PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Breeding Cones

lovdiscus
02-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi...I am looking for the Discus Breeding Cones, but I also need some of the wire that protects the eggs from a stubborn Discus that keeps eating his eggs.....does anyone here sell both the cone and the "cage" thing...not sure what it is called. I looked on Aquabid, but only found the cones.
Thanks.....Donna

mench
02-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi Donna,you can use a lot of different things for breeding cones...clay flower pots,PVC pipe..or you can buy the cones..I think Rosenthal (sp) pottery has some for sale on Aquabid.I think I saw a post the Heps discus center has some...I also think if you know anyone that takes a pottery class you be creative and make your own.
As for the screen, I have used plastic screen,from a garden store,also the stainless gutter downspout screens that ACE hardware carries works good.
So I guess I want to say you aren't limited on the types of breeding places or screens.
I hope this helps.
Mench

Discusgeo
02-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Find the cone and then the hardware store for the cover.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/7658/OKWUQ-Spawning_cone_protected.jpg

lovdiscus
02-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Great advice and pic!! Thanks....
Donna

brewmaster15
02-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Home depot sells a 6" and a 10" rose Pot...Works great as a spawning cone., and they are only a few dollars.

hth,
al

piero
02-02-2004, 02:11 AM
Or you can make your own. Just use silicon to glue three pieces of ceramic tiles into a triangle. Easy and cheap. I will try to post a picture when I get home tonight.

nokoto
02-06-2004, 11:33 AM
HI Discusgeo

Where did you get your plastic cone from...?

As I have a few ideas myself

Wayne