PDA

View Full Version : For all you cat people...

Ryan
12-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Here's a couple of our babies...

This is Satine. She's probably the oldest cat here, but a new addition as of yesterday. She wandered up to my aunt's house a couple months ago and she never left. My aunt did not want an inside cat, but this one insisted on going in her house. She told me if I didn't come and pick it up, she was hauling it to the humane society. So I brought her home in my car last night. I showed her the litter box when we got home, and after a few hours of being here she went right to it and used the bathroom. It's pretty obvious to me that she used to be someone's house cat.

This is the calmest, most affectionate adult female cat I've ever seen. She wants to lay next to you wherever you are, she follows me through the house. Today I introduced her to Cookie, our outside cat, and they seemed "okay" with one another.

Oh and by the way, Satine is pregnant, so if anyone wants a big fluffy kitten let me know. Something tells me they're going to be little furballs :)

Ryan

Ryan
12-28-2003, 09:57 AM
This is Spaz, our youngest member. He was born earlier this year. I love this little cat. He loves to rub his face against yours. His mother died when he was just a couple days old, so he was raised by my cousin. I think that's why he's so affectionate and open to people. He learned the word "no" very quickly which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Love them in that kitten stage when you're trying to keep them off counters, curtains, fish tanks... ::)

Notice the tail. He was born this way. People think we slammed it in a door or something when he was little, but the horseshoe shape was natural. I think it adds character. :P

Ryan
12-28-2003, 10:08 AM
This is Cookie. She is our outside cat. She's a little moodier than the other cats, but she's pretty friendly and she tolerates the other cats well enough.

I found Cookie when I moved into this house a couple months ago. The man who lived here before me owned two cats, this one and Sherlock, a big grey and white tom-cat. Sherlock is still around but he's mostly wild and he won't let me pet him. Cookie, on the other hand, warmed up to us a few weeks after being here and started letting us pet her.

Look at those pretty blue eyes :)

Ryan
12-28-2003, 10:12 AM
This is Dita von Butters. She is Spaz's sister and the most stubborn cat I've ever seen. We used to think she was deaf, but she hears the cat food bag just fine, so I think it's a bad case of selective hearing ::) The funny thing about Butters is that her colors are like a negative image of her brother. It's funny when they're curled up together at night on the couch -- it's a huge ball of grey and white fluff with 2 heads and 8 legs.

darcy
12-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Nice lookin cats Ryan!! I'll have to get the new digi workin and post mine!! I still say I like animals more than people!!

darcy

Ryan
12-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Nice lookin cats Ryan!! I'll have to get the new digi workin and post mine!! I still say I like animals more than people!!

darcy

I would love to get a dog but I don't feel like I'm home enough to really devote enough time and attention to it. The cats love my company when I'm here, but they don't mind me leaving for an afternoon. They keep one another company and they don't destroy my house. They are quiet -- I've never heard Spaz or Butters make any noise other than purring. Cookie and Satine make those little chirping/trilling noises, that's about all. So I'm beginning to think these are the best companions for me.

I like people well enough, but I think sometimes the cats are better listeners ;D

Ryan

darcy
12-28-2003, 10:29 AM
LOL get a dog like I got. Most cats are bigger than she is. I take her everywhere to work, on fishin trips,to the bank. Most people love my dog and I have been offered 1000 bucks cash. I didn't take it cause that dog is like one of my kids.

My cats are fairly easy going also, though I do have a fighter in the mix. Mr.President watches over all the animals I have here and if one gets in trouble outside he's there to kick some butt and rescue his buddies. A cat and a dog combining forces on a wild cat is somethin to see. Its weird how they can be ruthless outside and come in and let my two year old carry them around and basically beat the crap outta them and have them like it!! Pic's to follow shortly.
Darcy

jules
12-28-2003, 11:02 AM
I like your newest addition very much, she is very pretty.
Kittens are a joy to watch and play with.

What kind of a dog do you have Darcy?

RandalB
12-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Cats!!?!! :puke:

RandalB

12-28-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL Ryan,

Somehow that: Found one here, got one there.....
sounds very similar to me and my wife.
There are 5 running around here now. 1 Outside, 2 in and out (ergg the whole day opening doors) and 2 inside.

Yours are real nice cat's and I am glad they found someone who cares.

Ronald

darcy
12-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Here's the baby of the bunch.

darcy
12-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Here's Ritchie( Mods should know who this is) He's gettin better I brought him home cause he was lonely!!

darcy
12-28-2003, 11:26 PM
And here's the fighter Mr. President!! Notice the ear that has some missing.

darcy
12-28-2003, 11:28 PM
Last one this is pickles and my daughter Emilee. (Pickles is the furry one)

Ardan
12-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Nice looking cats :D
We have a cat and she has a lot of character. Also has just a very short tail :)
I will try to find a pic. :)

Ardan
12-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Found a pic.

She is an indoor cat, but once in a while, we have a monitored walk down the sidewalk ;D

jules
12-29-2003, 01:05 PM
All very adorable!!

Paulio
12-29-2003, 03:42 PM
This guy was my wifes Sweetests Day present in 1993. He is soooo much bigger than he looks in this picture. He is a lazy lazy critter.

RandalB
12-29-2003, 04:54 PM
You people are making me sick :sick: :puke:. Except the pic of Darcy's Kid and Dog. He's got the right idea for the most part. Now all he has to do is get rid of the cats and he's all set.

Will this thread never end? I'd lock it but Ryan started it...

Oh Well, until Simplycats.com opens I guess I have to put up with it...

RandalB

Ardan
12-29-2003, 05:14 PM
LOL ;D
Well Randal,
I always said, "only fish for pets". We then had kids..... we then had a dog...then a cat....then a guinea pig....then 2 pet mice..... more fish...... ;D

Maybe your kids will want a cat someday ;) (along with the live insect room ;D)
Take care my friend :)

susankay1
12-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Poor Randal....lol. Ok, this one is just for you Randal. This is my Siamese Cat's opinion of all the time I spend with the fish.

Ryan
12-30-2003, 12:41 AM
I have to admit, I was always more of a dog person. But puppies are very high maintenance and I am not home a lot of the time, so I feel like I'd be neglecting them, which is not something I want to do.

The cats basically care for themselves as long as they have food, water, and clean litter, and they keep one another company when I'm not home. They enjoy my company (I have one in my lap and one under my computer chair while I'm typing this), but they don't mind a little alone time once in a while either. They are very much independent creatures.

All that, AND they eat the huge spiders that are in my house. The first night I had Satine, our white cat, she darted under my couch and I heard her crunching on something. Then I found spider legs the next day when I was sweeping under the couch. I knew then and there she was a keeper. LOL.

Ryan

Ardan
12-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Our cat eats spiders too! ;D (I thought it was just this cat)
Yes, the dog is higher maintenance, so are my discus. LOL (but at least the discus don't have to go outside every hour or so ;D

darcy
12-30-2003, 11:06 AM
LMAO Randal.

Ryan yea dog's are high maintenance but fun!!
Eatin spider's lol!! My freakin cats try and bring in mice,bird's mole's... if I only had to watch them bring in spider's that would be great.

Darcy

sjumper
12-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Nice cats. Here is Jello. He is also a house cat. Very affectionate but also can be moody.

Steve_Warner
01-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi all,
Well, here is our resident bug catcher. Of course, this is usually how we see him at work most of the time. ::) He is in training at the moment for the circus. We thought the balancing the ping pong ball on the head trick would get him in for sure! ;D

Steve

Ardan
01-02-2004, 10:02 AM
LOL ;D
The cat is good!

jim_shedden
01-02-2004, 11:48 AM
I would be happier if they could do w/c's

01-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Who wants a cat had been sprayed by a skunk right to the face? The smell is still lingering in the house after a month. Climb up on my stomach and massage my fat belly whenever I felt asleep. Woke me up so many times with that smell in my dream. Just terrible!!!!
Jimmy

NickK
01-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Here are my two Bengals. Big brother is always taking care of sister.

Nick

01-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Look where I found our little Cody today.

Reading his mind: " so we go on a ride or what ?" 8)

Ronald

Elaine_Bryant
01-03-2004, 12:38 AM
I love those bengals!!! We have cats cats cats. 2 are housecats (rescued last winter so we couldn't put them out in the cold) and 5 outside cats that have been around about 10 years or so. They're the smart ones that learned to stay away from the coyotes. "TRAVEL LIGHT IN LIFE.....TAKE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED: A LOVING FAMILY, GOOD FRIENDS, SOMEONE TO LOVE, SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU..............AND A CAT.

jeep
01-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Those Bengals are too cool!

I always said when my three hand-me-down cats are gone, then no more. I may have to change my mind ;)

jules
01-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Pumpkin at 15 years young.
Cats do have 9 lives - she fell from the 11 story while being babysat, thank goodness for the tree which cushioned her fall.

yippy
01-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Cool cats guys. Darcy, your black one looks very comfy on that sofa. :D

heres my cat "Puss", hes lucky to still be with us. He got a real bad case of cystitis 18 months ago, the vet said hed do what he could but more or less said there was no hope. After several operations, and catheters being put in, he came good - the vet said it was the firts bad case he'd fixed, so he was that happy he didnt charge us any money - wouldve been at least $2000 as he was in and out of hospital every week as he kept blocking up. The vet is a member of this world wide vet club thing and asked if we'd mind him taking pics of Puss and posting how he fixed him - so we said yes to dodge the vet bill lol.
He has to stay on 2 types of meds for the rest of his life, but so far, touch wood, we havent had a problem since.

Puss weighs in at a hefty 26 pounds, hes lying down so you cant see his huge belly flopping about - hes too embarrassed about it :-[

Kerry

Galina
01-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Sorry Randal but here we come

Galina
01-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Here we are again

Galina
01-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Lucky and his library

Galina
01-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Sorry, but some more

Galina
01-03-2004, 09:01 PM
So what?

Galina
01-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Now I am sorry for all you guys but promise it is the last two photos

Galina
01-03-2004, 09:09 PM
See, really last one

jules
01-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Yippy: let's invent a girdle for all those kitties in need of support...we could be milllionaires

Lucky is a real cutie...looks like he had a good time on New Year's Eve ;)

susankay1
01-07-2004, 02:44 PM
http://veepers02.budlight.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=24FC07B4-410D-11D8-8EC0-B3EE4054966E

Sorry, you have to cut and paste the above address to your address bar, but it's worth it, I promise.

Hope you enjoy my new toy.

Ryan
01-07-2004, 02:50 PM
http://veepers02.budlight.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=24FC07B4-410D-11D8-8EC0-B3EE4054966E

Sorry, you have to cut and paste the above address to your address bar, but it's worth it, I promise.

Hope you enjoy my new toy.

LOL Susan, I love the Budlight Veepers thing. I have done those on other message boards, but I've never made my pets talk. What a cute cat.

Ryan

jim_shedden
01-21-2004, 07:59 PM
http://users.abcs.com/townsend/cat-kettle.htm

this is a joke ....so please take it that way

jim