View Full Version : Created a Web Page, Check it out

GulfCoastDiscus
02-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Hello Folks.
I thought I'd create a webpage about my discus. Earthlink provides 10mg for free. I guess this is the next progression to the addiction. I hope you like it.

Constructive comments are welcome. Thank you for visiting.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gulfcoastdiscus/

Dan

jules
02-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Your web page looks good- you've got some really nice Discus there. Are your Golden Tangerines really that yellow? Amazes me to see freshwater fish so colourful. We could use some of that lovely beach up here in Canada.

GulfCoastDiscus
02-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Hi Jules,
The tang/golds varies in color depending on their mood and lighting. I think background plays a role too. Thanks

Beaches are ok. Hawaii and Florida has better. I guess it's better than nothing.

Dan

Bou
02-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey danMan,

Superb website. The background color is nice... and the pictures are amazing. I wonder where you got those white water drums (RO water storage?)... :)

Have you ever thought about puting on "tracker" on the site? Just to know how many people will visit it? It's just a suggestion...

Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures of your dicus and paintings... man you can paint!

Cheers,
Bou

PS: Jules is absolutely right about the beach... wish we had those here in Canada! ... sooo... cooolllddd!!! :-[

tony1313
02-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey Dan,
Nice job on the site! You have some great looking discus. With a fish room of that size how do you find time to paint?

btw, nice art work also.

Tony

GulfCoastDiscus
02-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Hi Bou,
Thank you. I would like to add a counter but I'm only using earthlink's program and there's no option fot it. I think I can add it using html but I'm illiterate when it come to html. :(

Hi tony,
Thank you. I paint during work. I'm a art teacher. I do my painting as a form of example of techniques and how to's. ;D

Dan

Bou
02-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Dan,

I really can't help you with the "ticker"... I suck when it comes to web pages... :(

Hmmm... if you don't mind me asking, from whom did you get your RT? They look really nice!

From all I've been reading for the last few weeks, I'm thinking about getting rid of the gravel in my 150 gal and go BB... just like your 125g! :)

Bou

crazy4discus
02-27-2004, 10:31 PM
you got some nice discus there...

GulfCoastDiscus
02-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey Bou,
Good decision about removing the gravel. You'll have less problems and your discus will grow bigger. I got the RT's, believe it or not from a LFS.

dan

Bou
02-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Dan,

Wow, those RT are from a LFS... nice!!!
Oh, I know I asked this already, but can you tell me where you got those white water storage bin?

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi Bou,
I found this guy in the newpaper selling 55 gal drums for 12.00 bucks each. I also got the 330gal container from him for 100.00 delivered. Cocacola or soft drink company sells used 55gal drums. Check them out. They have syrup in the them. Just wash it out really good.

HTH
dan

SLY
02-28-2004, 12:14 AM
nice page..probably can put your link in discusrealms.

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Thank you Sly. I would like to put a link to DiscusRealms. Do you have a banner or can I use your logo?

dan

Bou
02-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Dan,

Thanks, I think I'll go to the home hardware store and see if they have anything!

:) Bou

Carol_Roberts
02-28-2004, 01:11 AM
I enjoyed you website. You have a nice collection of discus ;D

Ardan
02-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Nice work Dan!
Looks like a nice fishroom/s. Your fish are really nice too 8) :D

Discusgeo
02-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Dan you did a good job, thanks for showing it to us.

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Thank you very much,

Coming from you guys (Carol, Ardan,George)-the experts and the experienced that means a lot to me.

Dan

heavyp83
02-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey Dan, where in Houston are you? I grew up in the Sugar Land area, I live in Austin now, but I'm there every few months to visit, I'd love to swing by and check out your fish sometime!

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Sure Pete anytime. I live on the end Sugarland almost to Richmond. Off of hwy 59 by the Brazos River.

Dan

keith_cny
02-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Dan,
Nice Site....Nice Room and ...Nice fish!!

BTW...just what are the overall dimensions of that fishroom anyway??

Keith

Ryan
02-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Dan,

Nice website. You are now listed on our links page, along with Sly's DiscusRealms. ;D

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/links.shtml

Ryan

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Thank you Mr. Smith.

I also added the Simply banner link on the homepage of my site.

I will be adding Sly's logo to DiscusRealm.

Keith,
Not sure the size but is a 2 car garage with a little extension in the back.

Dan

luke_potts
02-29-2004, 06:23 AM
very nice!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i enjoyed looking at ur web page, u have some very nice discus. :o :o ur page is easily navigated which is always a benefit. congrats

cheers
luke

GulfCoastDiscus
02-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Thank you Luke.
I'm getting some very nice discus fron Cary next week and will add it to the gallery. Anxious to see what he will send me. They are four 5 1/2" Red Leopard Snake. Should be a nice addition to my collection.

Thanks again

Dan

02-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Hello Folks.
I thought I'd create a webpage about my discus. Earthlink provides 10mg for free. I guess this is the next progression to the addiction. I hope you like it.

Constructive comments are welcome. Thank you for visiting.

Dan

Hi Dan: :sun:

Pretty impressive art gallery you got there! :thumbsup: I dig your website. One of the best looking websites. It's polynesian/Hawaiian culture influence. Love those natural warm tones. My favorite is your Discus picture and the woman in a chair with a book on her lap! ;D That's a great one. But I like them all as well. Great color blending.

Your tank room looks like a serious laboratory. ;D Good work. Nice hanging plants, too!! ;D I saw everything. I try to capture what I see. **Angie**

GulfCoastDiscus
02-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Thank you Angie.
I'm glad you like the paintings. I have some discus paintings that are almost finish. The canvas is 36"x48". I think they are Cary's fish.lol

Dan

ping
02-29-2004, 11:00 AM
very nice Dan. Love your discus and fishroom. Paintings are very nice too.

Regards,
Ronny

elpaninaro
02-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Morning Dan,

GREAT website. I love your fish. Where did you get those fine line blue snakeskins?

Thanks too for the tip you posted on the 55 gallon drums. I live in Houston too and am just getting started. The drum is about the last thing I need to get my setup running, and I now know where to find one.

As for your painting, if "Moon Dancer" ever becomes available let me know :) You have some beautiful work!

GulfCoastDiscus
02-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Elpaninaro,
Thank you. When you're ready for a drum let me know. I'll hook you up. These drums had lemon juice in them so it's safe. The smell of lemon was in it for a week but did not affect the fish.

Dan

Thanks Ronny.

bigfish
02-29-2004, 03:44 PM
:) ;)hi daniel,
Your web page looks "fantastic" like your stock and fishroom
Starting my own breeder room this year!!!You have just got me
more "excited" Yea.......these discus are some thing else
best wishes
regards
ben

GulfCoastDiscus
02-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Thank you Ben. Do you get nice discus in Scotland? How's your water? Good luck on the breeder tanks. I'd like to see some pics when you get it set up.

dan

bigfish
02-29-2004, 07:58 PM
:)hi dan,
Our water in scotland is very good.....soft ph7 ...from the tap
I have to travel down to England to buy my stock..Got a friend
from Leicester(England) he travels to china,once a year.
Licensed Importer/Breeder.brought me back some WAYNE BLUE DIAMONDS....REAL NICE DISCUS.......he is setting up a web site real soon!!
will send some photos......I am still learning!!! how to work this out
regards
ben.

SLY
02-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Thank you Sly. I would like to put a link to DiscusRealms. Do you have a banner or can I use your logo?

dan

Just put the logo on my signature.

GulfCoastDiscus
02-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Done Sly...
Check it out;

SLY
02-29-2004, 11:29 PM
cool added your site to the weblink of discusrealms.

GulfCoastDiscus
03-01-2004, 12:45 AM
My humble thanks Sly.

Dan