PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed Peeps

angel12
01-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Dont know whats going on so im here for advice ..

have 4 adults in a 40 Gall BB tank a few weeks ago the largest Disucs started to lay eggs there was no presence of a Male so the eggs eventualy dissapeared or were eaten ... she has laid since then and same thing - not to concerned as I was lead to believe that all the discus in the Tank were females ..

Over last few days a couple of the adullts were together most of the time and were pecking on this rock (nothing strange there as this happens often in this tank) but this contiuned on closer inspection I fond loads and loads of eggs .. they seem to be hovering around the rock ...

Question is obv last time the eggs went white within a day However these eggs are all brown .. Does this mean ive got a male in there ????? I didnt see the actual event take place but I was under the impression the eggs would turn white in a day or so this is not the case so far ...

So what do I do now .. I change the water every few days approx 30% using normal tap water that has gone thorugh a RO unit not the membrane as only have chlorine in the water ph last Time I checked was around the 6.8 mark and Kh 1 GH 2 Temp is 84F

Thing is Iam due a water change today or at the latest tomorrow ... do I change the water ? if so how much its not practical to heat up to the correct temp so it will be Cold water that I put in ... to be honest im not to bothered about the eggs becoming wigglers (but id like to see it for the first time if poss)

any help would be appreciated this tank seems to be rocking now if the 4th adult starts to lay im gonna have eggs all over the place

:)

Carol_Roberts
01-19-2004, 02:40 PM
After 48 hours tan is probably unfertilized, but not yet dead. Black is fertilized.

djknightingale
01-19-2004, 08:47 PM
The shortened version of the subject title on this thread shown on the main topics page reads:

Re:Advice needed Pee

Just thought was slightly humorous.

dave

rcubeiii
01-24-2004, 05:11 AM
Years ago had two female discus get together, and both layed eggs because there was apparently no male in the tank. Have also read that this happens occasionally. If they don't hatch and you have lots of eggs, that's probably what happened.