PDA

View Full Version : bring on the gerber

Texmex_discus
01-08-2004, 10:41 PM
If heard lots of recipes about what to feed the fry within their first 5 crucial days in artificially hatching. but I wonder who has a good egg formula because I think I'm doing something wrong or too much of this or too much of that ;D being a cook myself I try adding too much spice LOL

Dkarc@Aol.com
01-09-2004, 05:53 PM
This is Wattley's formula: one hard boiled egg yolk(no white), one raw egg yolk (no white), spirulina, and fresh BBS. mix the hard boiled yolk and the raw yolk together. next add just enough spirulina to turn it a lite green color(dont add to much or it will loose its stickyness). Freeze this concotion. When you are ready to feed the babies, take out only what is needed from the freezer. Thaw the egg and mix in just enough freshly hatched BBS to keep the mix sticky. Then drain 1/2 of the water in the bowl and dry the upper rim with a paper towel. next smear a very thin bead of the egg mix (3/8 inch wide is ideal) along the dried rim. alow this to dry in place for approx 15 minutes. Then raise water level so that the egg is submersed. Now, if the egg mixture is not dry enough it will slough off down to the bottom of the bowl. Next time let the mixture dry a little longer, you dont want it to fall to the bottom of the bowl. You will have to experiment alot with techniques that work for you. For more info, read one of Wattley's books where he explains it better than I. HTH

-Ryan

Texmex_discus
01-12-2004, 04:39 PM
thanks Ryan I had that cover pretty well I just wanted to here also another techniques if they are because as everyone knows egg those foul the water if your not carefull I have read that some other people uses different mixtures at first as for example BBS instead of the EGG others ( taken from the book of Jim Qualles) live rotifers etc etc. I would like to find out more about this subject if anyone has experiment with different techniques.

Also had another curiosity with foods already prepare like SERA that comes in powder and others liquid like wardley do they work?

shamsoo
01-13-2004, 01:50 PM
IM brewmaster he will tell you how to do it ;D