PDA

View Full Version : Got my first Discus!

Shive
02-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Well I got mty first Discus...but it's not what you would expext! This little guy is the runt of the spawn. His brothers and sisters are between 3-3.5 " and he is only about 2.5! My friend who breeds them gave up on him and he was headed to cullsville. So I've taken him in he lives in a 20gl Q-Tank. He will not eat frozen BH,BS,BW so I'm going to try to hatch some BBS and see if that works. But if he doesn't eat soon I think he's done for! I am keeping the tank at 30C but have not used any salt. I do not see any signs that would warrant salt at this time. He is just very thin and not eating! Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks
Mike

DiscusDawg
02-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Are you just dropping the frozen food in the tank? try color bits. post and let us know whats up. ;D

Scrappi_tt
02-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Seeing that he's a runt, and not eating, check for hex

Alan
02-21-2004, 06:10 AM
It's a runt because it's not eating. Discus are attracted to live foods so let us know what happened to the BBS. Ask your friend what he was feeding them. You can also try live CBW's.

Shive
02-25-2004, 11:13 PM
I failed to keep this little guy alive :'(, He just would not
eat anything I provided. Including BBS so I 'm moving on and getting ready for fish! I have a 40 gal long set up as a grow out ! I started the fishless cycle today. So it will take a couple of weeks. Then I can get some fish! Sorry I couldn't keep the little guy alive. But I'll do better with healthy fish!

Shive

Alan
02-26-2004, 12:05 AM
That's okay, Shive. That is a daunting task to start with. It's good you're still in the hobby. ;D There will be more challenges ahead, but I believe you have what it takes to stay in the game. You have a great attitude. ;)

liz
02-26-2004, 05:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your fish.Good luck when you get your new ones.