PDA

View Full Version : Non-emergency...

jeep
01-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Question...

Approx. 8 month old discus starting to appear a little stunted. In the beginning, growth was fine. Recently it's starting to look a little smaller than the others its age. Eyes are starting to look out of proportion. Starting to look a little skinny, yet belly is not sunken in and always looks like there's food in it. Feces is normal. Always eats like a pig, always plays the typical aggressive juvie games, color is fine and never hides.

Does this sound like intestinal parasites? Symptoms are not consistant with hex. No sign of HITH. Diet is mainly Colorbits and ONF-2. Trying to get them back on beefheart mix but they've become addicted to Colorbits.

I've got some Prazi on hand if this sounds like tapeworm ??? but I was kind of saving it to de-fluke my pairs...

Ideas for treatment?
Thanks,

Brian

Carol_Roberts
01-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Doesn't sound like flagellates - maybe worms. Fluke tabs will get rid of tape worms. Piperzine will get rid of round worms.

May just be a small fish or a female

jeep
01-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks Carol.

I didn't know Fluke Tabs works on tapeworms.

Brian

brewmaster15
01-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi Brian,
has this fish been treated with panacur?

-al

jeep
01-04-2004, 12:17 PM
No, and I'm out of Panacur. I let a batch of beefheart/panacur get freezer burn.

Brian

brewmaster15
01-04-2004, 12:19 PM
drop me an Im with mailing addy ;)

GulfCoastDiscus
01-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Jeep,
Once you get them treated feed cbw 5 to 6 times a day and 50%wc daily and they should gain some weight. You might want to supplement them with colorbits cuz they won't eat nothing else. This is what I do.

Dan