PDA

View Full Version : Help on Prazi use

ladyram
01-22-2004, 02:10 AM
I started today Prazi on three of my guys, one who is very dark and two others that are wasting. I am using Prazi as sugested by Barry Ulman, mixed with food.

The three of them are ejecting very lstringy, whitishand segmented feces.

The Prazi instructions say not to change water in 48 hours but I wonder if I should take those feces out of the tank.

What's next?? when should I redose?? should I make a water change in between??

Ardan
01-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Hi,
Siphon out the waste. Don't add back water.

FOr tapeworms using prazi.

On day 3 siphon down to the 30% mark and refill.

Continue wc's daily until day 7.
Repeat treatment and routine above.

Day 14 , last repeat. (for tapeworms can be done 3 times. this should take care of tapeworm)

If treating for flukes

siphon out waste, don't add back water.

On day 3, siphon to the 30% mark, refill. Add back 30% of med.
keep repeating this procedure until day 21 (8 doses) (some vary the amount of wc and redose)

hth

hth

01-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi: First time poster. Not to contradict the previous post. For internal Prizi usage. I think mixing prazi in food has nothing to do with W/C frequency. Only if the medication is dissolve in water. Repeat treatment in 7 days for the newly hatched worms. Another dose in 7 days just to be sure all hatchlings are eradicated.JMHO
Pet.

Ardan
01-23-2004, 06:48 AM
This is true. I did not see you were mixing it with food only.
I thought you were following the in the water recommendations as per Barry. (too early in the morning for me :o)
Altum, nice job! 8)

ladyram
01-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I followed the treatment just as you told me, and they are ejecting a lot of nasties, first there were some kind of stringy segmented white poo, now is only a stringy, skinny, white poo, one of them is ejecting some sort of hair or something as thin as a hair.

Today they are black and one of them is near the surface, shaking a little and a little head stander, he is breathing normally using both gills but doesn't look fine.

What do I do??

Ardan
01-23-2004, 10:27 PM
are you using prazi in the water too?

ladyram
01-23-2004, 10:32 PM
I used in the food for 48 hours and as the guys looked terribly I changed 30% of the water with 75% R.O. and 25 tap water.

I am checking the guys all of the time and there is one who is toward the surface, near the heater, however he can swims properly but he looks tooo bad and is not eating at all, he is almost black.

Ardan
01-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Hi,
You might try the prazi in the water also. I don't know what all the worms coming out look like, but sounds like they have plenty and the prazi is helping get them out.
Prazi in food can sometimes help get out capillaria and tapeworm.

Any bloating?

hth