PDA

View Full Version : Questions

timj298
02-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Hope I placed this in the right forum. What does the little star designations mean in the top left corner of a post? I notice newbies get one star and some folks have several. How does one gain rank in this here army? Also, I know I'm going to feel real stupid after I get the answer but what does LOL stand for?
Thanks

Ryan
02-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Hi Tim,

The stars are representative of how many posts a member has with the forum. It has nothing to do with credibility/rank/etc. As you post, your title changes from New Member to Junior Member, Full Member, Senior Member, and finally Discus Enthusiast. It is strictly based on the number of posts you have. A person who has been here for two years can still be a "new member" if they only have a couple posts under their belt. Conversely, you could sign up today and post 600 messages and go straight to "Discus Enthusiast." Basically, if you begin posting, your title will eventually change, and with that comes added stars.

As for LOL, it stands for "laughing out loud". You can find many other common abbreviations on our website here:

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/misc/articles/abbreviation.shtml

Ryan

timj298
02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Thanks Ryan ;D

mikezz
03-11-2004, 02:50 PM
I would like some info on the growth of discus, do some
grow faster. Is it food or water, or could it be both..