PDA

View Full Version : ACA Hotel Rates

goldengatediscus
01-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Please be aware that the ACA special "convention rate" of $75 per room/night listed on the ACA website is not the best rate available at the Marriot SE hotel. If you're planning on coming in on Thursday, July 22, and departing on Sunday, July 25, you can get a room rate ( 2 double beds or 1 king) for:
$54 if you're a senior (62 years plus)
$61 if your're a AAA member
$64 regular leisure rate
$74 regular leisure rate including breakfast for 2

If you're arriving before Thursday, the rates may be different, and I suggest booking 1 night at the "convention rate" of $75, then booking the other nights at the cheaper rates above. I used to be a travel agent, and I know that the convention rates are not always the cheapest. The usual cancellation penalties and taxes apply, so please check and be informed when you make the reservation. You can usually cancel up to 24 hours prior to arrival date without penalty, but check specifically at the time of reservation.

The above rates are available at:
www.marriot.com
www.travelhero.com
www.travel-hounds.com
The travel-hounds website lists the $61 AAA rate which includes breakfast aswell. I would double check with them before booking. Marriot does not list the senior or AAA rates. You may have to call them for that if you want to book directly with Marriot. As with any online reservations, please call the hotel a few days after making the reservation to make sure that they actually have your reservation in the computer. There's nothing worse than showing up at a hotel far from home after a long flight to find that they don't have your reservation, and they're sold out!

I would love to attend this year's ACA, but we'll be in Colorado in June for a family reunion, and may have a tough time convincing the hubby that I need to go there again in July!
Brigitte

yogi
01-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Brigitte, Thanks for the tip on how to save money. This thread should maybe be put in the discus mania setion as well.

Carol_Roberts
01-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Good idea Jerry - I moved it so it doesn't get lost in the general section.

korbi_doc
01-14-2004, 01:11 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Thanks Brigitte, I changed my reserv. this am. Wed nite @ conv rate & the rest senior since I'm old & feeble, hahahahahaha. Now if you could just find us a bunch of horses that could actually be ridden instead of just walked we'd be on cloud 9. j/k Tthis latter is evidently a state ordinance, so I'm told & do not really believe. These are the kinds of things that happen in a litigous society. lol, thanks again, Dottie ;D ;D

mench
01-15-2004, 05:50 AM
I called the hotel last nite to change my resv.and was told NONE of those special rates were avalible the ACA weekend.I waited a few hours and tried again,with a different person and was told the same thing.So I guess if ya got your roon changed you were lucky..or maybe the hotel got smart and changed thier rules for that weekend.

Mench

korbi_doc
01-15-2004, 10:13 AM
??? ??? Geez Mench, That's a bummer. I'm told the hotels have just so many rooms for special prices; maybe this is what happened. Maybe I was just lucky. But I'd try again next week, maybe early in the day, who knows you may get someone who'll let it go. Or maybe a travel agent could get thru the red tape. Whatever, seems awfully early for them to do this, Dottie

mench
01-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Dottie,I was told both times that the hotel was just about sold out.So it looks like a LOT of fish folks will be there.

Mench

korbi_doc
01-15-2004, 01:18 PM
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Mench, How can that be?? SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!???????? It's only January for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!! Even an almost is shocking in Jan. :o :o :o :o Guess it was a good thing I committed early, cuz that's why couldn't get to last yrs, waited too long; I am a professional procrastinator!!

Glad your in anyway, lol, Dottie 8) 8) 8)

mench
01-15-2004, 02:16 PM
No prob Dottie,we have had our rooms since last Aug!!!! I didn't want to be the last one Hee Hee

April
01-17-2004, 12:12 AM
KERRY!!! GET OUR ROOM BOOKED!!!!
or the park bench for you!!!

yippy
01-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Ok Pril - SETTLE PETAL ::) Geez :P

Its all booked, paid for, what else do you want me to do, come and pack your bags for you!!!!!!!!

Just dont snore - ok - lol, and hope you like huge parties in your hotel room ;)

Kerry

Sorry I meant AAAAAAAAAAAAApril

And I hope Caaaaary, and Gllllllllenn and Ooooooooooooooooorient have their rooms booked tooooo!

From Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery ;)

yogi
01-17-2004, 02:46 PM
I called the 800 number instead of the hotel. They showed rooms still available at the convention rate and the AAA rate. But he couldn't tell how many rooms were left. He told me to book all three nights at the AAA rate because it is cheaper. So thats what I did.

He also said I can cancel up until 6:00 pm July 22nd. But I need to call the hotel to cancel not the 800 number.

yippy
01-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi Yogi, yeah when i called, the Marriott in Denver answered and i got the special rate, then i called back to pay for it (well i had to make sure you know who was happy with the plans) and i was put through to a main Marriott number. He said all was ok but couldnt tell me how many rooms were left as he wasnt actually at the Denver Marrriott. As Im in australia, i didnt know it was 2.30 am when i called, so I presume the free number would be the same thing. I cant get the free number from here, but i think thats what happens.

So probly best ringing the other number as they know whats happening.

Kerry :)

yippy
01-17-2004, 03:24 PM
If thats confused anyone Im sorry, because it confused me ???

But the people at the un-free number know more!!!

Kerry ::)

goldengatediscus
01-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Glad to hear that members are saving money with the AAA and senior rates. You can use the savings to buy more fish! Call the 800 Marriot number for the savings instead of calling the hotel directly!
Brigitte

April
01-17-2004, 11:58 PM
ok.. now April your bunky just needs to find airfare!!!
either that or sprout wings quickly... or maybe i can find some water arteries to float down.. and portage.. my way there??

yippy
01-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Pril just float down the coast on your raft - and rembember

NO SNORING >:(

Kerry

fishfarm
01-22-2004, 10:09 AM
FALSE ALARM! The hotel is not full! The 800 number had a problem, but there are still plenty of rooms available, call the hotel directly Phone: 1 303-758-7000. Ken

Proteus
02-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Going through an Agent as well (for those outside the U.S.) can usually get a better rate as they have access to wholesale rates...

HTH