PDA

View Full Version : Learning with the MISTAKES

Joao
12-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Thanks Carol, for your help on " fry w/ dorsal deformation" topic ,
I have no more worries, they all gone... :'(

Update

My fry were about 2 weeks old, around 18 babies, and the parents start spwaning yesterday. And this afternoon I did the water change. And while I was watching the movie finding nemo , and saw the eggs the parents of nemo had, I was telling my sun: " see is just like the ones we have in here..." and when I look to the tank, I couldn't see any babies, I thought they were behind the driftwood, no , only one around momy ,and she ate him, right in front of my eyes... couldn't belive it!.
so, I think I have to separeted them , and leave the male w/ the fry, so that way they cannot spawn again, I'll put a divider between them, is that right???

I hope someone w/ more exp. can give me directions, I'm sad, but was my fault, I thought they will keep feeding this fry, and the one are comming from the new hatch, but that's not true...

Joao :'(

Carol_Roberts
12-27-2003, 12:32 AM
Sorry about the babies :'( Yes, try the divider next time.

Dkarc@Aol.com
12-30-2003, 04:38 PM
It is common that the pair will eat the hatch of babies if it is a small hatch. They think that it is not worth raising so few babies when they could have alot more in a few days if they are ready to spawn again. They normally eat them when they are about ready to spawn again. You could separate the pair, or just move the babies into their own tank if you think they are all eating BBS. I had this happen to me several times when I had my first few hatches, and the very next day I had eggs on the cone. HTH

-Ryan

nokoto
01-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Me too

My pair eat my first batch too of nearly 100 fry :-(

Along with the eggs

But the third I have now 21 day free swimmers...

They know whats best, mother nature built them that way so they do suceed, so relax your time will come... I promise...

YOU HAVE ONLY FAILED, WHEN YOU GIVEN UP! UNTIL THEN YOUR WINNING!! ;D

Wayne

Joao
01-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Update,

Yes , Ryan, you right.

This pair ate the two week fry, two days after the new batch of eggs. New babies were born and they started swimming around the parents, and they ate them, around 80. I'm realy disapointed :-[, I don't know who ate them, but I think is the female, she is more agressive and plus she's a blood pigeon, and he's a blue diamond, very careful parent, the babies only swim around him, he provides more food for them , and I think the mother gets a kind jelously and eats the babies, probably ???

Joao

Joao
01-03-2004, 02:35 AM
Thank's Wayne, very kind of you. I will do that...

Joao

Joao
01-03-2004, 02:39 AM
I have a huge batch , hope do the things right this time.

what is the best solution, separet the female w/ the divider in the same tank, but the fry will swim to her, because the holes are bigger , or should I take it out of the tank?. After the babies born?

Thank's,

Joao

Carol_Roberts
01-03-2004, 02:46 AM
Try the divider first. If that doesn't work you can pull her.

Joao
01-03-2004, 03:03 AM
Good,
Thank's Carol,

Hope that everyone had a good Christmas, and wish to all the members and fans, a Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year, all the best to you and your familes, Cheers...

In Portuguese we say " Feliz Natal" (merry christmas) " Feliz Ano Novo" ( happy new year)

Joao