PDA

View Full Version : A Great Visit!

bikhu
02-15-2004, 09:24 PM
I just got back from visiting the lair of Wildthing... aka David Webber. My family and I were treated to an awesome visit with a fine gentleman. His Discus and Rays were beautiful and David is so very knowledgeable about the fish that it was an educational experience to behold. Unfortunately I do not own a camera so I can't show any pictures but he has a beautiful assortment of fat healthy wild discus. Strangely enough a couple of them happened to follow me home ;D.
If anyone has the opportunity to visit David or is looking to purchase some wonderful wilds .... I highle recommend David... www.wilddiscus.com
And if you do visit... be sure to say hello to Dizzy for us!
Thanks again David for an awesome visit and the beautiful fish.
Peace,
peter

Tad
02-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Peter,
Congrats on the new Wilds ;)...Im sure David was a great host and provided You with some excellent pieces!

Tad :thumbsup:

PS: Invest in a camera so we all can enjoy ;D

Don_Lee
02-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Great sounding trip! The idea of rays and discus together has always intrigued me, and I know Dave has vast experience in that area. I think I will check that website out....nothing better than dreaming about my future fish room!

Don

02-16-2004, 04:52 AM
Great sounding trip! The idea of rays and discus together has always intrigued me, and I know Dave has vast experience in that area. I think I will check that website out....nothing better than dreaming about my future fish room!

Don

Right on, Don_lee, Right on!! ;D --Angie--

Hey, Dave: Count me in on a visit up by you. Perhaps summer time or late spring (even better). ;)

bikhu
02-16-2004, 09:10 AM
The fish that I bought from David yesterday have acclimated to my water fabulously. They are beautiful, fat and ravenous!!!! Thanks again David.
I look forward to seeing you in March at the New England Discus Meeting!
Peace!

wildthing
02-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Thankyou Peter...you & your family are welcome any time.
Keep the new guys isolated for a while, even tho they should be 'cleaned up' etc.....always err on the side of caution with incoming fish....
Anyone is welcome (by appointment)...tho it will be much nicer in the Spring when all this effing snow has finally gone and we can get back to serious BBQ's & I can finally open my basement door to the outside world without the btter cold rushing in.

:)

see you all in March
:)

DW

ps...the rays & Discus are NOT currently in the same tanks/pools...tho it can be done

brewmaster15
02-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I visited Mr. webber 2 weeks ago as well and had a very similar experience to peter :) I took many pics and will post them as soon as I can.

If you are looking for a really nice drive in upstate NY followed by some really great wilds... I'd stop by Davids for sure. I picked up a few souveniers also!

-al

April
02-16-2004, 12:01 PM
All sound great. the more i hear the more im thinking im on the wrong coastline!!
Well glad you both got some nice wilds!!
And Brew..im sure you NEEDED more fish very badly. sounds to me like you have a few fish in your fishroom.

brewmaster15
02-18-2004, 02:18 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=16583