PDA

View Full Version : Fighting all of a sudden

kzoocritter
02-28-2004, 12:31 AM
I have a pair of pearl pigeons that was doing fine,never fought or acted aggressive in any way. Now all of a sudden they are beating on each other real bad. Scales are laying on the bottom of the tank and I guess I am going to have to separate them.
Could this be from the meds I used to treat for tapeworm? They both had alot of worms expelled after treatment and now they are wantign a divorce. Gosh will the problems in my fishroom ever stop and let me enjoy my fish without worry?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chuck

Carol_Roberts
02-28-2004, 12:40 AM
I don't know what's causing it, but you might try a divider for a week or so and see if they make up . . .

paulmat
02-28-2004, 04:40 AM
I have had pairs before do this,and usualy it's the female dishing it out ;)
I have done both the pssibilties seperating them and keeping them together. One pair I recently had this problem with(a BlueSS pair)
did it for a week or two,realy giving that male some serious whippins till she finaly settled down, and still happens from time to time, But nothig like before.
I say keep a good eye on them and if they don't stop, take the recipiant
( less aggressive one ) out for a week or two.Then re-introduce the them.

Paul

jeep
02-28-2004, 09:22 AM
In my case, it was the male being the aggressor. It continued for about a month and suddenly stopped. Unfortunately, so did the spawning ???

luke_potts
02-29-2004, 06:36 AM
i have only ever had the female as the aggressor both towards the male and towards other females. but as had already been said, it usually subsides in a couple of weeks. just need to keep a CLOSE eye on them both. hth ;) ;)

Cheers
luke