PDA

View Full Version : Questions about deworming

ladyram
01-09-2004, 05:16 PM
I suspect worms in my fish since they are growing very slowly and wasting a lot.

I don't know what kind of medicine use, Discusmed?? or Prazi?? ((impossible to get Panacur in California))

As I don't know if worms are contagious I don't know if I shall treat the whole tank, but if so ¿¿what about the filters?? what kind of product?? prazi or discusmed??

I have another 55 gallon tank with some beauties I just received on tuesday and I wonder if deworming, defluke them and treat them with metro is a good idea or if I should let them like they are, they look very healthy and I bought them from a very serious breeder.
These guys are in quarantine now, but I prefer to let them there than to send them in 6 weeks to the main tank which I suspect has some nasties there

¿¿what do you think??

brewmaster15
01-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Hi,
You can get piperazine online... Its good for a number of worms and can be added to the tank or food.... another option is flubendazole...availible at Florida tropical Fish farm. Flubendazole is usedd mostly in the water but can be added to food as well. It is of the same class drugs as panacur (fenbendazole).

Al Johnson at http://www.rockymountaindiscus.com also sells Piperazine and flubenol(flubendazole).

hth,
al