PDA

View Full Version : how do you get more stars and better name

snakeskin9
12-12-2003, 10:29 AM
hey
i want to get more stars and a better name coral jim brew have blue stars and the name global monerater. it seem childish but i want more starts

thanx jarryd

Larry Grenier
12-12-2003, 10:41 AM
I believe the the number of stars depends on your number of posts. The folks that have posted alot have alot of stars. I believe that Moderator status is awaded to a small number of trusted people that are articulate and willing to help-out (volunteer time).

snakeskin9
12-12-2003, 11:59 PM
thanx very much

brewmaster15
12-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks for help here Larry... right on the money with your answer! :)
-al

snakeskin9
12-14-2003, 09:23 AM
hey brew
how can i become a global monerator i will help with the site if you need me to help.

thanx jarryd

brewmaster15
12-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi Jarryd,
Thank you for the offer of help. Generally what I do when lookin for a moderator is look for people that have demonstrated their willingness to help out, and share their experiences. Many of them have interacted on the board for a long time and have shown that they work well with The members here.

My advice if you are interested in being a moderator here is to participate on the site as best you can, and help people when you have direct experiences that they would benefit from.. In time... The rest will follow.. :)

Being a moderator here is a lot like those stars... Its earned.... In my eyes its one of the most demanding things a person can do on these forums.... and I can't thank the moderators enough that volunteer to do them .... Guess what i am trying to say is ...Being a moderator is a special thing here.

Hth,
al

outlawpc
12-30-2003, 01:05 AM
Its the "junior member" that kills me :D

How about wantabe member, or wiggler member, or tadpole member, or. . . OK, I'll go take my medication now :-)