PDA

View Full Version : Switching from live foods to beef heart

M0oN
01-01-2004, 10:02 PM
I've been feeding my discus live california blood worm for about 2 weeks now and just recently got around to making a beef heart batch for them...however they completely ignore anything that isn't a CBW...does anyone have any experience with weening their fish off of live foods, or any tips for that matter?

Carol_Roberts
01-01-2004, 10:24 PM
The discus are spoiled and will have to get really hungry to eat other foods now. Feed other food from breadfast on. Feed a few cbw at night as last meal. Don't let beefheart set in the tank too long it really fouls the water.

M0oN
01-04-2004, 02:09 PM
It's been two days now of feeding small pinches of beef heart throughout the day and a decent portion of blood worm before lights out, only two of the discus are taking the beef heart, should I continue to wait or are they going to starve themselves to the point of where they're unhealthy?

Carol_Roberts
01-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Feed cbw at the last meal of the day to keep them eating something until they get used to the other food.

Kevin11d
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
My 9 discus will only eat cbw and nothing else!!!
My only concern is that will they be fine if they only eat cbw?

I have noticed that some of my bd have really large fences!!!(the size of a pencil in diameter). Is that normal?

Thanks
Kevin

SSTurner
01-06-2004, 02:23 PM
It was quite normal for the BD I had.