PDA

View Full Version : State of Simply

peter_griffin
01-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Let me just start out by saying that I love this forum it has taught me everything I know about Discus. The people here have given me advice that has saved my fish and kept me in the hobby. ;D

But it seems like there is a lot of mean spirited cutthroat posting going on in this forum lately. >:( e.i. People will share a picture of their fish and someone will post a picture of their "better" fish of some strain and include a price and link to thier website. >:(Or some very unscrupulous types will log in as a new member and tell everyone how great they are. >:(

I find that these types of post take away from the friendly atmosphere this forum usually has. I'm worried this will effect this forum in a negative fashion.

RandalB
01-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Not to worry Tom, The things you've seen over the last couple of days have been the last. We are in the process of taking some action that will put an end to it once and for all. Be patient and watch for some changes. Meanwhile, Enjoy the other posts.

RandalB

peter_griffin
01-31-2004, 05:36 PM
:DI'm glad to hear it. ;D

there are too many sharks in the fishbowl ;)

brewmaster15
01-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Tom,
I agree with you and will be dealing with this issue strongly.Please be patient and thanks for voicing your concern.
-al

bikhu
01-31-2004, 11:46 PM
Amen to that! I couldn't agree more. Thoce posts combined with some posts form people blatantly disrepsecting the posts form moderators and other more expreienced members have brought me very close to withdrawing completely. I love that this board can bring so many people toogether for the propagation of the hobby. That we can share information in a friendly and cooperative way... This is sooo meaningful to me. But I found myself recently clicking off the board after just a couple of posts... knots in my stomach and frustration and disgust in my head. I know that there is no way to control others and I respect freedom of speech but what I have found in my own life is that when I practice self respect I can't help but respect others. The last couple of days clicking off the board was the most respectful thing I could do for myself.
I thank the moderators for addressing this and I have a great deal of faith in Al and Ryan and their ability to address and rectify the problem. This kind of hatefulness is far more damaging than any sabotage by a hacker...
JMHO
Peace,
peter

Rod
02-01-2004, 01:04 AM
I agree as well, thanks Brew and Randal for addressing the problem. I love this place and would not like to see it become just another discus forum.

Rod

brewmaster15
02-01-2004, 01:49 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=16092

The probelm has been addressed.

-al :)

RandalB
02-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Not to lock jump on Al here,

It's a pleasure to work with someone like Al who can be both decisive and fair. He's truly a credit to the hobby and is doing a great job here. Very few realize what he goes through to keep this site working.

To all the Malcontents, Scammers, and those who argue for the sake of being difficult;

Read our lips:

NEVER AGAIN