PDA

View Full Version : Fish from Joe at enchanted discus

02-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Here is the newest batch of fish that i have ordered from Joe. I have been looking for some nice stock to try and get a few pairs to play with. Joe really came through for me, as uaual. Thanks bud. I owe you big.

02-09-2004, 12:13 AM
:D

02-09-2004, 12:14 AM
;)

:)

susankay1
Very pretty, very red!!!! Hope you get tons of pairs.

>:( >:( >:( >:( J/K. I like em all

02-09-2004, 12:15 AM
;)

;)

;)

chinoz
very nice :thumbsup:

02-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Last one. This fish was a present for Nora. It was an extra Joe though in just for her.
What a guy.

RyanH
02-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Those fish are breathtaking! :D

Discus_KC
02-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Matt,

Nice group !!!!!! And that sweet fish for your sweetheart !!!!!

Jack

Wahter
02-09-2004, 12:55 AM
nice clean looking fish! I will probably be in the DC- Baltimore area later this year; I'll have to check with Joe and see if I can stop by his place. :)

02-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Very pretty.

crazy4discus
02-09-2004, 05:18 AM
yup looks good very red

afick1975
02-09-2004, 07:43 AM
SWEET SWEET SWET SWEET SWEET>

ANDRE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

beta
02-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Does ur camera enhance red color or are they really so red?
Lovely fishes either way! :)

02-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Woow..... Nice. Very red fish. Too red that blinds my eyes. Even the fins are red. Should have entered them in Aquarama. I'm sure they will win the red Category.
Peter.

ping
02-09-2004, 08:57 AM
:o :o :o :thumbsup:

DISCUS USA
02-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Altum i was thinking same in my head,those fish look like some show fish straight out of Aquarama.The shape on them discus blow my mind,Good job Joe.

henryD
02-09-2004, 10:30 AM
I need some clarification. I thought I read somewhere maybe in Penang Discus that red fins are a sign of juiced fish.....Am I wrong? It could be just my faulty memory. So please clarify if anyone knows for sure.

Henry

02-09-2004, 11:02 AM
My camera adds red to the pics, always has.
Henry you are right. Red fins is a sure sign of juice, but i assure you that these are not juiced, the fins are not red in person, and the fish are very orangish red, just a camera thing, but i did expected some a$$hole to say it, just suprised it was you. You see this is the problem with people like you and pete. You slam Joe at every chance you get, even when he sends out great fish like this. Oh well, that is the way people are, no real suprise. :P :P
GFY, Matt

DISCUS USA
02-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Im in market for discus and when i saw those reds i was like should check with Joe even after i read Henry s juiceing question.I really dont think Joe would lay his reputation on selling juiced discus to make a few bucks.

chinoz
02-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Im in market for discus and when i saw those reds i was like should check with Joe even after i read Henry s juiceing question.I really dont think Joe would lay his reputation on selling juiced discus to make a few bucks.

Amen to that Hector :thumbsup:

henryD
02-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Ok Matt.

Did you yourself just say that red fins are a sign of juiced fish? So I am an a$$hole for pointing out that the fish could be juiced because I see red fins on the fish? I thought we were all in this to learn about the fish...

I don't care who the fish came from. I will call it as I see it. If anyone is to blame then blame yourself Matt for posting pictures that are not true representive of what the fish is. So everyone who posted a nice comment about how red the fish is should delete their post. Because in real life the fish is not that red right?

As for slamming Joe, please find me a post where I am. I don't believe I have since I am not "in" with any breeders/importers thus not into the fish politics. I know what would be better. Why don't you send me a list of the breeders/importers that when I see a picture of their fish, I will just nod my head and say "nice fish". Now that would really help everyone learn about discus.

Henry

02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Sorry Matt. I don't know who is joe and i only see a red fish that I like. I don't even know a red fish is not suppose to be nice. Salt water fish has color fins too. Is There anything wrong with it. What a hostile bunch of people. I'm out of here.
Peter.

02-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Henery, i guess i should go buy a camera that is to your liking. After all, my only goal in life is to please a$$holes like you.
Do you think i really set out to misslead the color of the fish. You are too much. Why dont you come over to my house and take pics that you approve of and post them.
You are not trying to learn anything by your post, except for what gets people fired up. You are just being a d!ck., not that im supprised, but dont act like you were innocently asking a question. You were not.
I knew when i posted pics of fish from Joe people would slam them no matter what the looked like, its " simlpy" the way it goes here now.
Oh well, for those that like em, cool, Joe and Jack have many more.
This was supposed to be a thanks to a friend for the nice fish, not a political witch hunt.

There nice fish, im happy with them, even if you dont approve of my picture taking abilities. And i want you to know Henry that i will try and be more like you in the future and only post the fish in there true likeness, which im sure you know how easy it is to photograph fish, since you are perfect at it.
Again i close with GFY Henery, Matt

PS: i finally figured out what the D stands for in HenryD

02-09-2004, 01:29 PM
I have been told that since my camera adds a little red to the fish and makes them look redder than they do in real life i should , well ill just quote the man. "I don't care who the fish came from. I will call it as I see it. If anyone is to blame then blame yourself Matt for posting pictures that are not true representive of what the fish is. So everyone who posted a nice comment about how red the fish is should delete their post. Because in real life the fish is not that red right?"
So simply members, i appoligize for my missrepresentation of these fish. In the future i will buy a better camera to appease the a$$holes of the world.
Does this make you happy HereryD?
Matt

korbi_doc
02-09-2004, 02:01 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: C'mon guys, let's not start another big controversy that has political implications. First of all, noting there could be a problem with color (juicing?) should not bring forth the animosity I see here. After all, if you publish your pix, you should be able to take criticism in a mature way & explain, or not, the good & the bad points of the fish. As Henry states, we are all here to learn after all. I do not believe for one instant that Henry is slamming anyone, & certainly not Joe. It's as simple as that. He questioned why the fish are so red, you could just explain without the animosity.
Now, I will state emphatically that the fish are NOT that red. Reason being I have just acquired some of them, & have seen the whole group of fish at Joe's. I happen to be like the rest of the posters here that love that red color. Maybe the young'uns will get more red as they mature, but these adults are a gorgeous bright orange, not truly red. They do not have red fins, except the normal outline around the pretty blue, some more than others, & some have that beautiful "pearling" I think it's called. They are large, pretty & very round. You either like'm or not, different strokes for different folks, & its about time all of you out there realized that, take it for what it's worth & stop all the stupid back & forth bickering that recent threads have been interspersed with. I think its time for all of us to stop & think a minute that this is a fish, a great fish, a pretty fish with wonderful points that we all love. We just don't all like the same thing & that should be ok, & we should feel free to discuss & criticize when we want without the backbiting crap that is going on now for gosh sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anyone wants an honest to God RED fish, just go get SALTWATER fish, they are truly red.
& as for Joe, you don't want his fish, don't buy'm!! There are plenty of breeders/vendors/importers etc out there for all of us to go around, & many of them right here on Simply that we can deal with & feel secure about, & a pretty large market that will get bigger if we all would just cooperate & work at it & not run off all the newbies with your rancor...
Let's all agree to get along & disagree about the finer points of a fish, shape, color, size, & leave the hostilities out of it for good. I think that is the point of the challenge of competition that we will see at this years ACA. & competition is possible without rancor & backbiting if you will all just grow up!!!!!!!!!! JMHO, Dottie, :soapbox: :soapbox: :banghead: :banghead:

henryD
02-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Dottie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your a class act all the way.

susankay1
02-09-2004, 02:27 PM
AMEN DOTTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From your lips to everyone's ears. Let's just enjoy the lovely fish and the diverse personalities. JMO ;D

paul_burney
02-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Ok ive had enough this subject is droped