PDA

View Full Version : Perfecto tanks

Paulio
01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread. I am sure if it isnt one of our mods will find it a good home :)

I have been a die hard All-Glass brand fan for a long long time. Recently I was in the market for a display tank for my living room and I liked the dimensions of the Perfecto 120. All-Glass just didnt have a tank that was equal. I have had bad experiences with Perfecto tanks in the past and I just didnt even want to go look at one. Well.... I did and am I glad I did! I am not sure if its since the "Marineland" merger or what but this thing is done right! All the panes are perfectly straight to the eye. The corners are beveled like the all too pricey Oceanics. The seals are very cleanly done. The glass tops are heavy and the hinges are improved and they even include nifty little clips to hold the strip lights in place. I have to say that if they are putting this kind of detail and attention into the whole line of tanks I wouldnt hesitate to buy another.

Paul

Glenn
01-23-2004, 11:29 PM
I just picked up 3 65 gal tanks and was the same look good so far.

01-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey that's good news Paulio. I saw some (they may have been the old models because they weren't like anything you've described) and I just turned my head. The prices were good, even great. But I am a knitpicker on tanks. I like AGA, but I prefer the Oceanic. The details are sharp with Oceanic products. None of Oceanic tanks differ (in a sense of glass thickness, silicone glueing or sealant).

Glad to hear that Perfecto is making a comeback and that you're a happy camper. :thumbsup: **Angie**

Jason
01-24-2004, 04:54 AM
I'm pretty much an AGA die hard fan too,

my cousin picked up a perfecto 55g with canopy and stand, the quality, fit & finnish was much better than perfecto's from before.

the only complaint I have about them now is the amount of tempered glass they use now :thumbsdown:

gary1218
01-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Hey Paulio,

I have all Perfecto tanks. I started out with their 56 gallon column tanks and just recently bought 2 of their 65 gallon tanks. I had all drilled with bulk heads on the sides. So far no problems whatsoever, and the 56 gallon tanks I've had for several years.

GARY

PS Did you get the e-mail I sent you a few days ago about the rams???

aloha_discus
01-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Aloha Gang, I got me one heck of a deal yesterday. I purchased a 125 pefecto combo and the owner/friend of mine called me and told me that my tank arrived. I drove a good distance to pick it up,but when I got to his store his manager told me that it never got there. He called my friend to find out where my tank was. Well it was not there and the only 125 in the store was made Oceanic. Guess what, I left with the Oceanic.

What a deal came with glass tops and a power compact light system. I did not get the stand as I am able to make my own and save even more.

I too am AGA user. Every tank I have with exception of the Oceanic are All Glass. I have everything from two and a half to a 72 bowfront. Approx. 100 tanks for now although not all are up and running yet. Soon though.

Mahalo, Ike :o