PDA

View Full Version : Diskusin

sagryf11
02-13-2004, 09:14 PM
What do you think about feeding Diskusin to your discus?

Is it as good a food product for discus as the advertising statement says?

Rob

vickie s
02-13-2004, 10:53 PM
I have heard others praise diskusin. My personal experience with it is that I cannot get it to stick to the glass well enough and it floats all over the surface making a mess. Eventially the pieces will sink and the fish seem to like it. I do not like food that floats so long. On the other hand, the tiny crumbs at the end of a package of diskusin are terrific food for the threadfin rainbow fish that I have in another aquarium.
Just my 2 cents.
vickie

Debo
02-14-2004, 10:41 AM
All my fish love it. But it is messy! When I feed it I'll do it right before water change.
DebO

David N
02-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Bought 3 packs about a month ago to try it out. My fish really like it and it is the only food that they'll eat from my fingers. (hmm,cant seem to get the birds to eat from my hand) Anyway, I also have a problem with the food sticking to the glass (it doesn't) and it floats (ends up in prefilter) and makes a mess. I also find the food is too expensive for the amount in a pack. I paid $7 per package. I don't intend to buy it again.

angel12
02-16-2004, 10:57 AM
try only to feed no more than a 10p (ohps sorry uk size) piece and if possible allow it to become slighty damp not dry before you put it in the tank .. it nearly always floats to the surface but as many others have found the fish love it ... I agree it is quite expensive but I tend to feed before water changes and it makes a welcome change for them ...

;D

liz
02-19-2004, 05:54 AM
I used it a lot when my Discus were young and they loved it.Dont feed it as much now as it can work out quite expensive.