PDA

View Full Version : Juvenille blue diamond not growing.

M0oN
01-16-2004, 06:29 PM
I had a recent outbreak of hexamita in my large tank and had to treat with metro. All of the discus are doing excellent but one juvenille blue diamond I have has not shown any growth at all, it's only been two days since I stopped treating for hex and I understand that it takes up to a week for them to get their appetite back. All of the discus except for him have a very healthy appetite and he spends most of his time hiding behind the larger guys facing the back of the tank or following the other two blue diamonds around in the tank.

The discus is only 2 inches in length whereas the others range from 4-7. I'm wondering if they're outcompeting this guy for food?

I have a 29 gallon that will be housing two 3 inch ocean green in a few weeks. Should I consider moving this little guy into that tank before adding the ocean green and growing him out in there or is this an unecessary stress for him? I'm mainly worried about stressing him out too much and causing another outbreak in him.

What does everyone think?

Thanks.

Carol_Roberts
01-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Personally, I would cull him. The rest of your discus in that tank are nearly fully grown. I doubt he will ever catch up.

I wouldn't put him in a tank that will be housing new discus soon

M0oN
01-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Can't bring myself to do it :(

If he doesn't start eating in a week then I'll put him down...if he does then I'll move him to a planted tank, even if he is a runt at least he'll live a decent life.

CARY_GLdiscus
01-16-2004, 10:24 PM
HMMM....

NO LIVE WORMS BEING FED! how did that happen?

HEE..HEE.HEE Just a inside joke between me and a friend! ;)

M0oN
01-16-2004, 10:57 PM
HMMM....

NO LIVE WORMS BEING FED! how did that happen?

HEE..HEE.HEE Just a inside joke between me and a friend! ;)

I already know ;)

It's actually because I was feeding live black worm at home, they were perfectly fine for a week or two until I introduced em' to that food...never again.