PDA

View Full Version : Craziness......

henryD
01-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Hobby? Not a hobby? Hobby? Not a hobby?

Stress? Stress Relief? Stress? Stress Relief?

:thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

discus-fan
01-29-2004, 03:29 PM
I actually heard on the radio today that fish tanks are good to lower blood pressure and relieve stress. I agree with this to a point but do they really think, daily water changes, ph, water condition, etc. will relieve stress. I do agree that watching our discus glide thru the tank is real relaxing but when something goes wrong all hell breaks loose. :o then, the blood pressure goes up and stress is there.

DarkDiscus
01-29-2004, 03:33 PM
I think water changes, tank maintenance, watching the fish and thinking about more fish are GREAT stress relievers.

Sick fish and diseases certainly are not.

But since the first 2 stress relievers help prevent the sick fish and diseases, it's not a bad deal!

John

brewmaster15
01-29-2004, 03:46 PM
On the grounds that it may get me committed by Loved Ones, I'll take the 5th on this one. :)

-al

01-29-2004, 04:18 PM
I remember a time in Germany when allot of Dentist and other Doctors have set up Tanks in there waiting room.
The idea was to calm the patients down. They also found out that the waiting period did not appear as long as in waiting rooms without a setup.

I must say even though with the many W/C's I do, it is still relaxing for me.
It only stresses me when my wife does W/C's lol.
Not that she does something wrong. :)

Ronald

discus-fan
01-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Don't get me wrong :-\ I love and enjoy our discus, feeding them, etc. hubby doesn't like it when I do water changes though. lol I've got a little 18 gal tall with 2 of my babies in it. One (snowfire) is about the size of a half dollar and the other one (white) is about 2". I do the cleaning and wc on them. I enjoy it alot and give hubby a hard time cuz it doesn't take me long to clean. ;D

korbi_doc
01-29-2004, 04:44 PM
:fried: :fried: :fried: Yes there are definitely times when I question my sanity with all these fish'ntanks!! & stress is when something goes wrong either with the fish or tanks, or when I find the watertub running allover the carpet. But, watching them playing, growing & just being gorgeous :gorgeous: is for some crazy reason gratifying! My friend & hosp manager who would rather have salt fish or a reef tank, constantly complains that these fish don't do anything, are high maintenance, just sit there, & what good are they?? Very :funny: :funny: She doesn't see a lot of their behavior, which can be typical cichlid aggression, & what is it she wants'm to do anyway???

The small tank in the office waiting room invites lotsa interest, especially now there are small discus in with parrotfish. The kids love it, & I've found something else to do with culls, better'n killing'm, lol Dottie ;D

ping
01-29-2004, 05:07 PM
wow, hard question LOL ;D

Well, i love and enjoy discus. I have no one to help me looking after my discus. I am alone in Australia. My family are in overseas. So, i am pretty stuck in my house with discus ;D.

My uni friends say that i am crazy LOL ;D. Maybe i do :) ;D

Ronny ;D