PDA

View Full Version : Background Colors

wilyeo
01-13-2004, 04:20 AM
I was just wondering if background colors determine the color sharpness of my discuses. I presently have a black styrofoam background. I find that only my Marlboro outshines the rest (leopard,turquoise,blue diamond) The Marlboro is quite pepperish too at the face. Anything to do with the background color?

Any suggestions? Change the background or should I use a color enhancer to enhance the discuses. They are about 3" and 4" in sizes.

If I do use an enhancer, should I enhance them seperately or use the whole tank and enhance them all.

Please 'color enhance' the ignorance of an amateur.

henryD
01-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Background color will effect all pigeon based discus. In your case the Marlboro will show less peppering if you have it in a light colored background. Light blue or white background seems the most effective.

As for using color enhancers. Most of use do it without realise it. It is in the commercial foods that we feed. It depends on what your trying to achive. There are aditives to increase blue color and red color. So if you have a red based fish and want to enhance it more than feed red color enhancers. If you want to enhance the blue then feed blue color enhancers. So to answer your question. No I would not feed them the same enhancers.

Henry