PDA

View Full Version : Aussie, Aussie, Aussie 3!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ryan
12-09-2003, 03:45 AM
You guys are killing me! I'm honored to start Thread #3 :) Have at it!

Ryan

yippy
12-09-2003, 04:23 AM
Well look here - aussie 3 - we are a talkative bunch when we get going! :gossip:

Kerry

luke_potts
12-09-2003, 06:28 AM
hey, here we go...................... :)
our #3 is up and ready to go 8) 8) 8) 8) how cool is this?????
comon guys lets give ryan another headache in a couple of months.......and aim for an AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE 4 :o

cheers
luke

nalah
12-09-2003, 07:38 AM
hello strangers............
I'm still around. just havent posted since, oh, let me see - page 70 or so of aussie2 thread.

still have my fishies, still have wc to do. i just scaled down a little what with the water restrictions here in sydney.

one of my pairs had babies... :bounce2:
our tiny malamute (i posted a pic of her here a while ago) is now a HUGE 1 year old. see photo bellow of her 1st b/d party.

April and Smokey - hope all is well with you both.

Pascale
XXXX

yippy
12-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Well, aussies appearing out of the woodwork - lol

hey pascale, my friend has malamutes - she shows them -one of them has the most beautiful icy blue eyes - when im down there next i'll take some pics.

Im going to bed now, been up watching the Robbie Williams concert. so nite folks.

Kerry :)

nalah
12-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Hiya Kerry,

thats strange - mallies don't usually have coloured eyes and if they do, that disqualifies them from showrings. ...maybe they're not mallies, could be huskies, or similar.

our girl is not a show dog - she hates been clean. give her a puddle of water and she's in heaven ;D her mum was a cruelty case and was taken away from the 1st owners.so hence, no papers.

yippy
12-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Maybe not like yours Pascale ??? They look similar - ill ask her what they are - they dont bark - they howl - lol - might be wolves. :o

Kerry

nalah
12-09-2003, 05:03 PM
- they dont bark - they howl - lol - might be wolves. :o

Kerry

tell me about it.LOL

scottwheels
12-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Greetings from Gove... or Nhulunbuy, depending on your preference. Must be one of the few towns in Australia with 2 names! Well, Aussie3. Well, well, well!!! Champion effort everyone! ;D

I haven't posted lately, been lurking but. I let Ari do most of the posting - ;) Well, We have had our discus back for a few weeks now, and the care given to them by Rod L. while he was baby sitting really shows. There are 2 pairs that have spawned regularly in the community lank, and last night I as i was doing a w/c in the juvie tank, I found our blue SS and a RT had spawned!!! They are still babies themselves! I don't know who gave them "the talk", but all the shimmying and shaking on the weekend wasn't for show.

We only have 2 tanks up here, so we will have to get some breeding and growout racks pronto. There goes the car port (sorry Ari... lol) I can see the town of Gove will be saturated with discus in no time flat if they can raise fry as prolifically as they spawn.

Well, cheers to everyone - we are still here. I'll post again in Aussie 4 LOL!!

Scott

yippy
12-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Hi Scott, I prefer "GOVE" myself - lol

I love it up there - might have to pop up for holiday. Id have to go and visit my mates in Karumba first - and that place is very hard to get out of - they wont let you leave - lol - took 3 weeks to get outa there once - everyone kept talking me into "just one more day"

Galina
12-09-2003, 06:40 PM
I am happy to be part of this thread and happy to be Aussie. Let's take Christmas pics of our fish and exchange them here. What presents are you giving your fish?

April
12-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi Pascale!!! Nice to see you!! say happy birthday to your "puppy" for me.
shes looking great.
got any recent pics of your fish??
Well dont be a stranger.,...glad you made it over to the Aussie 3 post.
Hi Scott. get those racks and breeding tanks done!! either that or starting adding birth control pills to the water!! sounds like all is going well with your fish.
Im sure you can post before we get to the aussie 4 post!! how about every 10th page?? lol.
Galina im glad to be a canaussie. lol.

ari_wh
12-10-2003, 01:33 AM
Wow... are we that bad?? Lol. Good to see that aussie3x thread is still alive and kicking....

Kerry,
Come and visit us.... Although, it is very hot here at the moment. Raining di Darwin already, but not in Gove :(. Can't wait till the rain starts.... my garden needs it desperately....

Pascale,
Is it still water restriction down in Sydney? I thought it would be lifted by now... I guess... having discus is a bit hard with all the restriction. Lucky, we haven't got it up here :).

April,
Hhhmmm... we got 2 small tanks... but need more. Anyone wants to send us tanks???

Galina,
Present for our fish??? Mossie wrigglers....lol. They love it!!

Regards, Ari :)

yippy
12-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Hi Ari, yeah i bet its warming up up there - i hated the summers up there - its getting real humid here too now.

Glad all your fishies are doing weel - how little Ella?

Rod
12-11-2003, 04:55 AM
Hi Everyone, wow aussie 3, what an effort....who'd have thought it'd go this far?!

Sorry that i have not posted much lately, been very busy with work and wc etc...and now with all the xmas breakup stuff happening its hard to find much spare time :(

Rod :)

Terry
12-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Spare time whats that .
Terry. :)

yippy
12-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Spare time is something that never comes to you - you just have to take it sometimes and post ;D

Anyone out there want some of Bruties kids????

ping
12-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Bruties Kids ... hmmmm ::) ::) ::)
Brutie can bite badly enough. Having his kidssss ??? ;D ;D Like father like kids, am i right ? ;D ;)

Regards,
Ronny

jamesmcsyd
12-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Well, I was asked about a year ago to join this thread, and I thought i'd better do it. Better late than never!

My name is James, I live in slap bang in the middle of Sydney (near the X) and have a few tanks. Currently have a breeding pair of interest and about 30 2 day old free swimming fry.

Other than this, i work in a hospital part time(the rest of the time is spent recovering from a chronic illness), and watch alot of soccer! (i'm looking forward to the Lowy reforms).

Hello again,

James

yippy
12-12-2003, 04:17 AM
Hi James :wave: good to see another aussie member here. We will warn you tho, we yap alot - lol

Kerry :D

snakeskin9
12-12-2003, 10:02 AM
hi fellas
is there any melbourne vic breeders on this site if so can i have your address and phone no. so i can vist you so time if thats okay. mybe i my just buy some fish.

thanx jarryd

April
12-12-2003, 10:19 AM
rod coleman is from that area... im him.
heh james and snakeskin..you guys need your little aussie flag. if you go to profiles and select your country you will get your flag. 8)

ping
12-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi Jarryd,

Here is Rod Coleman's profile http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=18;action=viewprofile;user=Rod+Col eman

Hi April,
James and Snakeskin need little aussie flag.
But you need a correct flag... ;D where is that little aussie flag ? ;D

Regards,
Ronny

April
12-12-2003, 11:23 PM
hmmm ping . maybe they can design a special flag just for me!!
how about the nice blue flag with the nice stars and a red mapleleaf in the top left corner!! would that do??

snakeskin9
12-13-2003, 12:39 AM
hi april and ping
i know rod very well but he is a 2hr drive from my house so i am looking for people closer to me. oh and is that better i got the flag :)

thanx jarryd

April
12-13-2003, 01:11 AM
yes Jarryd.. much better!! now you can spread those nice flags all over the forum!!!
ok guys... who else is in jarryds neighbourhood??
im kinda close.......but fish only go to me... never from me!!!
if you wanna come over and see mine jarryd your welcome!! you wont have to drive.... just fly!!

yippy
12-13-2003, 01:30 AM
OK Pril,

Heres your bi-national flag

Kerry ;)

April
12-13-2003, 01:32 AM
8) :thumbsup: cool flag!! ok im set!! thanks kerry!!

ping
12-13-2003, 08:03 AM
wow Pril, you have a special flag made by Oz top designer ;) :)

Nice flag Kerry :)

yippy
12-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Well Pril, I thought you may like a little bit of home on your flag - so when you are an Aussie you wont get homesick.

By the way - how long do you plan on staying in each country????

Oh, and your pin, better make yourself out in middle of the pacific ocean somewhere - bit further out from where Terry was - lol - maybe Ryan could do a special member map for the bi-nationals - lol - then we'd know which country you are in at any time.

chewy7
12-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Hi all,
im selling my discus and the setup. so if anyone is interested, here are my details: Im in Brissy.
Hi,
I have 10 discus which i have grown up since little babys.
There are: 2X Blue Turqs(8cm)
2X Marlboro Reds(8cm)
2X Browns(10cm)
2X Leopard Skins(8cm)
1X Blue Diamond(8cm)
1X Red turk(4cm)
Fish are all 9 Months Old.
Was hoping to sell in one lot. Want $450. Priced cheap to sell quick! will through in a 300g tin of tetra bits as well! Have pics if anyone is interested. Located At Cannon Hill.

They are currentley in a 4x2x2 and Stand, in perfect condition, no scratches, bought new only 5 months ago. with a Sacem 2000 Filter. Wanting $400 for that and comes with a Huge Tree stump which looks Simply Awesome!

If someone Wants to buy the lot, tank setup and fish i will sell it to them for $800.

Please Phone 0402601033 or email me if you have any questions
Thanks
Shane

April
12-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Heh thats a very nice flag!! now..can i start my own country?? i can be a pioneer...and be a founder. and make my own rules.. this could be good!!
who wants to move to my country. im starting immigration laws etc...
of course discus are all eligible for immigration unless a communicable disease...they will get promised all the benefits my country can offer.

yippy
12-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Well Im not going there if youre gonna be one of those "dictator" types.

Kerry :P

April
12-13-2003, 10:52 PM
well i can be a dictator but make the people believe that it was their decisions . i can put the ideas planted in their heads...
ok. first thing off is to find the perfect hunk of land for my country. discus water a must.

yippy
12-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Well, how about some small unpopulated island in the middle of the pacific??? Then you could dictate who is allowed in - save you brainwashing people who already live in some other place.

Something round about here Pril?

Kerry ???

April
12-13-2003, 11:22 PM
That looks quite close to hawaii....cant i just take one of their small islands over??
ok kerry start sending loads of dirt and rock to build my island. you want to live there Kerry??

yippy
12-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Sure Pril, ill start sending canned pumkin now - then we can have pumpkin pie at your elections and con a few people into voting for you.

chewy7
12-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Hi all,
im selling my discus and the setup. so if anyone is interested, here are my details: Im in Brissy.
Hi,
I have 10 discus which i have grown up since little babys.
There are: 2X Blue Turqs(8cm)
2X Marlboro Reds(8cm)
2X Browns(10cm)
2X Leopard Skins(8cm)
1X Blue Diamond(8cm)
1X Red turk(4cm)
Fish are all 9 Months Old.
Was hoping to sell in one lot. Want $450. Priced cheap to sell quick! will through in a 300g tin of tetra bits as well! Have pics if anyone is interested. Located At Cannon Hill.

They are currentley in a 4x2x2 and Stand, in perfect condition, no scratches, bought new only 5 months ago. with a Sacem 2000 Filter. Wanting $400 for that and comes with a Huge Tree stump which looks Simply Awesome!

If someone Wants to buy the lot, tank setup and fish i will sell it to them for $800.

Please Phone 0402601033 or email me if you have any questions
Thanks
Shane

Hi all,
could you guys please tell me if i am asking too much for my fish? is it a good price?

Mattzilla
12-14-2003, 07:55 AM
my god where have i been!!
i didn't know oz 3 had started. nice to see some new people and even better to see some old...hi pascale...

chewy7
that's not a bad price if they are good quality fish...post some pictures and we'll let you know if you have fairly priced them......definately depends on quality of fish though

cheers
matt

snakeskin9
12-14-2003, 08:52 AM
hey chewy7
how much would you selll the brown for and how old are they?
where is connon hill Vic Nsw what state?

thanx jarrryd
p.s very funny april i may come and see you some time lol.

luke_potts
12-15-2003, 03:26 AM
Hi all,

HTH Luke ;D

luke_potts
12-15-2003, 03:41 AM
Hey guys are we chatting tonight???
if yes we said @ 9:30 NSW time or 8:30 QLD time

Cheers
luke

yippy
12-15-2003, 04:48 AM
Yeah- ill go on for a while Luke.

CYA there.

Kerry

yippy
12-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Hi guys,

Ive posted pics of Bruties kids over at simplycichlids - too many to post here - lol - have to conserve our pages for yapping.

http://www.simplycichlids.com/forum/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=721

BlueTurquoise
12-17-2003, 01:14 AM
BOOO!!!

Agent Chong reporting for duty. Better late than never!

Sorry guys, my work banned Simply along with heaps of other websites so have not been able to get online at work (where I do most of my Simply stuff ;D ).

I will try harder...

Hey if I don't catch up with you guys, have a safe Christmas to your family from ours. I am going up to Port Macquarie next week so chances are slim taht I will chat to you guys again...

Have a good one!

mattrox
12-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Gunbalunya (sp) Oenpellii (sp again) isn't that another Aussie town with 2 names? ;D

You wouldn't belive the rigmarole the NT govt. has to get live fish into the NT. Even the LFS's have to list the number and species of each shipment they bring in. No wonder there isn't the variety up here. It would be easier to change the date on the permit application with the same list of fish!

RED TAPE ??? :furious: :banghead:

yippy
12-18-2003, 04:16 AM
Well guys, most of you know that April has now given up her Canadian citizenship and become half canadian / half Aussie - she is now what we call a "bi-national", Canozzian. She has her own little Republic out in the Pacific Ocean, known as Canoz- she is the dictator there.

Today there was a gala event in Canoz - the Grand Opening of the Canoz Golf Course. Well the paparazzi were out in full force, taking pics of the local scenery, and the official emblem for Canoz, the rare Canmu, was spotted on the Golf Course. The Canmu comes from some ingenious breeding - half canadian goose and half Emu.

As well as this gala event, Canoz's first Aussie visitor was spotted on the Canoz Golf Course - his game certainly wasnt "up to par" - but he advised the reporters that
"he was just having an off day".

Well, this has been emailed direct from the newsroom in Canoz - this is the first person to have a putt on the Canoz Golf Course.

Enjoy.

Multiclone
12-18-2003, 04:47 AM
Hi Kerry,
Looked out of my window and saw you were home so I thought I would drop you a line.
When you coming up?
Had trouble with a pair breeding in my 7' tank with 9 other discus. I decided to leave the eggs on the cone to see what would happen as this was their first batch together. Guess what they all hatched the male was busy keeping the other fish at bay so I had to do something so I partitioned off the tank but unfortunately some managed to squeeze around the edges and were quickly gobbled up. I then took out the fish and the partition so now I have 1 pair of discus with 100+ fry in a 7' tank. They became free swimming morning of the 16th. So far the parents are doing a wonderful job.
Hi everyone my name is Geoff and am relatively new to discus keeping and it has been one massive learning curve so far. I might even have some time for some sleep soon. ;D

Geoff.

yippy
12-18-2003, 05:26 AM
Hi Geoff, well Im closing my little typesetting business tomorrow for 2 weeks - may have a couple of half days of work for Monday & Tuesday, just last minute jobs, but i will be free to come anytime. Ill give you a ring and make sure its convenient beforehand. So probably in the next week or so - once xmas is done with.

Good news on your discus - looking forward to meeting them :)

Multiclone
12-18-2003, 06:18 AM
How long can the fry live free from the parents? I think I am going to lose a percentage. The little buggers are becoming frisky and are beginning to swim around the tank. Unfortunately the parents are staying up one end and are refusing to come to the other end where I have an outlet pipe which is black poly and the fry are trying to attach to it. I moved their cone up to that end - no luck- I tried feeding them up that end, they just looked at me and said " we aren't being fooled by that" and stayed where they were. I am thinking of remaking a partion and hopefully this will stop them. Oh! I was siphoning them up and placing them back with the parents. This did work for a few but now there are tooooo many.

Geoff

April
12-18-2003, 06:22 AM
nice golf course and that bird.not sure... think he needs a different head. lol. maybe a budgie head?? or...a cockatoo head??

Rod
12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
LOL Kerry, I love the golf course, and that canmu is hilarious...we could nicname them emooses...wonder if they run in formation like geese fly???

Rod ;D

yippy
12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes Rod, Canmus do run in formation, they are a unique species, having webbed feet they also swim in formation.

This is one of the few pictures the paparazzi were able to take of Canmus swimming in formation.

Kerry 8)

yippy
12-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Rod,

Emooses are an entirely different species. Dictator April is now working on a "breed and release program" with the emooses. They are just testing a few of them with Canmus to see if theres any sign of aggression between the two species. So far, so good, so the emooses should be released in Canoz in around 4 weeks.

BlueTurquoise
12-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi I am a new Simply Discus member and I was wondering where the best place to buy those cool Emooses from and if they were hard to take care of?

What do I feed them and how do i get them to breed? What colours do they come in??

;D ;D ;D

yippy
12-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi Chong, Welcome to the forum ;)

well we are working on new strains of both canmus and emooses all the time, so just ask what colour youd like and we will breed some. They breed like rabbits so you should get alot of fry.

Theyre easy to care for, they live on the golf balls that a particular person we know hits too far off the course and into the rain forest in Canoz.

You can buy golf balls very cheap at golf clubs - ones that people lose - so feed 1 ball morning and night.

April
12-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Chong... their an endangered species!! they cannot leave canoz!!!!
if you want one you have to move to Canoz. and i will appoint you to a job...and perhaps you can have one. but... all commodites are paid for in slippery round things... called discusoins.

BlueTurquoise
12-18-2003, 10:29 PM
OK, where do I got to apply for a Visa to go to Canoz??? :)

ari_wh
12-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Everyone...
We are in cyclone watch at the moment... There is a category 1 cyclone about 400km away. It is heading west at the moment, and hopefully it will keep heading west (touch wood!!). If it change direction to south.... it might hit us by the weekend!! A bit scary... really... 100km/h wind and all. I haven't been in a cyclone before.... so I really hope that it will miss us this time...

Well... regardless of what happen, I think we are going to clean up the backyard this weekend anyway and clean the gutter too, chain the dog kennel to the tree and the fence, the shade house and dismantle the cat run too. Big job!! Thank God, the discus are happy inside the house :).

Mattrox,
What red tape???
Hey, where about are you in Darwin? We are planning to go across sometime in January.... shopping spree time ;D ;D and maybe will pick up some fishie too.... while we are there, not discus though.... some fishie for our pond.

April,
what is the season at canoz at the moment?? Freezing cold or scorching hot??? LOL.

Rod,
Is it possible to send those frozen bloodworms? or would they melt horribly????? I need some bloodworms.... I have some fussy fishie >:(. My beefheart is just not good enough!!!

Chong,
Happy holiday :)

Regards, Ari

yippy
12-18-2003, 11:56 PM
No need for visas Chong - Canoz is run by a dictator - April - she decides whos allowed in and who isnt. I think you have to pass some very stringent formalities to gain entry. April will tell you.

Ari, dont worry too much about the cyclone - most of them die down a bit before hitting the coast or change direction - just make sure you dont have anything that could be dangerous lying round the yard that the wind could pick up - and that includes Scott - lol.

We'll keep our fingers crossed it keeps heading west.

The weather in Canoz is fine and near perfect conditions today. Saturday we have the Summer Racing Carnival - all the top Canmus will be racing. Sorry if theres any gamblers that would like to place a bet, as this is the first time they have raced, we dont have a form guide, all the Canmus are maidens. (maidens are ones that havent won a race yet). But the track is rated as "fast" - we did a penetrometer reading this morning.

mattrox
12-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Ari, We are in Palmerston. The shops here have a limited range compared to what I am used to in Adelaide. But I am sure you can find something for your pond, watch out of kingfishers though.

(You can put anything in a pond up here though hehehe, I bet with the right plumming discus would thrive in ponds and the wet season would bring instant water changes.)

Are you flying over or driving.... Flying I guess coz the river crossings will be out.

April
12-19-2003, 01:07 AM
Hi chong . i will permit you to immigrate if you like... but you need to bring a bit of prosperity to the country... what can you offer canoz?
::)
Ari hope alll will be well with the cyclone!! i will cross my fingers for you!!
ok....well.....not sure on the gambling bit Kerry... it could turn canoz into sincountry! and some could gamble all their hard earned discuscoins away!!
im sure emoose wil win rack down!!!
Aril the weather is just right at all time in canoz!! not too hot not too cold. lol. actually..its discus water temp!

mattrox
12-19-2003, 10:16 AM
It looks like the cyclone is moving towards me. Hope it misses.

mattrox
12-19-2003, 08:34 PM
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65011.shtml

I think it might miss. But it is intensifying, could be a big one.

Mattzilla
12-19-2003, 09:24 PM
i hope so...fingers crossed!!!

ari_wh
12-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Well.... now the cyclone is catagory 3 and still intensifying!!! It is still heading west, and I sure hope it won't change direction. I hope it won't go west any further, otherwise it will surely hit Darwin.... for mattrox sake... and I hope it won't change direction to the east, for my sake.

Scary.... the suspense is killing me!!

April
12-19-2003, 10:17 PM
im crossing my fingers and thinking about you and matrix. hope all is ok.
theres no cyclones in canoz.. wanna immigrate?

yippy
12-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Got my fingers and toes crossed for you guys - my fish have their fins crossed too.

Yeah, Canoz never gets bad weather.

kenoz
12-20-2003, 03:13 AM
Hi all

Nice to see we have hit thread 3 whilst I've not been looking. Busy little possums, us Aussies. Well, we've now moved house and re-established an internet connection, courtesy of Telstra (and my local electrician). Anyone need advice on moving 20 discus, numerous hangers-on, and 30 koi - DON'T! This all happened just as I decided to go back to work full time - not the smartest of moves (but the money's good). Actually we downsized the whole house, but now I've discovered room for another tank! :D Just have to break the news s-l-o-w-l-y.

Merry Christmas all.

Ken

yippy
12-20-2003, 03:24 AM
Awww, come on Ken - just do what i do - buy the new tank, suffer the consequences later - just say it was a bargain you couldnt refuse - lol

April
12-20-2003, 06:27 AM
hi ken. how goes it. just go get a tank. lol.
heh kerry... where are you anyhow other than melted into a puddle on your deck?? your certainly not on msn!! lol.
i may go through withdrawals!!
ok nite cya ron.

yippy
12-20-2003, 07:39 AM
Sorry Pril, I did nearly melt - it was soooooooo hot out there. I couldnt even walk barefooted on the patio tiles - it was scorching.

Glad i didnt go to the beach - the sand wouldve burnt my feet - its happened to heaps of people so dont laugh Pril!!! But it is funny watching tourists hop from one foot to another so they dont burn their feet. :) I must admit. And theyre predicting over 30 degrees or more on Tuesday - hope its not this bad all summer.

I can normally relax out there and lay in the sun for a couple of hours but today I went out by the pool at 1.20 and came inside at 2.10 . I took my watch out with me to time myself - knew i wouldnt last long- and had to jump in the pool 6 times.

Then i had to undergo a terrifying procedure. Had to do w/c on Bruites tank - him and the missus went berserk - shes a feisty little bugger.

Anyway, Ill be on msn in the morning - so youll get your fix. :)

By the way - I was too busy to get the result of the Canoz Cup - which Canmu won??? i took a trifecta in the Cup, hope it got up. ???

lesley
12-21-2003, 05:42 AM
Hi guys,

went to Amazing Amazon in Glen Waverley today to get a tank ( got a pair that are laying eggs, guess now the new tank will stop everything dead!) and saw that they had some nice young fish in. The Manager there is "into" discus and wants to stock quality discus. He had a few young fish there that looked like the Eruptions we are seeing currently on Simply. You'd have to be prepared to pay, but thought you might be interested.

Lesley

chewy7
12-22-2003, 08:24 AM
hi all,
sorry for the slow reply. but here are the pics. are they worth the price i am asking?

http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/DSCF1348 (Medium).JPG
http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/DSCF1349 (Medium).JPG
http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/DSCF1350 (Medium).JPG
http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/DSCF1352 (Medium).JPG
http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/DSCF1353 (Medium).JPG

thankyou
shane

Mattzilla
12-23-2003, 12:57 AM
how much are you asking again????

chewy7
12-23-2003, 04:56 AM
asking for $450 for all the fish. do you think that is too much? could you guys tell me what there worth? indivdually.

Rod
12-24-2003, 05:23 AM
Merry Christmas to all, hope everyone gets something nice in thier stocking tomorrow morning.

Rod
12-24-2003, 05:28 AM
Hi Shane,

Some nice looking discus there, they look good quality so you should be able to get a reasonable sum for them. But really discus are only worth what people are willing to pay, what i think is a bargain at $450, someone else for sure thinks $250 would be too much. Sell them for a price you are happy to accept.

Rod

Terry
12-24-2003, 05:40 AM
Merry christmass to all and happy new year . :angel:

Terry :) :) :)

mattrox
12-24-2003, 05:56 AM
I am hoping for discus in my stocking, but that wont happen... LOL plus they need an aquarium not a smelly old sock ;D.

Christams Greetings to all and to all a good night!

ping
12-24-2003, 07:04 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

yippy
12-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Guys, its possible for discus in stockings - look

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=15028

Merry Christmas :drummer:

Mattzilla
12-24-2003, 10:16 AM
have a fantastic christmas everyone!!!

cheers
matt

April
12-24-2003, 02:15 PM
ok.well Merry early xmas to all you aussies. i can take my time....as xmas isnt here yet!! as a matter of fact im gonna start right now......doing my xmas shopping!! hope i dont have to buy all you aussies leftovers no one wanted!! well all of you can let me know if i oughta wake up and bother tomorrow morning.
Merry Christmas. may you all get a great big snowstorm today so you can try out your new toboggans and toques and mitts you all got for xmas!!

Multiclone
12-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for all the help I have been given.
I hope all our problems for the next year are little ones - FRY- that is ;D ;D ;D.

Geoff

Smokey
12-25-2003, 03:20 AM
WOW - A.3, already. Way to go Australia!

Jeese, I go on a road trip and this forum explodes.

So, I will try to catch up :

Ari - good to hear from you and Scott. How is little "E".

sounds like every one is enjoying the Summer.

Here in my little valley - Our winter has set in. All the roads and hiways are slick with permant ice. The river has froozen over. Skiing season is in full swing. Lots of snow on .the mountans

On a good day , and the sun shines, it does get up 2C.; Mind you - most of the time it is _-3C [warm day] to -18C. average; to -38C. - a colder day. Tee shirts to longjohns - !!!

Kerry, I think your oomoose should look like this [ see pic].

April - a new island , great... now you will be closer to all the discus. Send me a post card . lol..

Smokey
Merry christmans and everyone have a great NEW YEAR!

Rod Coleman
12-25-2003, 03:41 AM
Hi Everyone and Merry Christmas! ;D

Rod C

yippy
12-25-2003, 06:45 PM
Yes Smokey, that could be a Goomoose - unfortunately an Emoose is a cross between a canadian MOOSE and an emu, and the canmu is a cross between a canadian GOOSE and an emu.

That is a very interesting strain - maybe we should work on a breeding program for those oomooses.

What do you think, Dictator Pril?

mattrox
12-31-2003, 10:27 PM
Happy New Year!

How is the morning after? Hope there are not too many cobwebs and headaches.:sick:

Still some time to go for the North Americans..... :jester:

:drummer: :drummer: :guitarist: :guitarist: :drummer: :guitarist: :bandana: :singer:

yippy
12-31-2003, 10:47 PM
No headaches for me (for a change), had a few tequilas at the Surf Club and was home at 6pm and in bed at 9.30 - so i feel good today. Been down the beach for a couple of hours and now watching Robbie Williams concert (again - seen it 3 times already)

A few of my neighbours look rather green lol ::) :puke:

Kerry

ping
01-01-2004, 03:13 AM
Happy New Year!!!!!

Watch out for your neigbours Kerry ;D ;D :puke: ;D

Mattzilla
01-01-2004, 04:07 AM
happy new year everyone!!!!

all the best for the new year

matt

lesley
01-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi Yippy,

I went to bed at 9.30 too, but got woken up by all the fireworks in the hills, it would have been quieter in the suburbs I'll bet!!!! I've popped in a pic below to show why I thought that I would get a long and peaceful night's sleep so that I could tackle taming the new computer we bought a couple of days ago!! (at the moment it is still computer several wins, :computer:Lesley well maybe one or two). Woman will prevail eventually however!!!! It actually looked quite good for a little while seeing all these rockets popping up out of the trees, but the neighbouring farmers went on for over an hour.

It has been a superb day here sunny, warm, typical Victorian weather :sun:

May you all have a great New Year, full of Discus and other good things!!!

lesley
01-01-2004, 05:09 AM
ok, computer strikes again, but this one I'm going to win!!

Mattzilla
01-01-2004, 09:23 AM
what an amazing picture!!!!

wow... i just keep sitting back and looking....i picture in my mind what is happening in the picture....if anythin.....

matt

April
01-01-2004, 01:49 PM
ok now... i can say happy new year!! now i hav leaped into 2004 and have caught up to you guys!!!
hope 2004 treats you all extremely well. and please return our warmth back to canada!! its cold and snowy and the roads are sheet ice this morning!!!!
Leslie. nice place you live. can i just move there and set all my tanks up in that building in the pic?? looks like thered be plentry of room for a huge fishroom. Also lots of room for my doggy to run till her hearts content.

yippy
01-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Great pic Lesley - i wanna live somewhere like that. Then i can get some cows and ducks and pigs and more horses. I used to have horses but sold them, id love more oneday.

Well Ping, my neighbours seem to have recovered from partying, but now I have some holiday people in the unit next door. They come every year and the guy uses my patio as a route to the pool. I barricaded my patio up yesterday so he cant get through ;D he wasnt too happy so I ended up telling him off. Im working on re-inforcements today, might have to set up a few booby traps. :o

April suggested trip wires - lol. But years ago my mum lived in this building and she set some trip wires up as these louts down the road kept coming in and using the pool - but unfortunately she was the only one to trip over them - lol - she forgot where she put them up. :D

I may not be posting much over the next few weeks, Ill be on "patrol" on my patio!!! >:(

Kerry :bomb:

yippy
01-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Hey lesley,

Two things:

1. Can me and April come and live at your place?

2. Do you have any barbed wire for my patio?

lesley
01-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi April, Yippy, Matt you'd all be welcome, might be a bit dull for you though!!

Water is a prob here of course, we are getting a shed put in which we really do need to put junk in anyway, but really, it's another thing I need for the discus, to collect extra water!!!! If only we had bought a property with a stream it would have been perfect for discus!!

We keep telling ourselves that we will shift closer to work, costs a fortune in petrol, etc. but when we come home the urge to shift evaporates!!

Have done a couple more shots for you. These were all taken a couple of days ago after a really hot day when a thunderstorm was moving in. This first pic shows that it is not always calm here, the winter storms tore my poly house apart.

lesley
01-01-2004, 07:25 PM
then just turning around a little is the farm of my noisy neighbours!!! When you look to the right of the pic you will see a valley. In that valley is fresh running water from the top of the hill, perfect for discus and, in my opinion, since it is not being used for discus, totally wasted!!

lesley
01-01-2004, 07:29 PM
This is with my back to the house

lesley
01-01-2004, 07:36 PM
and finallly, turning back to the house.

ari_wh
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Happy New Year everyone.....

Well, all the family gathering is over now. Just took Scott's family to the airport. They left Gove today and I think it was a hard thing for Scott's mum to leave Ella behind... So, I have to get back to my life and do a bit of tidying up today.... lol.

Weather up here has been terrible for the week that Scott's family were up.. Wet, wet and wet!!!! That tropical cyclone really brought the rain early this year. Oh well.... at least we did not get the cyclone (touch wood!!). And at least... my garden and frogs like it....

As far as New Years eve goes, we had a quiet one this year.... Just a few drinks with family... I just can't handle alcohol as I used to... I guess pregnancy and breastfeeding tend to slow that down a bit....

Lesley,
That is a beautiful place you've got there... but it looks so cold!! Where is it exactly?

April
01-01-2004, 08:20 PM
hi Ari nice to see you on here. sounds like xmas went well for you. alot of fun with a little one in the house. next year will be even more fun.
glad the cyclone missed you.

Rod Coleman
01-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Ahh - the rolling hills of Gippsland!

Lesley, those are great photos. You have captured some interesting weather. Looks like a little water spout headed towards the house - put out the buckets and lash down the discus tanks!

Good luck to everyone this year!

Rod

snakeskin9
01-02-2004, 10:29 AM
hey
does any one now where to get red worms from in austarlia (victoria)
and i any one could sell me some.

thanx jarryd

yippy
01-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Well Lesley showed us her house, so this is mine. Mum went to Sea World the other day and went on helicopter ride down the coast and took some pics of our area.

So Lesley, wanna house swap every 6 months?

yippy
01-02-2004, 11:35 AM
More of our beach - can see the coastline better.

yippy
01-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Heres some pics of the polar bear enclosure at Sea World. You can go uner water level and watch them swimming about through the glass. Pretty cool display.

yippy
01-02-2004, 05:47 PM
another :)

yippy
01-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Last one :)

lesley
01-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Ari, on that particular day it was really hot and still warm even though the storm was coming in. But yes, it can get bleak here in winter, the year before, we bought ski gear to take the dogs for a walk 'cause it was so cold in the winter!! Bet some photos of where you live would be pretty impressive!!

Yippy, that coastline looks fantastic, could just see myself in that blue water!! The swap idea sounds like the good life!!

Lesley

Galina
01-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Well, I do not own a property, but this view from my balcony nearDarling Harbour is priceless. This is my friendly family. They escaped fires and three time a day they demand their sausages and meat. Lived with us for one year but relocated farther down to suburbs. Their son still comes to visit us and for his treats.

Galina
01-03-2004, 09:19 PM
One more pic

yippy
01-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Ok Lesley, You can live here for 6 months, and Ill live down there for 6 months (in the cooler months for me).

Galina, I have a family of magpies, ill get a pic sometime, they bomb dive everyone in the street excpet me. ;D

Kerry

luke_potts
01-07-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi all :wave:
Just thought i would check in and say hi to everyone and hope you all had a great xmas and an even better new year!!!!!!!!
I have been lucky enough to vist rod L and kerry over the last week and...........WOW, they have some nice fish!!!!!!!!!
thankyou to you both for letting me come and visit and just see what beautiful fish you have ;) :thumbsup: Thanks guys

Cheers
Luke

yippy
01-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Was really good meeting you and your wife Luke :)

Bruties kids are attacking a snail as I type this - little buggers. And my female BD laid eggs on her own just after you left here - lol - shes desperate for a man lol

Rod
01-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Luke,

hey no probs mate, was a pleasure to meet you and your wife.

Thanks for the nice comments about the fish, glad you enjoyed looking at them.

kenoz
01-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi all

Happy new year to everyone.

My Christmas present finally arrived today - WRIGGLERS!!! It was worth waiting for; the parents are BT's in a community tank. They are the ones who decided to lay eggs during a chat session in November. I had no idea they had been laying again, until I went to do a water change today - and there were about 50 wrigglers. Unfortunately I'm now down to about a dozen, but my other half is so excited that we are going to buy a breeding tank this afternoon.

Photographically, not much - here is one parent with a few swimming around.

I'm getting ready to pass out the cigars.

Cheers from Ken.

kenoz
01-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Here's another shot of mum or dad - you can actually see a wriggler just above the eye. It's funny, the tank contains 3 BT's and 4 Malboros, all about the same size (and I assume age), yet 2 of the BT's have paired up. The other parent is in the top left, obscured by the large crypt.

I have to say that watching discus wrigglers is incredibly more rewarding than growing baby koi (I had about 250 of those which I sold only 2 weeks back).

ping
01-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Wow .. congratulations ....
How are you doing ? I have not seen you for long time ... :)
Yeah, watching the wigglers and parents is really fun. I can watch for hours ;D

Regards,
Ronny

April
01-11-2004, 01:51 AM
hi Ken. cool great to see. kkeep it up.

Rod
01-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Well done Ken, awesome sight isn't it? Nice pairing :)

Rod

Mattzilla
01-11-2004, 06:13 PM
congrats ken!!!

all the best with the babies

matt

yippy
01-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Nice ken - where you been anyway? We need an absent note from your mum!!!

yippy
01-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey Pril, like my MEW name???

scottwheels
01-12-2004, 06:59 PM
LOL, reminds me of Mooball in northern NSW. The cafe, powerpoles, everything in town is painted in cowhide theme.

April
01-12-2004, 08:24 PM
nice name Kerry. that is where kerry wants to move me to Scott. to mooball. hmmm. think i will stick to my cows store shirts. ;D ::)

yippy
01-13-2004, 04:31 AM
Yeah, been to Mooball - cute little town - thought it would suit Moopril - lol

kenoz
01-14-2004, 06:50 AM
My 22 yo daughter has car seat covers in immitation moo hide. Hmmm.... sorry Kerry - not quite kosher.

How's Brutie sans missus?

Still seeking a breeding tank which will fit - somewhere????

yippy
01-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Well ken, Brutie is divorced, 300 kids gone to lfs, 200 more here in 2 spare tanks - got a new tank yesterday - a plexi glass or whatever it is - so half in that, half in another one.

i have homes for the other 200 - just gotta get around to delivering them, been real busy with work.

i got the new tank for breeding some more crowntail bettas, so when all the devil kids are gone, ill be betta'd up again!!!

Kerry ;D

Hey, does anyone wanna start an aussie chat again the near future????

ping
01-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Wow, another tank. How big is the new tank Kerry ? ;D

Chatting ... no ones there ... LOL ;D
Count me in ...

Ronny

kenoz
01-15-2004, 04:47 AM
I was in chat at the appointed time on Monday - fearful of the wrath of Kerry - and no one was there. I saw Ping was logged on at one stage, but otherwise missing in action. Monday night is as good as any, and I thought 9:30 EDT was OK, especially for the banana benders. Sandgropers have to manage as best they can! Anyone got any ideas otherwise? :-)

ping
01-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Hi Ken,

I was there ;D .... login 3 times.... but did not see anymore ... lol .. i dont know the exact time of chatting .. so i just bumped in ... ;D

Ronny

yippy
01-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Sorry Ken, I go on the U.S. chat now, you guys never show up. ;D And we have more fun and they know more about fish :blockhead:

And dont try getting Ping in there cause hes one of "the big guns" like us now too. :P

If you get lonely on Monday night, just yap to @mars - lol

Sorry, kidding, I couldnt help myself, its all the stress of being a grandma to 500 of Bruties kids. ::)

Yeah, Monday night sounds ok, depends on how tired i am from the US chat, all the fun we have its hard getting away. lol

Kerry ;D

yippy
01-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I forgot to tell you Ken, @mars is great to chat with. He never argues, or gives bad advice - in fact, he will let you do all the talking :gossip: lol

But really i wanted to tell you that Brutie got very very aggressive towards me, he torpedoed my arm last week and went straight out of the tank and landed on the carpet :o

Hes so slimey, i had to pick him up with a tea towel. So Mrs Brutie went back to shop, with 300 kids, still 200 here, want some??? FREE - in batches of 50. ???

No i have them sold, but the guy wants them a bit bigger. Hes back to his old self now, my Brutie, he was getting a bit sick of being a dad, i couldnt catch 2 fry, theyre quick little buggers, and they are MIA now.

So i have best mate back, and we're all happy again.
:angel:

Well about chat, Monday sounds good, we havent had a yap for ages, so if 8.30 qld time suits you, then its a done deal!

Ill start spreading the word. ;D

April
01-18-2004, 01:31 AM
Kerry..your a good word spreader... i heard it spread all the way here in canada!!! i will wake up...with a few rules..
there has to be at least..3 aussies in chat..
now get on there you guys!! i gave up ...gonna hang out in canoz...tlll you guys get on there.!!!

yippy
01-18-2004, 06:32 AM
Come on guys, this is your last chance before we dump you for the "big shots" on the U.S. chat for good.

And that includes you Rodney - no "got home from golf late" or other excuse.

Pril is coming all the way from Canoz for this - 9.30 EDST -
8.30 Qld time.

Kerry :whip:

ping
01-19-2004, 03:19 AM
What time is the chatting in Perth time ?
I will be there :)

Ronny :)

yippy
01-19-2004, 04:42 AM
Ping, 6.30 your time, your 2 hours behind me.

Kerry ;D

April
01-19-2004, 11:35 AM
ok so you all partied without me!!!!! :'( well... i was in lah lah land. counting fish!! what can i say...i needed my beauty sleep!!! couldnt make myself get up.
waaaaaaaaaa.
well that was just a practise run to see if you aussies would get on chat. i will be there next time.. for the real chat!!! ::) ;D :P

yippy
01-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Well if last night was any indication of what the future holds, i may have to bring in a few of the "big shots" to teach you guys how to chat and do w/c's at the same time. ::) :blockhead:

I mean - we cant have some members leaving the chat because of flooded fish rooms and stuff - this is serious business this chat - getting to know your fellow members a bit more.

:spank:

None of that on the "big shots" chat, heck, we even deliver babies there!!!!

Pril, we just have to hope they can learn a few pointers from the "top guns"

Kerry :funny:

BlueTurquoise
01-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Sorry I was not present. I was online though and totally forgot about the Monday night chat.

I was helping someone in Washington with fishy problems...

I will try next time...

yippy
01-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Sure Chong, whatever you say ::)

Kerry

BlueTurquoise
01-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Gee Kerry has been very nice to me of late. I must commend her for being such a jolly good fellow to me ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK OK I will try hard to be there next Monday! :-\

April
01-19-2004, 07:15 PM
heh chong thats great. and iw ill try hard to wake up just in your honour!!!

yippy
01-19-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah but Pril, remember we have to have a couple of the "big shots" in as well, just to show how to chat, deliver babies, and do w/c's without flooding (not mentioning any names of course).

Rod
01-20-2004, 03:47 PM
LOL Kerry, Wonder who you are referring to about the flooding:D No worries, i know what i'm like so i have designed my fish room to be flood friendly, no wonder my wife only allows 1 tank in the house ::)

Chat was fun, hopefully i can join in next Monday as well.

yippy
01-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Well Rod, I promise I never told carey or Jeff or anyone about your flood?

Or did I??? Umm, I forget, we were all excited about Orients bubbie.

Kerry ;D

ari_wh
01-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi there

I thought I would post pics of my fishie up here in Gove. I have 2 tanks, both planted.... no CO2 or anything fancy like that, cause the water is far too soft. But the plants seem to like it, I think the gravel is the key :thumbsup:

Don't mind the peppery pigeon blood.... we know he is mongrel, but Scott loves him anyway..... (for some weird reason!!)

ari_wh
01-21-2004, 08:25 PM
oops... the mongrel fish is on this photo... not the previous one....

p.s. the updated photo of Ella is coming.... I hope to take some on the weekend.

April
01-21-2004, 09:55 PM
wow Ari.. your tank looks very nice. im sure your mongrel pigeon blood thinks he looks just fine. very nice seeing a group of adults swimmin in a tank with plants.
they look very happy . :thumbsup:

luke_potts
01-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Very nice ari!!!!!!!
the fish and the plants look to be loving their new home!

cheers
luke

Rod Coleman
01-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi Ari

That planted tanks looks like a dream - well done!

Well guys,
I've been a bit quiet lately ... but not slacking off. Just put the shelving on my new rack and have new babies from a pair I've been keen to breed. The mother is a blue turq (looks like a royal blue pattern) and the father is F1 wild green X wild blue. They make a nice pair and great parents. The hammering hasn't bothered them at all.

Regards
Rod

ari_wh
01-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks all,

Well, since we can't really breed discus up here, due to difficulties of sending them back and also tank real estate, so we might as well do a planted tanks. They are a pain to clean, although we don't have to worry about nitrate as much, compare to BB Tank.

Rod (coleman),
That pair sounds interesting.... Post some pics, if you can... when the babies get a bit bigger.

April,
The mongrel pigeon blood is a pain!! He kept on eating eggs in the tanks, but would not let any other male fertilise any. I think we have some frustated males in the tank because of him.....lol. Oh well, I still don't know why Scott loves him so much..... ::)

yippy
01-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Niiiiice Ari. Wheres Ella?

Vranthis
01-24-2004, 09:04 PM
hey guys and girls, sorry i havent been on lately, work related.

Just though i would let ya know you will have to update the map of aussies as i have just moved to bundaberg qld.

Hope everyone has a good australia day

cheers

yippy
01-26-2004, 02:16 AM
I had a great aussie day. Beach, pool, then had a few beers on chat with Rod :) And yapped to the "big guns" ;D

Kerry

Rod Coleman
01-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Folks,

Here are some pictures of my pair with the new babies

The mother is in the foreground.

Rod Coleman
01-26-2004, 08:23 AM
I went away for a few days just when I would have started feeding bbs so I was pleased to see that the parents had done the right thing and cared for their babies without kicking up a fuss.

Rod Coleman
01-26-2004, 08:28 AM
I fed them some frozen bbs today and they seemed glad to eat them. They will still have to wait until after midnight tonight for the fresh shrimps to hatch out.

Regards,
Rod

Multiclone
01-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Sorry Kerry, wanted to chat but had a major storm up here last night 50 mm of rain plus some hail. You must have been able see it from your place did it hit you down on the coast.
All these fish having fry and eggs all of a sudden, must be something in the air or water maybe both. Our Snakeskin & Fire Ruby's fry became free swimming today, a pair of pidgeon bloods eggs hatched also which she ate :'(, they are only young yet each spawning they last a little longer, maybe next time. Also a pair of Blue Diamonds have layed their first eggs tonight. He was quite confused, she was laying on a cone and a pipe, he was fertilizing some and eating some, it was quite chaotic for a while, in the end they all were eaten by him and other fish in the tank. Overall they did an excellent job for the first time.

Regards
Geoff

ari_wh
01-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Hello...

Here is Ella's photo with Roots T-shirt. She was not very happy when I took the pics because of her teeth. I think they are about to come through.... I can feel them under the gum... Isn't she cute? She just had the right denim short to go with the T-shirt....

ping
01-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Very nice tanks Ari :) That mongrel discus really knows how to put himself in the picture LOL ;D
Cute little Ella :) How old is she now ?

Rod, very nice pair. Looks huge :)

Regards,
Ronny

ari_wh
01-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Ronny,
She is 7.5 months old. Getting heavy, although she is still considered small according to aussie standard... Well, blame that on her mum's gene....lol.
The Mongrel discus has his own character. He is always friendly to us.... and say hello. That is why he is always at the front of every pics we took....lol

Rod C,
Nice pair... Would love to see how the babies turn out.

April,
What do you think about her in roots T-shirt????

April
01-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi Ari and scott and my niece Ella!! she looks adorable in the roots shirt. : ) of course she;d be adorable in anything. 8)
Well... shes a little girl...so you dont want a big oaf... lol.
when you get a little boy he can get his dads genes..and be big!! just think if you got a big girl and a tiny boy??
so far your following the "how to book " on building babies perfectly. ::)
thanks for the pic.. i will save it to my ella scrapbook on my puter. ;D

Rod
01-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Hi Ari,

Boy little Ella is growing up so fast, 7 1/2 months already!! She is looking very cute.

Having babysat that sooty PB of yours for awhile i know exactly why Scott loves him so much. personality plus that fish, always there to greet you and a very large fish, everyone that saw him had a comment to make good or bad, but he always attracted attention. I love him...lol. Graet photo of your tank btw, those clean pb's look fantastic...well they all look fantastic :)

Hi Rod,

great looking pair there mate, that female blue turk is gorgeous. What breed is the male?? he looks kinda wildish...great shape and he does look big. Bet they give you great looking babies.

Rod

Rod Coleman
01-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Hi Ari - it will be nice to see how ALL these babies turn out LOL. You'll have to wait a bit longer than me though..

Hi Rod - the male is one of the fish I bought as "F1 wild blue x wild green Coari". Those who know about these things say nobody collects in Rio Coari but they do look close to wilds so I guess their parents came from somewhere in the jungle. I have another three and they are all big males. I've been hoping to breed this pair to see what happens with some wild genes in the blue turq line.

Regards
Rod

yippy
01-28-2004, 01:55 PM
OOOh Ari and Scott, she is so gorgeous, gonna be a heart breaker when shes older.

Hey Geoff, No worries, i didnt make it either. Big storm wasnt it.

Rod, Goeff said the coffees gone cold and the cakes gone stale. We were meant to visit remember lol
Oh well - i dont mind stale cake ;D

Multiclone
01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Kerry! Stop cooking up these storms.

ari_wh
01-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Rod,
You are just being nice about that pb. Oh well... he is here now... I could not get rid of him then... so we will have him till he dies.... which is going to be awhile yet, since he is the boss of the tank.... Never mind, maybe I can grow to like him (not!!).

Kerry,
That is what we are worried about.... Ella is going to be a heart breaker...lol. We are proud of her and she is learning new things every day... Now, she can pull herself up to standing position like a pro.... Hhhmm... won't be long now, before she can walk..... yikes!! :o

April,
That is what I kept on telling myself..... good thing she is not boofy like her daddy....lol. That would be tragic, I think. I hope she has my metabolism too....

ping
01-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi,

I posted my discus pictures :)
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=16007;s tart=0
Hope you like it :)

Ari,
I love your Mongrel discus ;D. He looks cool and huge. :)

Regards,
Ronny

Dang_long
02-01-2004, 07:52 AM
hey all ya guy n gurl,

please check the buy, sell and trade forum section n give some opinion to see how much i can sell my discus setup for....since you guy n gurl know how much are worth.... ??? ???....by the way i live in melbourne, springvale if any of you heard of it lol

yippy
02-02-2004, 03:13 PM
LOL @ multiclone - :D

Im sorry Geoff, didnt mean for them to go out your way. ;D Cool pic tho. I cant believe all the storms we're getting - its actually COLD here this morning.bit of a shock to the system. Weve been lucky, no storm damage around here, seem to bypass us here - well i in the recipe I made I set the storms up that we were missed.!! :book:

I'll try getting out there this weekend and checking those fish out, but Ill call first - dont make any cake and coffee just yet, that was Rods fault too BTW. :coffee:

Any fry happening out your way Geoff???

Kerry

Multiclone
02-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi Kerry,
It's not stopping 3 inches of rain the last 24 hrs.
Had some trouble with my fry just going near the tank threw some of them into a "fit" doing somersaults careering around the tank they would go white, lose all colour then sink slowly to the bottom of the tank. I lost 7 in one day. I knew it was some sort of shock. After searching and enquiring I came to the conclusion it was osmotic shock in short a lack of minerals in the rainwater causing a lack of electrolytes. I added minerals and within 12 hours they had improved dramatically there are a couple still not looking too good but there has been a dramatic improvement.
On a good note 2 pairs have just laid eggs one pair last night and another tonight.
Don't feel rushed about coming up here when you have a spare moment. I know it is really Rod's fault leading you astray :thumbsup: I will :spank: when i see him the only trouble is he would probably like it. OOPS forgot he will probably read this, errrr just kidding Rod :-[ LOL. Thanks Rod for the advice with the Marlboro Red she is looking better already. Looking forward to seeing the fish.

Geoff

ecc.oldlady
02-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Whats all this aussie aussie aussie about?
Do we have a subject or are we the subject ;D ;D ;D

New Aussie
Michelle in Brisbane

April
02-03-2004, 11:33 AM
hi there Michelle.. yes you guys are the subject. lol.
its the aussie watering hole . everyone stops in to yabber.. even one strange canadian. thatd be me.
if you have hundreds of spare hours.. theres also aussie aussie aussie 1 and then aussie aussie aussie 2 to read.

lesley
02-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Hello Michelle,

tell us a little about yourself.

Geoff, how about sending some of that rain here!!!!

I plucked up courage to check the water tanks last night, one empty the other with three feet of water - about 7 weeks water (discounting discus).
So I am telling everyone they are going to have organise showers elsewhere, don't get their clothes dirty (unless they don't mind them being washed in discus used water) and watching the clouds anxiously - "please rain, please rain".!!!

Lesley

ari_wh
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Rain?? We have continuous rain for 3 days straight now...... I just could not be bothered going anywhere... not that I can.... I think carrying little baby around is giving me back problem!!! >:( Gee... I wish I was still in Brisbane.... I would be getting a massage every day.....!!

So.... I am happy that it is raining.... although it would be nice to have sunshine in between..... Unfortunately, up here.... when it rains it pours!!

BTW, I can't do any chat on Monday night now.... I have pilates class from 7-8. My back is killing me, so I have to do something about it and I heard pilates is great for bad back.... Gee... I am not even that old!!!!! So, I might talk to you all every now and then.

Michelle,
Welcome!!! We are a crazy bunch here.....

ping
02-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Send some rain to Perth ;D. :)

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to Simply :)

Regards,
Ronny

Multiclone
02-04-2004, 02:25 AM
Hi Michele,
Welcome.
Did your scorpions end up breeding ok.
Lesley, as for the rain you will have to ask Kerry about that it's all her doing. I got the telescope out last night and I could swear she was dancing around a cauldron at about midnight. LOL

Geoff ;D ;D ;D

lesley
02-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Well then,

when Kerry comes to visit I shall make sure that she brings her cauldron with her!!!

do you think your cauldron will work long distance Kerry???

ecc.oldlady
02-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Hi Aussie x 3

I am fairly new to discus, only 6mths into fish geek heaven in fact. I have now only got 1 blue turq, 1 pidgeon blood, and 2 golden scorpions, after recently loosing both of my other blue turq to accidental injury under a rock while I was cleaning I think, and my pidgeon blood to no obvious injury but kept getting picked on severely by my male gold scorpion.

My golden scorpions did lay eggs as I thought, (somebody out there must be well read as I have only posted the one message about it and already you have me tracked down), but they were unfertilised, and they ate them on day 2. Sad but a fact of life hey, I am looking forward to the next spawn.
I also keep 2 dwarf guoramis, and 10 neons, and an assortment of siamese fighting fish anywhere you can fit an empty jar
I run a 460 litre tank with a canister filter, I have a giant piece of drifted planted with anubia(?), a gravel bottom, and I keep my ph @ 6.5, have now idea about any other condtion but do a 50% water change 1 a week with rainwater, and a 10% change with tapwater inbetween. The rainwater I collect only after plenty of rain and the roof is clean , or I do a declorinated tap water 2 x week. I test for ph, warm, and add cycle to the water before I add to the tank.
I know this is slack, but I dont have a fish room or any of that fancy stuff I need to do it any better, and we are getting by for now. I hope to get 4 more fish soon as I find something I like, and remove my extras from the tank.
I am also due to get a new koolie puppy in a few days, and will start breeding my other Koolie in march. Busy time ahead.

That is the run down on the ecc.oldlady.

Michelle

luke_potts
02-04-2004, 08:56 PM
welcome Michelle:D

As has been said before we are a mad bunch here on the Aussie thread, it wont take long until you too are are silly as US :angel:

Cheers
luke

ps try to stay clear of the canadians around here lol :P :P :P
sorry pril ;D

April
02-04-2004, 10:04 PM
heh Luke.. i am the one who looks after all my little aussie "subjects" . lol. and if you ever find the weather not quite to your liking..remember your all welcome to move to Canoz. ;D perfect discus water.. perfect temp..and perfect amount of rain. oh and theres a beautiful golf course..about it so far..
heh Michelle..theres a great guy in Brisbane..he has the best discus in the world.!!! their so good..that they even left oz to come to Canada!! so...if you are in need of more discus..you need to see his. : )) he posts on here.. rod or rodney..or rod 1 . not to be confused with Rod Coleman.. although he has nice fish also..and a great guy. but not in Brisbane. ::) ;D or..even if you dont need fish but need an obsessed discus lover to consult with or just to yabber to.
oh..and Kerry isnt too far away...she has a few fish in her house!!!

yippy
02-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi Michelle, welcome to mad house lol ;D

Hey Geoff, use geo liquid in your water, its great, all natural. Adds all minerals and stuff and gets rid of any heavy metals, tho with your set up you wouldnt have to worry about metals etc.

Got that cake cooked yet?

Kerry

Rod
02-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks April for the very embarrassing comments....lol.

Rod

yippy
02-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Dont worry about April Rod, Just keep in mind all the fun we're gonna have tomorrow, visiting you and seeing the fish, pity Pril's too far away to come.

Oh well oneday Pril ;D

I bet the next reply from Pril is

:waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:

Kerry

luke_potts
02-07-2004, 09:05 AM
hi guys,

just a quick question....................................if im doing a w/c on a standard 4' and have got water going OUT at one end of the tank and coming IN at the other end, would this suffice for a w/c. It is a little less time consuming which is not always a bad thing but what do u guys think??

cheers
luke

April
02-07-2004, 11:38 AM
ok thats it Kerry...rub it in!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
there.. no waaaas. hows that?
Rodney..your very welcome. and its all true.. sorry cant take the comments back. lol.

April
02-07-2004, 11:42 AM
well ive done that luke.but for how long are you doing that? you mean on a constant basis...or for an hour?
if you could have some trickling in..and some out..your fish surely would smile from ear to ear. as long as no chlorine etc..might still have to siphon the bottom though.
ok now i answered..someone who has more knowledge can reply.
but ive dreamed of having a grow out tank like that. but due to my flood reputation...i cant at this point.
::)

yippy
02-07-2004, 03:06 PM
The last thing Canada needs is Pril leaving the taps on :yikes:

OK - I gotta go and get ready for my big day out at Rods ;D

ping
02-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi Kerry,
Pictures please :). Wait for me Kerry. Can you pick me up ? ;D
I will be there spiritually ;D

Hi Luke,
Same questions, for how long do you want to do it for ? Is the water aged ?
I did that before, water IN and OUT at the same time. Not coz i intended to do it but coz i forgot to take the OUT hose away ;D. The water in was directly from the tap and it's in winter LOL ;D. Discus went sick ;D.
If it is aged water, same temp, then it will be alright. Maybe good idea, but if you run it longer and constant basis which means wasting water ;D. Maybe like a big drip system LOL ;D

Regards,

Rod
02-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi Luke,

personally never done that method before but a mate used to do just that with his discus. conditioned tapwater in one end and waste water out the other end. He would drain 3/4 of the water first then start refilling while still draining. He didn't bother to use filters with that method, just an airstone and his discus were very healthy and grew well. He water changed twice a day. Seemed a bit wasteful of water to me, but it seemed to work very well for him.

Regards

Rod

lesley
02-08-2004, 03:15 AM
Hi Luke,

I am thinking the same way as Rod - the thought of all that water being wasted sends shivers down my spine!!!

Had a pump problem yesterday, tried to fix it myself, broke a fitting and had to call our plumber, I nearly drove the poor man mad trying to catch all the drips of water in a bucket while he was working. Just as well he's patient and used to me!!!

Lesley

luke_potts
02-08-2004, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the replies guys,

some answers to ur questions

the water is aged and heated to the same temp.
the amount of water that is changed is approx 100L (the 4' is leveled at about 160L)
The change over takes about 35-40minutes
the water is siphoned off from the bottom of the tank

thanks again
Luke

Galina
02-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Is it just me (crazy after loss of my favourite discus) or discus are shaped like Australia?

yippy
02-11-2004, 04:10 AM
Hi Galina, what happened????

Heres apic of you know who to cheer you up. this was on Chinese new year - I popped a bottle of bubbly and the cork hit Bruties tank >:(

Yippy Kerry ;D

yippy
02-11-2004, 06:10 AM
i love you Galina, Love from Brutie :-* :-* :-* :-*

ping
02-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Sorry for your lost Galina :( Hope everything will be alright :)

Nice pictures Kerry :). Lovely boy :)

Ronny

ari_wh
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Ronny,

Are you getting mandarin passion????? Don't forget to post pics!!!! I might be interested to get some as well.....lol.

ping
02-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi Ari,

Yup, i bought some MPs. I will definately post the pics ;D but i have to borrow a camera first ;D.
I dont think that many left, so better hurry up ;D :) It will be out of QT tomorrow !!!! ;D

Check your PM :)

Regards,
Ronny

ari_wh
02-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Ronny,
Tempted... but no rooms for babies. Can squeeze in a few more young adults, but definitely not babies. They need their own tanks and all my discus are now 4 inch minimum. Have to get more tanks.....

Maybe the next lot in.... or maybe when rod breed them.

Mattzilla
02-15-2004, 01:49 AM
hi guys
i realised today that i havn't posted here in ages!!!

all is well, my discus are all growing like weeds which is great...
my little red scorpian ss is not so little anymore and is really starting to colour up nicely..it's very camera shy but i'll get some pics soon

see ya

matt

luke_potts
02-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi guys,

thought i might post a pic of the tank i have painted. As i was saying to Kerry, i have only done it on the cheep, i used the school water based paint mixed wwith some pva glue to the ratio of about 3parts paint to 1 part glue.
I do like the look of the painted tank so i think i will be painting a few more of my tanks, but i will be using some more appropriate paints.

Cheers
Luke

Mattzilla
02-16-2004, 01:10 AM
looks good....
i like the look of a painted blue background

i think i used high gloss enamle paint...sky blue

matt

April
02-16-2004, 02:15 AM
hi matt and luke. sorry i never dragged myself outa bed this morning when you were on msn luke..couldnt make myself. lol.
i wouldnt beleive the online story on my msn at night.. lol.
anyhow hi now. and matt. hi.
and

yippy
02-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Looks good Luke,

Our little msn talks are starting to turn into chat sessions of late.

Hows the weather guys? Its BOILINg up here, even the temp in the ocean down the beach is 28 - they reckon the highest before that was 25 - im sick of it, Im moving to Canoz.

How about it Pril? Perfect weather all year round, not too hot, not too cold, and perfect water for fish. Not to mention the Canmu Racing Carnival coming up ;D

Kerry 8)

See Im so heat beaten I had to edit that for spelling errors :book:

ping
02-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Hello,

It's hot over here (38 Celcius) in Perth. Even hotter when i saw 2 of 6by2by2 on a stand for sale ;D. Hmmmmm ;D.

luke_potts
02-16-2004, 09:02 AM
yes kerry its been VERY hot down here!!!!!!!!
39oC Friday
43oC saturday
42oC Sunday
and 40oC today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

cheers
luke

ping
02-16-2004, 01:30 PM
wow Luke, that's really hot. :o :o :o
I should not complaing with my 38 C or 40 C ;D

yippy
02-16-2004, 02:36 PM
yep shes been a scorcher lately.

Im off :o Im moving to the Republic Of Canoz.

Im packing Brutie up in his travel esky and we're off - wont see us for dust :o

Canozzian is going to be my new nationality. Sorry I cant invite you guys, I have to speak to the dictator there, Pril, and we have to make a decision on who we let in and who we dont - Im her advisor, so we'll discuss it and let you know. :P

i do know one thing, we dont allow too many men into Canoz, so a few of you may get left behind. ???

Sorry, but thats the rules ;D

kerry

yippy
02-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey Luke, our temps are huge too, do you get the humidity like we do? Its been up to 87% humidity here, everything feels damp, plus living near the beach is worse, we get that salty film on the windows etc - the breeze isnt even cool. >:(

Kerry

ping
02-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Humidity is very high in Perth. We had to turn all the lights off at uni as we cant feel the air cond ;D. Nice place to sleep during the day ;D

Ronny

yippy
02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Heres my bedroom for the time being - this heat is making me get alot of HEAT RAGE - LOL

Kerry >:(

Proteus
02-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Can someone turn the heater down.... PURLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

yet another stinker today.... UG!!! 8)

ping
02-19-2004, 08:12 PM
wow .. very nice Kerry :)

Multiclone
02-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Get ready for it Kerry the next 3 days are 39, 39, with a cool 38 C following.
How is the new BD addition going? I sent Rod some photos.

Geoff

ari_wh
02-19-2004, 11:12 PM
I really feel sorry to all of you, with the heat wave and all..... We are not really affected up here, since the temperature is more or less constant and humidity is more or less high all the time. But, having a fully air conditioned house certainly helps.... So, come and join us up here in the top end.

Otherwise.... buy an air con!!

p.s. mattrox, what is a good fish shop in Darwin?? I am planning to go over in mid March. I have to pick up some loaches and cories.

Mattzilla
02-20-2004, 11:12 AM
hey do any sydney aussies have any flowerhorns?? has anyone kept them in the past? i am thinking of buying some young flowerhorns and trying to get a pair as they grow to breed. i really like them.
please let me know of any advice, tips, experiences etc

cheers

matt

April
02-20-2004, 11:23 AM
the only tip i can give you is if you go away for a weekend you will come back to one big fat flowerhorn and the others will be inside of it!! if they get hungry...there goes their companions. :o

ping
02-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi Matt,

I dont have flowerhorn but my dad has ;D. Does this count as having flowerhorns ? They are easy to breed and you will have thousand babies :) You need more tank if you like flowerhorn LOL ;D. One tank per fish. Lucky fish.

Dont throw those babies in the river LOL ;D. They will get fat by eating other small fish LOL ;D.
And then breed like rabbits ;D.

I dont mind with the fish but to keep one on each tank ... nah ... i dont mind to have one good one, but i dont want to spend $$$$$$ ;D.

Ask Kerry about breeding them, it should be the same or similar with breeding red devil :)

Regards,
Ronny

Mattzilla
02-20-2004, 08:23 PM
thanks guys

i'm tossing up between getting some flowerhorns or some more baby discus.... i know what you guys are going to say...there's no arguement...lol

i only have a small tank to set up ....about 60ltrs.....so i guess i could grow out a couple of discus a little then add them to my big tank...hmmmm

that may be the way to go

matt

nalah
02-20-2004, 09:05 PM
:bounce: She's back.... LOL
hi everyone.
as i was telling Matt, I lost a lot of info on my pc when the worm got around, including all my "favourites". couldn't remember my p/w.
but today, WOOHOO... she remembers.LOL.

Been busy as always.
Fish are great. they shouldn't complain anyway, they are in water. MATE!!! this heat is a killer.

My good old faithful turq pair have spawned aeveral times so i have quite a few babies at different stages. the last lot is about 4 weeks old. No more for now - took the cone out.

Rod - my big blue boy is soooo gorgeous. real affectionate with me. but no woman in his life still. The others are great.

April - how are you? still busy with work and all your fish.
You may be able to answer a question for me. I know someone in Canada. Ontario. I looked it up but 2 Ontarios are listed??? one in Toronto and one in Ottawa. they seem very close to each other on the map. or is the map wrong??

Kerry - good to see you're keepin' this thread alive.LOL

Proteus
02-21-2004, 08:18 AM
just thought I would sneak in a quick mention that an australian Discus site started today...

still receiving a makeover, but functional...

Australian Discus Forums (http://www.discusforums.com)

Can someone here send me some stuff (banners, etc to link back to here)

April
02-21-2004, 11:50 AM
HI Pascale!! ok... heres the clincher on your Ontario> Ontario is the province. as in nsw and queensland. so...you need to find the city.
ontario is the largest province i believe. its also far from me. Jason of superior discus lives in ontario. other side of the country. like from perth to brisbane about.
Glad to hear all your fish are doing great. love to see pics of rods big blue fishy. im sure it was meant to be in my tank. : )
well dont be a stranger..pop in more often.

nalah
02-21-2004, 06:18 PM
thanks April. makes sense now.
LOL. yer, Rod's boy is certainly gorgeous and VERY happy here in sydney.LOL He tells me he'd love to visit you but the flight is way too long.

yippy
02-22-2004, 05:05 AM
PASCALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wondering where you got to - good to see you back. ;D

Geoff, hows the heat our your way - we hit 43 yesterday - 41 today - but funnily enought the temp of the ocean dropped from a whopping 28 to 20 overnight- i went down the beach today - it was beautiful in the water. Apparently Tuesday will be cooling down - hope so - ive got a bad dose of heat rage. >:( Got the BD from Rods house on Friday night - he qt'd him for me for a bit longer- hes going great - im really happy with him. ;D

Now Matt, I have some friends here who have got real nice juvie flowerhorns, but one fish per tank as April and Ping said. I saw one of their juvie flowerhorns belt a big oscar up real bad, so id be going for some more of Rods fish if I was you !!!! Although, if I had more room Id get one, I like them, but I have frontosas on the list first, so could be a while. ???

Now, mr Mollyman, where have you been hiding???? Still going to Denver???? See you there ;D

Kerry

Proteus
02-22-2004, 05:21 AM
you bet I will be at Denver... will be there for 3-4 weeks (not just Denver though)

business stuff and doing some stuff with 2-3 of my websites...

you guys should drop in and say hi at the new Aussie dinnerplate forum I put online yesterday... it is kinda rocketing along...

Australian Discus Forums (http://www.discusforums.com/forum/index.php)

yippy
02-22-2004, 07:06 AM
Hey, ease up on the dinnerplate business there Mr Mollyman - lol ;D

Im on the case, you could be in for a big surprise. I went in and had a look, just been busy with my dinnerplates, ;D Ill have a good look tomorrow.

Kerry (better watch out in Denver, i may throw a big dinnerplate at ya) :o ;D

Mattzilla
02-22-2004, 09:07 AM
kez....
yeah i have decided to go with more discus instead of a flowerhorn.... when i have more tanks i'll definately get some flowerhorn...i think they are beautiful!

hmmmmmm......more discus....

matt

Proteus
02-22-2004, 09:09 AM
way to go matt

go them diski's

Mattzilla
02-22-2004, 09:16 AM
molly man do you have msn messanger???
if you do, pm me your mesn address

matt

yippy
02-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Where is everyone ???

Ill be over at simplycichlids if anyones lookin for me - bit more action over there - ;D

ping
02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
LOL Kerry, i went there and no one there ? Must be wrong time then ;D.

Yeah ... more action specially in Gallery section where someone named 'Yippy' is hammering the section with posts LOL ;D.

Ronny ;D

Mattzilla
02-26-2004, 11:09 AM
do any aussies use a UV steraliser on their tanks???

ta
matt

ping
02-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Not me Matt ;D.

I think that Geoff (Multiclone) is using it. Send him a PM.

HTH,
Ronny

yippy
02-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Ping, I cant get a word in over a cichlids, theres more pics from others than me. ;D

Might have to start flooding them with some of mine again.

Matt a few people have told me that UV is not so good for discus ??? maybe you should post in general or pop into chat and ask the big guns. ;D

Kerry

yippy
02-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Wheres all you Aussies ??????

All karked it from heat exhaustion or something. ??? Come on guys, we dont want the foreigners outdoing us aussies in posts. Weve gotta drive Ryan mad and get going so we can get Aussie 4 going.

Kerry :P

ping
02-28-2004, 11:12 PM
hello,

i am still here ;D strugling with the heat.

Ronny ;D

yippy
02-29-2004, 05:13 AM
yes Ping, youre the only trustworthy one here. ;D can always rely on you.

kerry

luke_potts
02-29-2004, 06:08 AM
i'm still here too :D

just that it's been a little cooler down here the last week or so (only about 33-35) so we have benn busy doing things outside 8) 8) 8)

cheers
luke

yippy
02-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Ok Luke, youre off the hook. ;D

Now Matt, hmmmm, guess hes off drinkin somewhere - lol :D

kerry

April
02-29-2004, 01:25 PM
im still here in canoz waiting for the influx of immigrants. carked immigrants at that. lol
the weathers perfect..the water is relaxing..theres fruit dropping off all the trees..and nice rainbow trout swimming in all the creeks waiting for a hook to be lowered in. the birds are singing..in great tunes..and theres discus all waiting for owners.
so whats your guys problem? why arent you immigrating? and an empty golf course with no birds who attack. just song birds.
on a serious note... GUESS WHO WON THE SIMPLY AUCTION FOR THOSE GIANT RED PEARLS!!!!!!! hope Danny ships to Canoz..some person named canaussie won!!!

yippy
02-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah Canoz is a great place - are the barramundi still being kept a s pets there pril. You know Ive been on holidays in Australia for a few weeks - Ill be back soon.

Its good Canoz golf course with the songbirds, they sing to everyone and dont just peck on one person out of the whole Golf Course. ??? Weird that - but anyway, I dunno about letting alot of the Aussies into canoz Pril, theyre not being very patriotic of late. Ill be back soon to help you dictate Prilly.

I went to my friends shop and got a pic of their pet barramaundi yesterday - his names Pat ;D I might bring him over with Brutie, Canoz has different lakes with different water suitable for every fish.

Kerry. ;)

heres Pat - the barra

Mattzilla
02-29-2004, 07:48 PM
i'm still around... and not drunk!!!

i have hit the drink a bit over the last couple of weeks but there are friends to see and parties to go to you know.

my discus on the other hand are full blown alcoholics!!! they have problems that i am currently seeking help for

matt

yippy
03-01-2004, 03:01 AM
What parties Matt ??? Have you been drinking that much you think its Christmas - lol ;D

Pril, Matt needs to dry out before we grant him entry rights to Canoz. :o

Hows the wedding plans coming along matt??? You do remember youre getting married dont you ??? LOL

We love ya, just kidding (sort of)

Kerry ;)

Rod
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
yum yum Kerry, that barra sure look delicous ::)

yippy
03-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Ummmm Rod, you turned cannibal????

Hes Fab Fishe's pet - his names Pat - go eat your dog ;D

Kerry >:(

April
03-02-2004, 03:29 AM
LOL Kerry. surely you cant compare Rod's dog to that fish...
ok i have never eaten baramundi...but think i will stick to trout and salmon.
kinda a cool looking fish.