PDA

View Full Version : Life Bearer for Flukes

jules
01-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I just did a 24 hour treatment with Life Bearer for Flukes. A couple little guys have lost their appetite and have been excreting alot of white feces today. Could the Life Bearer be causing them to eliminate some kind of internal worms or is it hex again? They just finished a Hex-A-Mit treatment and were eating bloodworms.

Ph 7.5
Nitrites 0
Temp 92
bb

http://www.aq-products.com/Catalog/DIRECTIONS/LifE%20Bearer.htm

Carol_Roberts
01-05-2004, 11:53 PM
IF it looks like mucous it's probably a reoccurance of hex.

Get your water straightened out and your tank nice and clean. Raise the temp. IF they don't start eating in a few days treat with metro.

Best not to keep medicating the tank.

brewmaster15
01-06-2004, 03:51 AM
Hi Jules,
Lifebearer won't cause what you are seeing. It could be hex again but if mulitiple fish in a tank are passing white feces at the same time and it came on fast Its also very likely its an internal bacterial infection... So far you have treated for hex and flukes...Life bearer will also kill internal worms... If this happened...bacterial infections can follow....Its a guess, the same can also happen from eating Bad food.

How many Fish are affected out of the total? and what size are they? Do the fish look like they are bloated at all and seem like they are passing an incredible amount of white feces for not eating much?

Look in your area for the availibility of kanamycin or erthromycin (also sold as maracyn) ...just in case.

-al

jules
01-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Carol: How high can I rise the temp to? Is 24 hours carbon filtration adequate to remove the meds; combined with the water change?

Brew: looks like 3/4 are picking at the bloodworms this morning. They are 2-3 inches in size and do not appear bloated. 2 did seem to be passing alot of feces during the lifebearer treatment.

I don't want to add any more meds at this time - would salt be helpful?

thank you.

Carol_Roberts
01-06-2004, 08:13 PM
If bacterial you do NOT want to raise temp. Try lots of clean water and salt for a few days - see if they get back on track.