PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pink Dots

iceskater
01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
My New fish has 2 pink dots about the size of a pencil tip above the lip. It is the fish in my avatar. I just noticed it a few minutes ago. I do not believe it was there earlier. I seem to remember another one of my fish having something similar, it went away. Does anyone know what it is? What causes it? And should I treat it.

Thanks Karen

iceskater
01-11-2004, 10:39 PM
For those of you who read my topic on Angel fish, this seems nothing like that dot.

Karen

iceskater
01-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Decided to add a picture. There is another one on the other side, the actual dot is smaller than it looks it this picture and light pink in color.

Carol_Roberts
01-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Lets just watch it for a day or two and see if it goes away. He may have bumped his nose either in transit or when newly in tank.

CARY_GLdiscus
01-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Hi Karen,
Its only a broken blood vessel! it will heal in time. no treatment needed! :)

iceskater
01-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Morning Carol & Cary

It is gone this morning.. ;D ;D

All is well still. The gold diamond is not eating that I can see but does not look stressed at all. Perhaps it is eating when I am not looking. They now eat brine shrimp, ONF1 and bloodworms. Because of the size difference I still am unsure how much to feed them at once, so over the last 2 days I fed them real often and small amounts. Today I have to go back to work I will be able to feed this morning till about 11 but hubby will have to do a few more

Thanks
Karen