29 AM
hi james. im so glad the disease got you again..welcome back.
I tell you..i have Rods fish in my tanks. and shipping..heck..mine were about 40 hours and they came out swimming and upright right away. and..they are the best fish i ever got.
Rod so glad your finally getting Roys fish. you will love them to bits. of course you got to see his room yourself . I also have Roys fish in my tanks . need more. ;D
I have the hand grinder type..but i do use the processor lately..that was until l bliew it up last go...lol. i tried ground turkey..and it was kinda dry ..and gooey..and all of a sudden..smoke!!! so..when this batch runs out..i will be exploring my options again. lol. new food processor..or back to the hand grinder. hmmmm.

Mattzilla
04-27-2004, 11:28 AM
hey rod...slippery little suckers do have some very high quality fish. out of all the lfs in sydney they probably have the best quality and variety. but to be honest i think they can also be a little too expensive with some of the rarer strains. not ridiculously priced...just a little expensive. but i guess you get what you pay for these days.

rickk
04-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey James,

Rod is one of the good guys, Knows his Fish and is honest to boot, Thats why so many recomend him, I have seen his fish room a number of times and he helped me get started in Discus, If you want Quality Discus you can't go past Rod

Rick

jamesmcsyd
04-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

First of all to Xen. Well, Kings X is a changing place. Alot of wealthier people have moved in, pushing the prices up. Since Sydney city council took over, alot of cleaning has taken place and new pavements etc have been put in. Looks good. The biggest improvement for me though (and I know for some people it's a little contentious) is the implementation of the heroin/drug injecting room. It has virtually eliminated the syringes that once lined every street, and no more overdosed people. It's really had a big impact on the streetscape. That said, the drug/prostitution situation is still the same, but seems more manageable at present. It's a great place to live though. I'd say there is less trouble now. High police presence. You are right about the suburban lads coming in being the ones making waves.

Anyway, onto discus. Thanks Rod, i'll check things out. Was great to get the feedback from the others too.
Used to live in Burliegh heads for awhile. Was a great place to live. Worked at Tweed heads.Eventually plan to move back up there. How does Morton island sound?

Cheers for now,

James

jamesmcsyd
04-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Oops! I meant Stradbroke island!

james

April
04-28-2004, 12:05 AM
yeppers..move to stradbroke island!! great place.!!!
ok.. i havent been there. lol. but ive heard about it..and seen pics. ;D

ecc.oldlady
04-28-2004, 02:15 AM
LOooove Straddie!!! No fish shop there though.

Matt

do you make a big batch then freeze the mix or make it up every day, or once a week?

Michelle

Mattzilla
04-28-2004, 02:25 AM
i make a bacth that lasts about two months i guess... then freeze it in flattened sheets. that way i only cut up the sheets as i need them and i don't have to muck around a lot making it.

i buy one beefheart and then add everything else i want to add to it. it makes about 4 frozen sheets.

you are best off doing it this way cause then you don't make too much or two little. but remember that i onoly have one tank and 7 discus so i don't need a lot. if you have more tanks and more discus then of course you would make more at one time

matt

yippy
04-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Pril, you have been to Straddie - remember we anchored you off - away from Rods - on your raft???

April
04-28-2004, 05:08 AM
yes Kerry i remember well. it was either straddy or..new guinea. i was a bit ascared..i was on my way to new guinea. lol.

Rod
04-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Bloody currents hey april!!

Multiclone
04-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Hi Rod,
Can Tricho be added for flukes with fry still feeding off the female. I noticed some flicking on the SS today. They have been eating BBS now for a few days and would be ok away from the parent.

Thanks
Geoff

Rod
04-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Hi Geoff,

I wouldn't add any with the fry still there. Move them out and treat the parents in a few day if they are still showing symptoms.

Multiclone
04-28-2004, 05:57 AM
It's the fry that are flicking.

yippy
04-28-2004, 06:20 AM
Cant wait to get up there and ogle those new fishies of yours on Sunday Geoff. ;) (BAGS)

Yeah Rod, those currents couldve whisked Pril all the way up the Sepik River :D

Kerry

HEY!!!!! Who's everyone rootin' for in Aussie Idol - Im goin for the bad boy - Kayne - I reckon he will win for sure.

Who you going for Pril?

Multiclone
04-28-2004, 07:04 AM
I have managed to take a couple of pics of the new arrivals without too much drama.

Multiclone
04-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Another

Multiclone
04-28-2004, 07:07 AM
Mandarin Passion

Multiclone
04-28-2004, 07:14 AM
When they are more settled I will post some more. If anyone wonders what kind of filters are in the tanks I had to cut up some of my prefilter material from the sump. I do not have filters at all in tanks. This way I have bio bacteria in the quarrentine tanks, they are working fine.

Geoff

April
04-28-2004, 11:00 AM
well..give me the list and i will tell you who i will "cheer" for. only us canucks can root for someone..you guys have to cheer. especially you kerry. lol.
i think this section needs to be moderated..kerry is talking bout some funny stuff..
good thing theres a crazy old canuck moderator here to check up on you all.
Geoff..your fish look great. lucky you. Rod..you did good with getting those fish fat and happy and healthy. but i had no doubts.

yippy
04-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Sorry, i meant the Popstar contest - and we say Rootin' here too Pril. :P

OK - im CHEERING for Kayne :bounce:

Heres the website pick a singer Pril. ::) you can listen to them too. Kaynes the best tho.

http://www.popstars.com.au/finalist_kayne.aspx#

jamesmcsyd
04-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Well I went down to slippery yesterday, and to be honest, I was quite impressed, considering the last time when I went down there (when it was first opened) it was pretty grim. Spoke to a bloke called Keven. He was a nice, and said his uncle in Penang handpicked most of their fish. I have to say, they had some impressive A class fish. As you said, probably a little over-priced, particularly the adults, but not too bad really. I picked up a nice young leopard.
He guarenteed me that they prazi all their fish.

Every now and then, Barry, at B&C at Maroubra, gets some nice stock in. He says he is getting some out of quarentine in 2 weeks. The only other retail business I am impressed with is Trans down at Canley Vale. Some great stock, although the last fewe shipments were a little overpriced for my liking. What I like about them is that they are willing to do a fair deal. They also said their latest will be ready in 1-2 weeks. They had a special on the 300g Tetrabits for $20, which I thought wasn't bad at all.

Yours in discus, James

xen
04-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Heya Kerry,

I'm afraid I'm rooting for the fast and quiet death of reality TV more than anything else.

I mean I drew a line at "Who wants to marry my Dad?"

Bring back something with a script, I say. And production values ;-)

Cheers!
John

yippy
04-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah John, these reality shows are getting too much - i only usually watch the Popstars & Idol things at the end when theyre down to the last few.

BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Brother starts again on Sunday - that show is BAAAAAAAD !!!

Although we are lucky in Oz - dont have anything like Jerry Springer in Chicago - god - that show is worse than Big Brother :puke:

Where abouts in Brissie are you John? Might have to pop in for a beer next time Im at Rods "looking" at his fish. ;)

Kerry

ozarowana
04-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Nice fish Geoff... looks like I will have to pop into Rods and "look" at his fish aswell. ;D

Got to get off my butt and set up the spare tank.

yippy
04-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Dont forget to take bags to Rods ;D

Rod
04-29-2004, 05:01 AM
Hi Geoff,

Bit hard to treat very young discus if they are flicking from flukes at that age, fry can be a sensitive to meds and prob won't do well from it. I'd remove them anyway and see how things go though. But if it is flukes then i would definately treat the parents over the next few weeks even thouigh they aren't showing signs of it, it is them that has given the flukes to the babies. Treat them with 100mg triclorfon per 125 liters of water, 3 doses a week apart. The spawn after the treatment should be much better.

Fish look good mate, passions look like they are down a bit on color but otherwise seem to be settling fine.

Rod
04-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi James,

Congrats on your new leopard, post a pic if you can, i'd love to see him.

Rod
04-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Hey John,

I'm with you mate with regards to those reality shows :puke:

Give me a documentary any day!

xen
04-29-2004, 05:10 AM
Hallo James,

Ah, sounds a lot like the Cross I knew and loved. How I miss her.

Personally I complete agree about the injecting room. I didn't know anyone living in the area who thought it was a bad idea. Both my girlfriend and myself have had to step over unconscious heroin addicts to get in and out of our respective abodes down there.

My only problem with the injecting room is that they set it up in what used to be an arcade that had quite a few pinball machines. I'm a big fan of the real, physical pinball machine ;-)

Oh, and Kerry, you're more than welcome to come have a look at my tanks. I'm in Norman Park (near Coorparoo). Very close to the city. Send me a message or email or whatever when you think you'd be keen. It'd be lovely to meet you ;-)

Cheers!
John

yippy
04-29-2004, 06:34 AM
can you believe Ive never been to the Cross :o i was born on the Gold Coast - been to Sydney ONCE - LOL

id love to go just for a look tho 8) be nice steppin over all those "sleepyheads" - poor lost souls i guess ???

Hey Pril, read the Popstar page?? heres Kaynes motto in life:

Motto you live by:
Go hard or Go home :D

ari_wh
04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Wow... been working for 2 days and this thread has grown....lol. Yes, I am back to work in the Alcan's drawing office for 2 days a week. I thought I would get my brain working again.... as it was almost frozen... not working for so long. I have a nice lady looking after Ella while I am working as she is too young to go to day care, I think. I still feel guilty going to work though....

It is good to work again.... my break from parenthood. Who would've thought it would be so tiring....lol.

Geoff,
Wow.... nice whites and mandarin passion. I might have to get some :(.

Rod,
Are you still going to Cairns on the 19th?? We might be able to make it that weekend (21-24), so keep us posted with your plan. Can you bring us some fishie...... ;D ;D.

April,
Are you taking all Aussie fishie again??? Pity, I am not there anymore to stop you!!! >:( LOL.

p.s. Ella is doing very well... She is standing up now (almost)... well, she is still holding on most of the time, but just recently she lets go for 20 secs or so..... I don't think I am ready for this walking thing!!! YIKES!! :o :o

yippy
04-29-2004, 08:16 AM
hi Ari, you must post pics of little Ella soon - we havent seen her for a while - you and Scott and Ella should try and make it down here for the weekend of the 30th May - Rod and Sue and the kids are coming down to the Marriott here in Surfers - im staying there again for a night - and theyre coming down for a day to swim in the lagoon and check out the filtration system in the lagoon pool ::) but its too far for Pril to come - you guys are alot closer.

John, if you draw me a VERY detailed map - I may find your place - ask Rod- I get lost every time, one time i had to go Rods house but I ended up at Wet Petz at 7pm at night by accident, then next time i had to go to Wet Petz but ended up near Rods house ??? darn freeways, i always take the wrong turn off - but the nice lady on the Gateway Bridge helped me find my back to Old Cleveland Road, just go back about 20 kms south and its the second turn off on the left!!! Im useless in Brissie.

Kerry ;)

ecc.oldlady
04-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Geoff

I know your out there. I see your online.

Michelle

Multiclone
04-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Aaahhhh those wild days eeerrrr make it nights in the Cross during my army days (1969) I was 17 at the time, and that's all I am saying ;) ;D

Geoff

Multiclone
04-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Ohhhhh nooooooo caught again lol

ecc.oldlady
04-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Geoff

I need urgent help.

My display tank is sick, and now I have lost 4 babies today.

could they be a cross contamination.

1 has white spot, 1 torn tail, 1 fins clamped shut, 1 just plain black and sulking, 1 scrawny and bony looking all in display tank.
Gave tank severe clean out and 70% water change on Monday. Scrubbed driftwood. suspect over feeding while I was away as the algae had gone biserk.
done 3 days of Multi-cure, and just redosed tonight, and 3 days of that metro whatsy stuff.

Most seem to be recovering.

Babies tank I use the same siphon. :'( Done 3 water changes today, The ph has dropped from 6.5 to 6.8 since I was in control so I have been trying to increase .1 per day. Would that kill them? 2 or 3 seem to have white trailing poops, could it be parasite? down to the bottom of the food container could the old stuff be off maybe? all frozen but have had blackout problems recent.

Any suggestions as I hear I cant medicate babies ??? ???

Michelle

By the way I was 3 in 1969!!!

kevkoi
04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
Rod, trichlorofon can be a nasty drug to use on young fish... I find that Praziquantel for flukes works much better and is gentler on the fish.

Here's an article on Koivet by Dr Erik Johnson (vet) on prazi as drug of choice for flukes over "Fluke Tablets" (usually trichlrofon based).

http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/articles_results.php?article_id=198&category=13&se arch_term=praziquantel

------------------------------------
Hey Rod, Mal and Winnie are coming down to rendevous with Geroge and I here in Sydney soon.... U coming down with 'em as well? We've got some Discus books on order for you I believe. I should be receiving them in the next few days. ;)

Multiclone
04-29-2004, 10:12 AM
This may be one for Rod.
Have you tested your water for ammonia etc. If it was overfeeding bacteria and possibly a secondary fungus infection may be a problem. You have done the right thing with the water changes keep them up. I presume you meant the ph dropped from 6.8 to 6.5 this in itself shouldn't be a problem. The increased algae to indicates an increase in nutrients you now have this in control. Salt and melafix should help.
Feel free to come in Rod.
Geoff

Rod
04-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Good advice Geoff, i will add that if there is trailing poos on the young ones then i would increase the temp to 32c and treat them with metro daily at 100mg per 20 liters until the poos are normal looking again. Michelle you can ring me at work on 38231866 or home on 38903108 if you want more urgent help.

Rod
04-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi Kev,

Thanks for the link to that article, while i don't tottally agree with it i found it interesting and informative. When bayer's 10 year copyrights to prazi were nearly up there was a mad rush for manufacturers to test it out and market thier own prazi treatments, i was involved in an importing room and i was a well known discus breeder at the time so i was given 1 kg of the pure powder to test on my imported fish and in my fish room at home and record the amounts used and the results along with several other people here in Brissy. While i found prazi brilliant at removing tapeworms i found it could not tottally eradicate flukes, i verified this through microscopic examination during and several weeks after treatment. It definately works to kill the live flukes ( as does triclorfon) and offer relief to the fish but does not kill eggs which will rehatch and could become an infestation again if the fish' immune system is not strong. IMO there is not a tottally effective treatment for flukes known to us fish keepers yet. I prefer triclorfon because of cost and while a lot of people think it is harsh on the fish i have not found that to be the case except in the case of very tiny fry. Once they are 4 weeks old and otherwise strong then triclorfon is quite safe to use.

No, don't think i will be joining mal and winnie for the sydney trip, i'll be in the shop looking after the fish. Next trip i make down that way we'll organize something and come and pay you guys a visit.

Rod :)

ecc.oldlady
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys

no more deaths so far today

Michelle

Multiclone
04-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi Rod & Michelle,
Rod I agree with you about the Tricho I have been using it for months now without any harsh effects on our fish. With the Prazi I bought 200 grams of the stuff and what I didn't like about it was the bacterial bloom that always went with the treatment. What I have done is add the prazi to their food 1 gram - 112 grams (4 ozs) of BH.
On my own observation I have noticed the greatest danger time for fry is during the 4-8 week period. This is the time that they are beginning to eat solid foods and moving away from BBS. We have had drummmed into us so often not to underfeed fry because of stunting etc so we tend to overfeed ( well I do anyway). This extra food adds to the bio load of the water thus increases bacteria, fungus etc. IMO I am beginning to believe all internal bacterial problems are ingested from decaying food. I do not mean over feeding here either. Overfeeding obviously makes the problem a lot worse. Being fry they eat first and ask questions later they don't care what they throw down their mouths. Eve's fry are going through this stage at the moment and with 210 fry in a 4' tank ( I am going to spilt them in 1/2 today). They also tend to eat their own poo up to the 8 week period then they begin to be more selective with what they eat. So, one gets Hex others eat it's poo and others get it, it is as simple as that, next minute we have an epidemic, I treat all fry with Metronidazole whether they need it or not. I have always said to clean out tanks with fry before EVERY feed. Even doing this it is impossible to remove all waste but at least it reduces the odds. Then we have the disolved solids to deal with. During this period it is a constant battle for cleanliness. I would advise anyone with fry to run a uv for 24/7 for the first 3 months. Work out what size uv you need for the size tank you have then buy the next one up. I am very seriously thinking of splitting our system in 3. (a) Breeding, (b) Fry growth, (c) Grow on.

Geoff

ari_wh
04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Kerry,
It is very hard now to take photos of Ella. Everytime I take my camera out, she will crawl towards me... She drives me mad!!! LOL. I will try to take more as we are going camping this weekend. This will be interesting!! We won't make it on the 30th, Kerry.... We are going to Indonesia on 4th June so... that is our big trip for the year....

Rod,
We are definitely going to Cairns now... We are meeting Bruce and Tracey (you know... Scott's cousin and his wife, if you remember them) and Scott's sister and her partner.... I might try to give you a call sometime.... It would be very good if we can catch up too..... because unless Scott is getting some sort of training trip to Brisbane, we won't be going till January next year now.....!!! I think our trip to Indonesia in June will clean us out for the year ;D ;D. By then, Ella will be a big girl!!

yippy
04-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Sounds like little Ella has grown heaps Ari - pity you cant make it down here - maybe Ill get up there for a week before the end of the year or something - its my old "stomping ground" after all. I do miss the lifestyle up there - and now summer is going, Id be able to bear it.

say hi to Scott, Im thinking thinking thinking now....lol

I may just come after all - after July - end of financial year etc - im starting another company - so maybe i can squeeze a trip in around September or something 8)

Kerry

scottwheels
04-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi Kerry - Scott here. I was browsing simply at lunch time (have to take extended lunch breaks these days) and I though I'd reply and say you're more than welcome to visit. September is jest before the build-up, and still quite pleasant outside. It's still change-over weather right now, still rain about but the wind has changed around to the south-east and the lawns are starting to dry out.

Unfortunately we lost one of our white swans, the smaller of the two succumbed to hex and never bounced back... :'(. Our RSGxSS are doing well, showing lots of spots and a blood red eye. Still no room for fry so no more babies, just lots of spawns...not the best live food though! We are going to enclose our carport and make that the fishroom, but one project at a time I think. Our garden is finally showing the results of several months of hard labour. Ari can post some pics later... Ari???

See you in Cairns Rod - It's a spur of the moment trip. You only live once, right?

Cheers,

Scott

yippy
04-29-2004, 11:53 PM
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FRIDGE IS BACK !!!!!

yeah Scott, i reckon ill pop up around september, i really want to catch up with my old buddies in Karumba too - so ill start planning. i could probly get a lift by trawler to Gove from karumba - ill call karumba the guys and see if anyones planning on a fishing trip to Gove around then.

Kerry 8)

April
04-30-2004, 02:38 AM
heh Ari and scott. aka the fridge..nice to see you both post. you aussies must be sittin aroud the old igloos..all of a sudden everyone is resurfacing. too cold to go outside?? brrrrrr.
heh i think we need an updated pic of little Ella standing. so..take one..and post it. then i can see my niece. ;D 8)
Kerry..save some money for xmas..but yeah..go see them. and take pics for me. and..if your going..take scott some nice fishies. he apparently needs a few more whites. geez Scott...its always the way isnt it. the ones you want so bad..you lose. i remember how badly you wanted those whites.

Rod
04-30-2004, 04:46 AM
Hi Scott and Ari,

Well i can't wait to catch up with you guys again, send me the hotel you are staying in and i will book the family for a night there. Maybe a drink or 2?? hehehehe.

Rod

yippy
04-30-2004, 05:14 AM
hey Scott, better make sure the hotel isnt near golf course or youll be wasting your loot :D

Kerry

xen
04-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Hallo Aussies (and token Canadians :-) ),

I took another crapload of piccies of my juveniles, another month on. I'll be putting some of these up on the Photo forum later, but this link has them all, and much less jpeg compression.

http://community.webshots.com/album/138846105XdeOka

Hope you enjoy them - any comments appreciated!

For those wondering, most of these (the biggest, fattest, happiest ones) came from Rod "the man" Lewis.

Cheers ;-)
John

Multiclone
04-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Great photos John :thumbsup:.

Geoff

jamesmcsyd
04-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately I have no digital camera, so a pic is out for the time-being. But, i can do shot with my old camera and scan the pic.

Rod, i'd be interested to know your price list etc. Do you have a list or do I just email you with requests? How do you do it? Cheers for that.

I have to concur with you re: prazi and trichlorofon. I actually find the latter to be quite effective. I too have done some microscopic investigations, and as, yet, I don't know of anything that will kill fluke eggs. In addtion, I also find it very hard to completely eradicate flukes, even from multiple treatments. I have the firm belief that people THINK they have gotton rid of them, when in actually fact, they haven't. it's just better managed by w/c's and an overall healthy environment.

One thing that seems to have worked for me, and can be done with a planted tank, is to just take out your fish, do multiple treatments in a hospital/QT tank, and in the infected tank, just raise the temp to about 36 degrees for 5 days, then back to 30 for another 7 days. The plants, in my case, survived without problems, but the process just completed burnt out the life cycle of the remaining flukes.

James

Rod
05-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi James,

I'll be doing up a new pricelist later this week as i have a new shipment arriving on Tuesday, once i have this sorted i will get back to you.

Rod
05-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Here's a few pics of the discus i am receiving from discusconnexion, i got Roy to take some pics for me of the actual fish he is sending.

First one is blue diamond, what i like about all of roys fish is the shape. Roy breeds his discus a little differently from most asian breeders as he believes like i do that shape is the number 1 quality in a discus. Off course color is important as well but if it does not have the right shape then it is not a good discus regardless of how good the colors are. Every discus has a beautiful deep body form and smoothly blended finnage, not a dorsal fin that looks like it has been haphazardly placed on the body.

Rod
05-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Next one is red melon

Rod
05-02-2004, 05:45 PM
some more red melon, and there are also some golden cross red melon in here as well. Golden discus are crossbred with melon discus to make the red color softer and gives the discus a slightly different base color. It also helps to remove the black dust that the pb gene gives to the melon.

Rod
05-02-2004, 05:48 PM
These are rose red and golden PB.

Rod
05-02-2004, 05:49 PM
more rose red and golden pb

Rod
05-02-2004, 05:55 PM
last one is fineline snakeskin, they are the ones with the 14 bar pattern.

ping
05-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi Rod,

Hmmmm Melons , hmmmmm BDs .... ;D Very nice pictures :)
Nice shape too :)

Are you getting the Golden cross Melon too ?

What are the sizes of the BDs and Melons ? Another pressure for me to get them in my tanks ;D ;)

Hey Kerry, get some ;)

Regards,
Ronny

yippy
05-02-2004, 08:04 PM
i can feel another BD coming on..............................

ROD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spank: You know how easily my rubber arm can be twisted >:(

kerry

kevkoi
05-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Rod, some EXCELLENT shaped blue diamonds.... not often that you see a tank full of perfectly shaped ones. High fin and High body. Certainly agree that when buying young discus, shape of the fish is MOST important.... Colour will come later.

The Singaporeans have a hold on the better quality blue diamonds IMO and Roy Khoo is certainly one of them.

kudos Rod.... nice nice.

kev

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 01:51 AM
wow...i didn't have access to my pc for only a few days and there are pages added to this thread. good to see you here kevkoi....

rod those fish look fantastic!!! especially the red melons.

all is well, i spent the weekend with a few mates "researching" pubs for my upcoming bucks weekend. an awesome weekend....but god i was hung over yesterday. i even muttered the words' i'm never drinking again'...and we all know that is not true!!!!

my red scorpian ss is growing reeeeealllly well at the moment as is starting to show some awesome colours. i'll take some pictures soon

speak to you all later

matt

April
05-03-2004, 02:25 AM
great pics of some great fish. so glad you are getting roys fish. hes a great guy and has great fish. i have a few swimming in my tank.
i need to get more. Im lucky to have Jason here in Canada to supply me.
so..your all safe. i wont be emptying those fish outa Rods fishroom. all there just for you lucky Aussies.
but........ Rods fish....can still become Canadian citizens. :thumbsup:

yippy
05-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Ok Rod - you tormenter you - put my name on a BD :whip:

Rubber Arm >:(

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:52 AM
here are a couple of pics of my discus..... rod's pics are a very hard act to follow, but here goes...

first my red scorpian ss that is really going through a growth spurt!! it was very sick twice when it was young so it's a little stunted. but i really have a soft spot for this little guy

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:53 AM
same fish

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:54 AM
my white pink ius also starting to show some nice colour...another little favourite of mine

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:55 AM
the BIG GUY....just keeps on growing!!!!

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:56 AM
same fish

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:58 AM
a nice shot of one of my brown based....

not the best quality fish but it was one of the first ones i ever bought

it shows a lot more red than this picture shows

Mattzilla
05-03-2004, 02:59 AM
that's all folks... for now anyway

matt

Multiclone
05-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Nice Matt :thumbsup:

Geoff

yippy
05-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Matt, for someone who drinks a hell of alot of beer - you certainly have gorgeous looking fish ;D

theyre lovely.

Rod
05-03-2004, 04:48 AM
Thanks guys for all the nice comments, i'm very excited to receive these fish.

Rubber arms,

Ok i'll put a bd away for you, i bet you've already picked out the one you like too ;D

Ronny,

Yes i did get some golden x melons. I'll send you an email in the next few days with the info you are looking for.

Matt, great looking discus, i especially like your big guy, he's very clean , great color and nice shape. I'd gladly add him to my own collection.

Rod

yippy
05-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Well Rod, you know ill be first up there - so you know the rules - first in best dressed :D Gotta come up anyway and get the other ''goods". Will you have them on Sunday? We can have a viewing then maybe ???

Already got a name for it - ::)

Rubber Arm ;)

Multiclone
05-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Mmmmm a viewing would be nice Rod. ;)

Geoff

ari_wh
05-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Rod,
THEY ARE TOO NICE!!!!!!!! I would love some of those bd and melon x goldens!!!! Do you think you could bring them with you.....?? LOL.

Anyway, I will let you know where we will be staying very soon. Have to wait for Scott's brother to make up his mind....

ecc.oldlady
05-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Great looking fish Rod, but
not for me, FISH KILLER!!!!
Very sad weekend. :'(

I'm giving up discus :-\, not fair 2 steps foward, 1 back.

I've lost 16 babies so far. Now we are down to 1 a day at least, not 3-5 like in the beginning.
I am absolutely heartbroken to lose my babies after raising them this far,
I cant imagine what it is like to lose years of hard work and breeding stock like some that I have read.

Thanks for all the advise from Geoff, and Rod :). I have now got metro dissolved in the water from my discus guru at my LFS, rather than trying to feed it to them as the sick ones are not eating as eagerly so therefore were not getting the metro.

No fish loss today so lets hope it is a turning point.

On a positive? note may not need that new tank after all. :( :( :(

Michelle(FISH KILLER)

xen
05-04-2004, 02:17 AM
Heya Michelle,

Very sorry to hear about your babies. That's why I'm very hesitant to encourage discus breeding - I'm not sure I could deal with losing babies :'(

I hope the survivors continue to survive. Just think, they'll be tough little blighters ;-)

Cheers!
John

Rod
05-04-2004, 02:27 AM
That is sad to hear Michelle, i remember i lost my very first batch but through persistence i eventually got a good healthy spawn raised up. It does get easier as you become more experienced. Don't be so hard on yourself, i doubt there is a breeder on this board that has not lost many many fry.

April
05-04-2004, 02:42 AM
Michelle..if you want to hear someones stories of lost batches of fry..just ask me. ive lost many many batches. but each time you get a bit further and its a learning process. you will miss them if you give up..lots of ups and downs. you have to weigh if you love the ups enough to make up for the downs.
i thought about giving up ..a few times..till i asked myself if i could ever live without discus.
and of course..theres all us looney obsessed discus hobbyists..surely you cant do without all of us...
im sure theres people who will help you work it all out.
dont be so hard on yourself.

Multiclone
05-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Rod & April are right Michelle do not be too hard on yourself it is all a learning curve. Try not to look at the work you have done. Chin up and keep going.

Rod you have mail :P ;D see you Sunday.

Geoff

Multiclone
05-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Michelle this link might help.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=16348

rickk
05-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Michelle, It's tough to loose fry you have put your heart an soul into, its also very frustrating when you can't find out what the problem is, believe me I know, Ive been there and at times still am, but the rewards far exceed the disappointments. last night a pair of RM I breed and reared spawned for the first time in a grow out tank, It is a very exciting and rewarding event.

Half the fun is the learning process, although frustrating at times, Stick with it Michelle, the rewards will come.

Good Luck

Rick

yippy
05-05-2004, 05:44 AM
Michelle, ive beaten myself up over loss of fish - im still beating myself up over some :'( One in particular. :-\

I THINK i couldve helped - but it wasnt meant to be. As April said, its the ones we love most we lose - but look at this way - the ones we have left we have learned more - and most of the time it isnt our fault - but Im sorry for your loss - I know how you feel. Keep your chin up - we will go fishnappin at Rods ;D

Dont forget Geoff, pick me up!!!!!! Might even let you inside for a view of my tanks this time - and - you can check out Geoff the Venus Fly Trap!!!

Kerry

kenoz
05-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I've had my new breeding tank up and running for about a month now, but no appropriate activity from my proven BT pair. My son hit on a probably cause - the tank was adjacent to a community tank and the breeding pair was very interested in the going's-on in their previous tank.

Just browsing through the forums I read to place paper over the side of the tank so there is more privacy for the intended couple. Not sure if it will do the trick, but feeding times are a lot quieter now. My point is that there is so much info on this board for novices and masters alike. Michelle - we novices are in excellent company here!

Now, if I can spring for another tank, a couple of Rod's DB's (before Kerry snatches them all) and a few red melons would be ideal - somewhere in the house I'm sure.

Ken

ari_wh
05-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Kerry,
Make sure you leave some of those Rod's fish for the rest of us!!!!!

Rod,
Keep Kerry away from your fish and tie her hands to her back while she is there.... LOL. Anyway, we narrowed down our hotel selection, it is either The Lakes (near Cairns botanical garden) or Bayview village (near the city). What is your budget? The lakes is like a resort but a bit more pricey.
Hey, Rod.... what about bringing me a betta? Do you have a 'special' one at the moment???

yippy
05-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Ill only be taking ONE from Rods, one fishroom that is :D

Ari, get one of the Crowntail bettas if Rod has any left - i have some - theyre awesome :o get a few - ones not enough!

Kerry

mattrox
05-07-2004, 08:09 PM
there are some fantasic fish pix! I can't believe how much and how fast this thread grows.

Cheers
Matt

yippy
05-08-2004, 02:26 AM
I FINALLY GOT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent a few hours at Sublime Fish (ex fab Fish) and scored this little green terror (rivulatus) - he sooooooooo cute - I named him Brad after my buddy at Sublime Fish ;D

Kerry

yippy
05-08-2004, 02:32 AM
hes only about 2 inches - but showing good potential - ;D

here he is with Bruties kid.

kerry

Mattzilla
05-08-2004, 05:09 AM
very nice kez!!!!

i have Always liked green terrors

ping
05-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Nice Kerry :)

Ronny

ari_wh
05-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Rod,
Change of plans.... we might stay at Trinity beach instead..... On the beach is better than in the city, I think. It is about 15 mins, so not too far. We are renting a car anyway.... so no big deal there.... I am going to book today, it is called Sea Change Beachfront apartments. Although there are heaps of hotel and apartment at Trinity beach, so if you stay anywhere near it, it won't be too far to walk (I hope.....). I guess after a few drinks.... driving is out of the question.... LOL. We are getting a 3 bedroom apartment, so heaps of room...... Knowing Scott and Bruce, they will be drinking ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT!!!!!

I will try to give you a call tonight to confirm. Can't wait to go now..... planes are booked, just to have to book accomodation and also car, and we will be set :).

Kerry,
Why don't you come to Cairns too....?? It will be fun!

yippy
05-09-2004, 07:52 PM
What date are you going to be there Ari? Maybe I could come up if its a weekend - I know heaps of people in Cairns too - so it would be fun. I could leave here on a Thursday afternoon and come back Sunday....... ;D

kerry

ari_wh
05-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Kerry,
We are going on 21-24 May. Just for the weekend, as Scott could only take a few days off, since we are going to Indonesia in June. It will be a big weekend, as we are meeting Rod (hopefully) and Scott's family.... so a lot of alcohol!!!! LOL.

Rod,
All booked and confirmed.... Seachange Beachfronts Apartment at Trinity Beach.... I might try to call you sometimes before that. Yesterday was bad time... couldnot make it...

Proteus
05-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Rod... I am thinking I need some of those BD's in my tank, like yesterday...

yippy
05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Awww Ari, I have a friends 40th birthday on the 22nd May :'( otherwise i wouldve come up for sure. Ill come up to Gove later on in the year - got a lot of people to catch up with around that "neck of the woods".

Rodney, you be careful up there - all that drinking can affect your golf swing ;D

Kerry

Mattzilla
05-10-2004, 10:53 PM
hey nice to see you here proteus!!!!!!

i still need to come and see you fish...when is a good time for you???

cheers
matt

Proteus
05-10-2004, 11:07 PM
actually I am thinking next week should be ok...

busy this week, and working the weekend...

Mattzilla
05-10-2004, 11:27 PM
yeah no worries, let me know when is good for you and i'll work around you.

cheers

matt

Rod
05-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Sorry for being QT the last few days everyone, been hooking up dsl to my computer and stuffing things up. :-\ Ended up having to reformat the cpu and was offline for a few days, but now everything is back working again and boy is my connection fast... ;D

Ari, I've passed the info on to Suzzie and she will book a night at the apartment. i know where trinity beach is as we stayed at palm cove when we were there 15 years ago. Really looking forward to catching up with you guys and seeing little ella again, i bet she has grown heaps since i last saw her. We will prob stay there on the Saturday night 22nd as we want to spend 2 night up at the tablelands, apparently the water falls are a sight to behold atm as there has been lots of rain. i want to go swimming with archer fish again, i did that last time in Lake eacham and had monster archers swimming around me everwhere. What sort of Fighter do you want?? The ones aty work atm are nice but normal colors, i'll see if i can get a mate at Bay to look through them for me and send me something extra special just for you. Anyway cu in Cairns 8)

Rod
05-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi proteus,

Check your email mate, i'll forward you a price list.

Rod

Proteus
05-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Rod,

Just about to have a look at it now...

cheers...

yippy
05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
be careful you dont get Arched Rod, dont forget - Marriott on the 30th - dont want you hobbling round the ozone filtration room :D

Kerry

Rod
05-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Kerry, I'll watch those slings and arrows ;)lol

yippy
05-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey Rod, one of the shops i bought all those imported crownies for have a few left - i could grab one for Ari - im coming up to your place with geoff on sunday - so i could bring one up if ari would like one. ;D

kerry

Multiclone
05-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Our grow out tanks have arrived at last.

Geoff

Multiclone
05-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Kerry forget the Marriott you can come here jump in the tank and feed the discus by hand. All the rest of us can watch you through the viewing window and take pictures lol.

Geoff

yippy
05-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Nopers Geoff - that doesnt have a cave !!!! besides one of the Murderers may attack me :scared:

And you wouldnt trust me with Eve would ya :D

Kerry

yippy
05-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Heres updated picks of Rod & Jack - Rods homebred goldens I have - theyre BIG boys/girls now ;D

yippy
05-11-2004, 07:21 PM
This is Rod - if Rod turns out to be a girl ill have to change his name to Rodna and if Jacks a girl I can change it to Jacqueline - still call him Jack for short :D

yippy
05-11-2004, 07:24 PM
heres my "HUGE SPAWN" of 3 :D next time Rod, Ill probly have more to dump on you - that bout of real hot weather ruined the other eggs. Hopefully Ill get a bigger one like last time next time. ???

yippy
05-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Mums getting more and more protective as they get bigger - quite snappy in fact - like Brutie :scared:

Theyre getting turq colour now - little cuties - eat like pigs too.

Mattzilla
05-12-2004, 07:37 AM
nice looking fish kez

hey rod, or anyone i guess....

know where i can ghet some pure form (or close to pure form) Astaxanthin from????

i found some on a web page but they are out of stock...the link is below so you can see what i am talking about.

http://www.aquaria.com.au/cgi-bin/db/show?db=aquariacat&Section=Freshwater&Category=Foo ds&ProductName=Astaxanthin%2c+Red+Gold+%28pure+for m%29+colour+enhancer%2fanti%2doxidant%2c+30g

i have heard sooooooo many goos things about Astaxanthin, and i really want to add it to my next b/h mix. it can be found in white crane products but i personally don't want to use white crane products.

thanks guys! ;D

Proteus
05-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Get in touch with David (Oxheart on DF) he may have some spare, or at least tell you where he gets it from...

HTH

yippy
05-12-2004, 08:56 AM
grrrrrrrr - White crane ???

Mattzilla
05-12-2004, 09:05 AM
i'll try him...thanks proteus

anyone else know anywhere i can get it??

Rod
05-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi Matt,

I have tried to get pure form of astaxanthin in Oz with no luck. I even contacted an astaxanthin farm in hawaii to get it and they told me they have tried to send to Oz but our laws prohibit it's importation. Too much red tape for me. i have been sent astaxanthin from some mates in canada to try out and to be honest i did not see any advantage over the food iam already feeding. Just put lots of prawns and/ or krill and scallop row in the beef heart mix as well as feeding a good dry food like tetra bits or sera discus granules and your discus will have all the color benifeits of pure astaxanthin.

HTH

Rod
05-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Kerry,

Your trio of blue turks look very nice...well done :)

Rod

yippy
05-12-2004, 05:36 PM
the trio just said to say "Thanks Uncle Rod" ;D

Mattzilla
05-12-2004, 05:40 PM
thanks rod, will do mate!

yippy
05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Rod, i just called and booked the Marriott for Sunday 30th - so when youre up in Cairns with those archer fish - dont get arched as we have some serious "ozoning" to do. Fish feeding is at 9.30am so come early !!!!

Pity Pril cant come :-\

Kerry

ari_wh
05-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Rod,
Sounds good..... Looking forward to meet you on next Saturday!! I can't wait for my long weekend.... We would like to go to Lake Eacham too, but I don't know whether we will make it this time.. Our friends live there and invited us to visit them. You still don't have digital camera, do you? Otherwise I can see your photos.... I am sure you will be taking heaps.

Kerry,
Pity you can't come... Maybe next time we can give you more warnings. It was just a spur of the moment thing.... My birthday present actually..... lol. Gee, now I am old!! I would love to get some betta!!!!!!! Anything other than normal blue and red is good.... I just lost my special one :(.

April,
Want to come out and play with us in Cairns???? How come you haven't posted there for ages?

Everyone.... this is the new photo of Ella. She is getting big now... and has 7 teeth.....lol.

April
05-13-2004, 12:31 AM
ok..im here Ari!! Ella is adorable as always..of coures im sure she takes after her Aunt in Canada. lol. and yes Ari.. go ahead and make me squrim..as i cant come to Cairns.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a
no fair.
Glad your back online Rod..now let the races begin!! mr. speedy.
Kerry..your huge spawn look great! Move here and look after all my fsih for me. no time these days..hardly it seems..for fish...hmmmm. ok i still do their wcs etc..but no breeding goin on..
Rod the fish..is a girl for sure. !!!! Rhodna i guess.. :gorgeous: it must be Karma. lol. seeming Pril is a boy..and i got teased mercilessly.

Rod
05-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Sounds great Kerry, morning tea with the fish at the marriot :) Don't worry about Pril, i'll send her pics of us suffering the queensland weather, checking out the ozoniser and having a great fishy time, she'll think she is actually here.

Rod
05-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Ari no digital camera yet, Sue asked me if i wanted one for xmas and even showed me a brouchure asking me which one i liked..... ;D. So maybe i will have one eventually. in the meantime i still have the old slr and the pics aren't too bad so that will do me for awhile yet. Yeah i'll send you the photos of the tablelands, a guy who sells rocks to me at the shop lives up there somewhere near the 7 sisters. He told me atherton tablelands has good rain atm and all the waterfalls are flowing really well so i couldn't miss my chance to see it all, should be fun.

yippy
05-13-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah Rod, maybe we could take a blow up doll and let it float about then put it on one of the deck chairs with a Long Island Tea beside it and pretend its Pril :D Be like sorta having her there.

Just have to hope she doesnt get a puncture and blow off somewhere - lol

Kerry :o

yippy
05-13-2004, 07:14 PM
God Ari and Scott, little Ella is sooooo cute - looks like shes gonna be a real heart breaker !!!!!

Kerry

April
05-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Lol Kerry. i want a pic of me the blowup doll..floating please..make sure i have a floaty duck around me.

yippy
05-14-2004, 02:12 AM
yeah - but pril - what if you get punctured on a bit of reef - youll blow off somehwere - maybe as far as the Sepik River in New Guinea :o And theyre non-french/canadian speaking so they may not even understand youre in dire straits ???

April
05-14-2004, 04:02 AM
well..ok i will make sure theres a patch kit aboard the floatie..
kinda like first aid for the blowup persons..
oh..and i will bring a french/english/new guinea translator book.

yippy
05-14-2004, 04:09 AM
:book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book:

betta start reading Pril - dont want you tickled pink by the local natives lol

luke_potts
05-19-2004, 07:05 AM
hi All :wave:

Just thought i would check in with everyone ;D ;D ;D ;D

hope you are all well and your fish are also doing well.
Pril, i have no real excuse except................"I"VE BEEN REEEEEEEEEAL BUSY :o :o"

I will try to keep in touch a little more regularly

cheers
Luke

ari_wh
05-19-2004, 06:15 PM
It has been very quiet over the last few days.... Where is everyone? Is Kerry away or something ;D ;D.

Well, I am away to Cairns tomorrow until Monday..... so for everyone that can't join me.... I will be thinking of you :)

April
05-19-2004, 10:16 PM
im here..kerry has been super busy at work. shes around..i will get the cattle prod out and get her to post.
have a great time ari and scott and think of me when you guys are all having a great time togeather. :'(
I will be over here in the corner..grooming dogs. well...a bit north..
hi there Luke . nice hearin from you. how go the fishies?

yippy
05-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Im here - work and the "HUGE SPAWN' - have kept me real busy - Im finally getting more leisure time, but had alot of business stuff to work out.

No need for cattle prods Pril - youve been MIA yourself a bit ???

Ill post an update of my trio of baby turqs later - just doin a w/c on them - theyre lookin pretty Koola !!! Hey Pril, im a grandma, Cary and Sue have given me a grandkid!!! I was gonna knit him a toque - but i cant knit ::)

Kerry

Mattzilla
05-20-2004, 01:32 AM
i'm still around...just been busy

some good news...i have just purchased some new tanks!!!! woo hoo

i got two 2x2x2 tanks with stands filters lights and stuff. i am picking them up tomorrow so i'll show some pics. i'm excited anyway!!!

matt

yippy
05-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Cool Matt - Ill have a beer for ya !!

Not that you need anyone to drink for you !!! ::)

Now....wedding bettas...whats the story??

Kerry

yippy
05-20-2004, 04:32 AM
ok - reality TV - i hate it - BUT......... POPSTARS !!!

KAYNE caned 'em

Kayne will win - then im inviting him to the marriott for ....ummm..fish feeding...for ozoning with Uncle Rodney

see him do Lenny Kravitz last nite - Molly cried again ::)

Hes a bad boy - and hes a Collingwood supporter - so......

well - hes a bad boy..but Ill let uncle rodney decide on my fate! :o

April
05-20-2004, 10:47 AM
i havent been missing kerry..always right here..right by my puter.
I know how to knit toques...guess i may make the better godmother or grandma.

yippy
05-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Dont get too carried away Pril, you are godmother, im granny :D

kerry

Multiclone
05-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Rod,
An update on the 6 Mandarin Passions I bought off you 3 1/2 weeks ago. I noticed pairing activity about a week ago and last night ......... ;D

Geoff

yippy
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Good news Geoff - for both you and me - with all this going on you wont have much time for Eve, better send her in here for a while, she hates that "im being neglected" feeling. ;D

Kerry

Smokey
05-22-2004, 03:25 AM
Tch, Tch, Tch, Tch, Tch, [canadian spelling].

Smokey
fooling aroud will other's fish.

yippy
05-22-2004, 10:35 AM
yeah smoke, bit if you knew Eve, youd uunderstand - id give a rice rocket for her !!!!

Smokey
05-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Nice looking fish there; Geoff.

Well, it's our Victoria Day long weekend. AND it's snowing like crazy outside. expect to get 10 to 40 centimets of the white stuff. Heavy, wet snow. Don't put those snow shovels and tire chains away, just yet!!
Oh ya, I remember, you southerners don't know what snow is. It's that white stuff that builds up in the freezing compartment in the fridge. lol.......

Smokey

yippy
05-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Fair dinkum Smoke????

I thought it was that white stuff that hangs off xmas trees ???

Ok Smoke, come clean, how many BD's have you got now??????

Kerry

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:27 AM
ive posted these for Ping ;D

Brutie bit me again yesterday - it was my fault - went too close to his bowl :o

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:31 AM
jack - one of rods home breds - hes gorgeous :-*

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:35 AM
my darling boy - "CARY' !!!!!

Hes such a nice natured fish - i love him :-*

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:39 AM
see, cary and cherub are up to no good under my little Lucky - shes such a cute little gal - she was very "runted' when i got her, she looks pretty cool to me ;D

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:44 AM
nob and pril - eggs - wrigglers - gone

maybe the britlenoses are eating them all up!!!

Hey anyone want bristlies, ive gottta tankful here >:(

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:47 AM
OK THE MASSSIVE SPAWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yippy
05-23-2004, 02:53 AM
more kids

QUALITY STARTS HERE LOL

yippy
05-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Heres carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry asleep - i shouldnt have woken him - but he was in a good pose !!!

ok ping, thats it for now ;)

Kerry

ping
05-23-2004, 05:47 AM
ouch Kerry :( , stop playing with his bowl ;D .... glad that discus cant bite ... ;D

Wow, you have a big spawn .... ;D. But that's where the quality starts ;D LOL

something is wrong with my MSN, cant even run it now .... :(

Hope you will have huge spawn next time, i have plenty empty tanks here ;D. Stupid problems wipe my discus ;D.

Hey Rod, I am still around ;D. I have been busy writing up my thesis. I need to graduate asap then get a job. Then start bugging you for more discus ;D

Regards,
Ronny

Rod
05-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Hi everyone,

back from my holiday in the north a few hours ago. Had a good time, seen lots of wildlife and fish and had a nice rest. 8) Met up with Ari and Scott last night and we partied the night away, great seeing those guys again after they moved all the way to NT.

Geoff,

Congrats on the spawn of the mandarine passion, keep us updated on the results.

Kerry,

OUCH!! Bad brutty...lol. You need one of those dangerous animal signs stuck on the front of your tank ;D Whats the saying?? Once bitten, twice shy!! How many times is that now??...LOL. Hey your massive spawn is looking awesome, they look very healthy and nicely shaped...congrats.

Ping,

Sorry to hear about the discus, that is really sad.

Luke,

Hi mate, good to see you about. Keep sending those gags, i always get a good laugh from them.

Rod

Multiclone
05-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks Smokey.

Rod, another pair of Mandarin Passions have laid in the same QT. Not a bad result 6 fish so far 2 pair cannot complain with that.

Kerry, what happened you get lost, I thought we were going to seee your smiling face today.
You remember that pair of PB which always ate their eggs ( the big yellow male and the red female - not the murderers ) well they have finally made it to the wriggler stage a lot bigger spawn than yours a huge total of 5 lol. Well it is a start seeing they have laid at least 30+ times before and eaten the eggs every time.

Geoff

Mattzilla
05-24-2004, 12:28 AM
hi guys, i got some new tanks the other day off my brother inlaw. i got two 2x2x2 tanks, a 4x2x2 stand, 2 ehiem canister filters, a 4 ft double light light with globes, a full chemical test set kit, and a digital constant ph tester all for only.........$400.

what a deal!!! i'll attach some pictures....

all i need some help with is....

what should i put in them?????

matt

Mattzilla
05-24-2004, 12:30 AM
the stand that i am in the process of staining a dark walnut colour...very nice

Mattzilla
05-24-2004, 12:31 AM
2 ehiems...

one is a 440 and the other is a 620

Mattzilla
05-24-2004, 12:32 AM
and the digital ph tester. i have never sen these before. it runs 24/7, giving you a constant ph read.

Mattzilla
05-24-2004, 12:38 AM
and look at this brine shrimp hatcher my mate put together for me.. not bad hey

Smokey
05-24-2004, 03:00 AM
Nice looking stand.

Mattzilla
05-24-2004, 05:34 AM
anyonw live in perth???? not a bad set up for sale on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20758&item=4302581 570&rd=1

if i lived there i would definately be having a look at this

matt

ari_wh
05-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone...
Back from Cairns.... well actually on Monday, but I spent a whole day yesterday doing the laundry and cleaning up the house, tanks, garden.... etc.... Had a good trip and had a good night with Rod, Sue, Sarah and John.... Did you get home all right that night, Rod? LOL. My birthday present survived the trip, Rod... and he is happily swimming in his tank.... Thank you..... :)

We did not take photos of that night though... silly me!! We had BBQ on the deck outside of our apartment and had drinks all night.... I think the boys drink way too much..... but hey, they haven't seen each other for a while... lol.

Better go.... Ella is destroying my study....

April
05-25-2004, 08:42 PM
sounds like you all had a great trip. surely those boys didnt drink that much....
what kind of fish did you get for your bday Ari?? Happy Birthday by the way.. hope you have a great bday.