PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Bay Brand Beef Heart Plus

sagryf11
02-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Am looking for a good commercial brand of frozen beef heart mix that people on this board could recommend.

Has anyone heard of and tried San Francisco Bay Brand frozen Beef Heart Plus mix?

Robert

wsoxman
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes, I have used it for 5-6 years. Its OK, but not the quility I use to get with some other brands that no longer sell.

Nightowl
02-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Discus Supreme by Pro Salt is not a bad food...I used to use it exclusively, but then they changed the formula, and I have too many fish so now I try to make my own. Its still a decent food .
Ocean Nutrition makes a community formula frozen food w/ garlic, but no beefheart. Its a Wattley food...then there is the Wattley Discus Formuls, w/ bheart, but my fish won't eat it if its the cubes...they like the other stuff better. Try the Wattley bheart mix in the flatpack, for some reason my fish went for it more than the cubes...maybe its fresher?(doesn't thaw as easily during transit) good luck, J.T.

ps never tried the SF stuff...did use their Discus Delight stuff w/ turkey heart and brine shrimp for a while(now called Cichlid Chow I believe)

fcdiscus
02-23-2004, 04:50 PM
PM Gary1218 or Mench. they used to get a very good BH formula from a guy inChicago. Frank

sagryf11
03-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all the info.

Rob