PDA

View Full Version : need a divider

bennett
02-21-2004, 04:36 PM
I've heard egg crate will work for a divider...but, what exactly is egg crate? I've got a bowed front 29g so, a factory divider from the lfs won't work. I'm picturing a kind of plastic chicken wire??? Can someone describe in detail so I can find it @ home depot. or any other solutions?
Thanks

Wahter
02-21-2004, 04:40 PM
If you can't find the egg crate, go to a crafts store and look for the backing for knitting - it's a plastic screen that used for sewing yarn, etc... You might have to tie a couple of these together, but I have used them before and held them in place in a tank using suction cups.

Willie
02-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Eggcrate divider is the plastic pieces that cover up fluorescent light fixtures mounted into a drop ceiling. Its a piece of plastic with square holes, 2' X 4'. Get it at Home Depot, Menards, etc.

Willie

JPW
02-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Fabric / craft stores sell Plastic Canvas comes in different size sheets, colors, and hole sizes. Its flexable and cuts easily.
Jim

bennett
02-21-2004, 06:53 PM
ok so I have the big blue diamond sectioned off. How long do you think it needs to be incarcerated to stop bothering the new guys?? overnight? a week?