02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
JD,

Where you in upstate?

jdruff8
02-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Rochester by Lake Ontario. I NEED DISCUS! theres none around here

RyanH
02-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Your only a few hours from Cary. I'm sure its worth the trip. He's just outside of Detroit.

keith_cny
02-04-2004, 11:25 PM
You are in luck Bud!!

Contact Ron (Mench) and Steve Turner (ssturner) here in SimplyDiscus. Both are Discus Fanatics only minutes from you. Not sure what either has right now but stop and see both if you can. Ron has a great fishroom. From what I read here sometime back I think he has alot of young fish right now. Steve is building a new house (with fishroom) right now but I am sure he probably has alot of discus. I have visited Steve twice and gotten really nice fish from both guys. Steve had some really nice BDSS, pb and sunrise the last time I was there and I believe he has gotten many more since. They also have a sidekick named Gary (Gary1218?) also from Rochester whom I have never met. They are nice guys too. If you are serious about Discus you are lucky to live that close to those three.

Keith

02-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Keep looking. There are a few breeders in your area. I forgot their names. A Chinese fellow used to come to Toronto and they bought quite a few breeding pairs from me last year. There will be a ferry sailing between Rochester and downtown Toronto this July. It's just a boat ride away. You can get all the discus you can handle.
Peter.

fcdiscus
02-05-2004, 01:17 AM
And Cary is right across Lake Erie! Shipping should be cheap! Especially for his fish! Frank ;)