PDA

View Full Version : Suprise from Heps

mench
01-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Well Mike has been teasing me for a while now...Yesterday he called and told me to stay home and wait for a e-mail....ok I did....I got the flight number and info on a package that was on the way....
So I goes to the airport at 9 pm and there is a lovely box with my name on it...Of course the bride says right away..."What in the He## did you buy now" And of course I stammer and sputtered and said " Who Me??????"
Well I got home and got the box opened and there they were.....10 of nicest lil RED PASSIONS just waiting for their new home....
Now Mike and I had an issue last yr about a shipment that I was not real happy with,not a large deal but we talked and Mike said he would make it up to me....Well time went by and I more or less forgot about it...But I guess Mike didn't,and boy am I glad...Soooooo I called Mike and asked whats the deal on the fish and he said....Merry X-mas,Happy B-Day,ya won the lotto...the fish were FREE,ZIP,NADA....NO CHARGE...even the shipping was taken care of...He said these were to replace the order that I wasn't happy with.....
Well I am HAPPY now....I told him he didn't have to do that and I would at least pay for the shipping,but I guess at 22 yrs old Mike is losing his hearing and said he didn't hear me,and to be quiet and enjoy the fish....So I will
I want to thank Mike for his thoughtfullness and for doing something he really didn't have to do,he moves right up on my list of Discus friends...
The Passions are doing fine in their new home and I will post some pics in a few days,gots to let them settle in....
Again thanks Mike and we will talk at this yrs ACA.

Mench

P.S. Al I wasn't sure if this post should go under breeders or not,feel free to move it.When I post pics I will do so under Photos.
Thanks

henryD
01-28-2004, 11:18 AM
That is cool Mench?

How about some pictures? What is the difference between Red Mellon and Red Passion? What size did you get?

Henry

mench
01-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Red Melon most of the time has a lite face and the color doesn't go all the way out on the fins,at least that was what I was told.The red Passions get brite red all over,at least the females do,the males color isn't as intence.The fish were all in the 3" range,and yep it was cool......
Pics will follow after they settle in.

Mench

brewmaster15
01-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Good Luck with the new Fish Ron. Nice of Mike to do that..

Glad to hear he sent you nice Fish.

-al

Kap
01-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Best wishes with your new fish! I cannot wait to see the pics. The make-it-right effort on Mike's part is what I call going beyond the call of duty!

--kap