PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide-Cary's Fish

iceskater
01-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi,
I am in the process of getting more fish from Cary. Currently I have rose red, red melon, bdxsnake,2 BD, and 2 golden pidgeons.
Of these my favorites are the red melon and golden pidgeons.

Here are my choices:
Red White, blue panda, violet reflections,red royal, tangerine,gold diamond, red snake, blue snake and marlboro's.

I am planning on getting 5 of them. I want to mix them up. Anyone received any of these lately? Would appreciate pictures if anyone has them of blue panda, red royal, gold diamond, red & blue snakes.

Cary if you are reading this are the marlboro's gold or red?

Thanks for input want to decide by tomorrow and have them in my tank by next Saturday.

Karen

I am so excited I want to make good choices. so looking for input.

Karen

jules
01-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Do the Violet Reflections have dark blue trim along their fins? They are really nice.

Wahter
01-02-2004, 08:04 PM
I enjoyed seeing Cary's snakeskins when I visited his place.

Rod
01-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Violet reflections are stunning discus ;)

01-02-2004, 08:36 PM
All his fish are very nice, but i really like the blue pandas. They are a sweet, sweet fish IMO.
What ever you get, im sure you will be happy with them as they are all great stock.
HTH, Matt

iceskater
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Ok,
Here is how I am leaning now. Red White, Violet Reflection and Blue Panda. Still open to suggestions. I am only able to afford 5 now, so it looks like it will be 2,2,1. Now the decision is which one will be sole discus. Or should I still really mix them all up. Keep posting ideas. I sure would love to see a picture of a blue panda.

Karen

Carol_Roberts
01-02-2004, 09:01 PM
I think you should get 2 red/white, 2 Violet reflections and a blue panda ;D Then you'll have a red, white and blue tank 8)

jules
01-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Carol you are truly patriotic ;)

There is a picture of a Blue Panda on Jack Wattleys site.

http://www.wattleydiscus.com/pictures.htm

iceskater
01-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks Jules,
Ok here is the latest. Almost took your idea Carol and still may as of right now, it is 2 red white 2 blue panda's and 1 violet reflection. I think the violet reflection may be to much like the BD and I alreay have 2 of them. Cary sez they will be more violet. I still kind of want that tangerine. This is real real hard. But I have to decide before long, if I want them in the tank next Saturday. Keep the discussion open, I am still open minded.

Karen

Ardan
01-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Well , I was there 2 wks ago, and well, you can't go wrong with any of his fish. http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=14961

I bought some small golden yellows of his and some small golden melons and some small blue ss. They are doing great and are very active and eat like they are part shark! :o ;) ;D
I like them all and I liked all the fish he had. Very nice!
have you talked to him to see if all those are available? I am not good with the names and strains (memory fails especially when its overwhelmed with so many fantastic fish ;D)

I am sure you will enjoy them no matter which ones you get. :D

Dazoc
01-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Karen,
I had the same problem today before placing my order. Just too many fish I want. In the end I went with 3 vr's 3 tang and 3 blue pandas. I also added some rams. I can't wait till tuesday. Woo Hoo. Good Luck on your selections.

Eli

chinoz
01-03-2004, 12:59 AM
buy all of his fish ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jason
01-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Buyem
ALL!

iceskater
01-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Ardan,
That is what he had as of yesterday anyway. I will be placing the order sometime this morning.

Carol,
I think I am going to mix them all up... 1 red white, 1vr,1 blue panda, 1 tangerine and 1 gold diamond or red snake. Keep in mind, once they get a bit bigger I will have 3 tanks and can color coordinate at that time.

Karen

ping
01-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Hard choice ;D I am with Jason...Buyem ALL ;D ;)

heavyp83
01-03-2004, 12:56 PM
I'll let the picture do the talking.

;D

iceskater
01-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi Pete,
Now what kind of discus is that. I do not think it is on my list of choices is it.

I do have some of Cary's fish. I really love the coloring of my red melon. It is a beauty.

I am still not decided. I have till Monday to decide. I spoke with him today and nothing is running short.

Currently, I am thinking 1 red-white, 2vr,1 panda, 1 gold diamond. who knows what I will do come monday.

Karen

Rick_May
01-03-2004, 07:29 PM
This is what I did. Simply call Cary and tell him to suprise you. You can't go wrong, I totaly trust Cary to hook me up. Just tell him how many you want.

Rick_May
01-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Oh, one other thing. Cary just can't count so you won't get what you ask for anyway. Last order I place I just told him I want 9 fish and he wasn't even close.

iceskater
01-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Rick,
Well I hope he miss counts but only by 1. Will not have a lot of room for the QT....

I do not think I could take such a surprize but it sure would be a treat to open them bags.

Actually, even when I ask for what I want, I will still be stunned all of them are discus I have never had before just saw pictures.

Can barely wait. A second Christmas.

KAren

iceskater
01-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi All,
Thanks for the input. I am almost sure I have decided. I have liked the way the PB have colored up along with the Blue Diamonds. I will be anxious to see how these color and how they all look mixed.

My choices are:
1 red-white, 1 blue Panda, 1 VR, I gold diamond and 1 marlboro.

Karen

Willie
01-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Karen;

Since you like an assortment anyway, I'd go with the recommendation to have Cary pick them out for you. We've taken several shipments in Minneapolis from Great Lakes Discus. The people who asked Cary to pick always got the best fish.

Willie

iceskater
01-03-2004, 11:49 PM
HI willie,
I would consider that but I do not want duplications of fish I already have. And some of the fish he has which I did not list would be duplicates. I am fairly new at this and want a big variety so I can decide which ones I really really love and perhaps try breeding one day.

I have notified Cary. My choice is made and I am happy

See my last post. I am thrilled and can not wait.

Karen

Pick
01-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Be sure and post some photos when you can! I have 2 friends that have gone in together on a few orders from Cary and this time I'm going to try to talk them into letting him surprise us. If not then I know I'm going to let him surprise me with a few!

TC

brewmaster15
01-04-2004, 10:05 AM
You'll Love them all! I just got some of the red/whites in yesterday :)

-al

iceskater
01-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Al,
Ok so where are the pictures? You know I am dying to see them.

I will post pictures of mine as soon as I am able to. Countdown 6 more days and I get some new little ones.... Seems like forever since mine were little... And other days it seems like yesterday..

Karen

brewmaster15
01-04-2004, 11:24 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=15315;s tart=0#lastPost

:)

-al

Willie
01-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Smoking! :D

Willie

iceskater
01-04-2004, 10:58 PM
And she changes her mind again. Guess who just wrote Cary an email and changed her order yet again. He will think I am nuts.

1 red-white
1 blue panda
1 violet reflection
1 gold diamond
1 RED MELON- Yes, Al your pictures convinced me and I swore I would not get a duplicate of a fish I already had....

Some one keep me off this board till I get those fish on Saturday or Cary will pull his hair out...

Karen

April
01-05-2004, 03:35 AM
you guys are all very lucky!!
i too have gotten a few grab bags and i always got great fish!!
so let us know what you get... cant wait.

ping
01-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Nice discus Pete :)

You guys are all very lucky ;)
I hope that i can give Cary a call one day ;D ;D

Regards,
Ronny