PDA

View Full Version : was told holes in facial area are on every discus

DISCUSDADDYSLC
02-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Have noticed these holes on the faces of discus excspiecially on the solid diamonds and such. Was told by one guy that it is a vitamn defishincee because cannot recreate naturaul habitat were they live? What insight do we have on this ? do wilds have these holes? Is he blowing smoke? Can they be prevented? Sorry to the spelling never was in no spelllnnngg beez :P

Carol_Roberts
02-17-2004, 02:47 AM
Little pin holes that are symetrically placed on each side of the face are sensory organs or nostil like things.

Pits or craters are areas that have been eroded by infections. I've read poor nutrition, lack of minerals in the water and Intestinal flagellates as possible causes.

I lean toward the intestinal flagellates damaging the stomach so that the discus can not absorb vitamins and minerals.

I'd do a course of metro and make sure to feed a good balanced diet including worms or black worms.

DISCUSDADDYSLC
02-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Im just talking about the pin holes not anything major. Tanx , Caroll

fshngal
02-17-2004, 01:02 PM
I have used Carol's prescribed treatment above on some Diamonds and it works well. The holes will take a month or so to heal to the point where they are gone.

Best of luck with your treatment,
Fshngal

alex_m
02-18-2004, 04:13 AM
Hi,

IMO the holes are result of bacterial infection.

IMO and IME the fish will live peacefully and breed.

alex