PDA

View Full Version : interesting article

wildthing
03-11-2004, 10:32 AM
the forest even prospers from it's own destruction......

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040310/sc_nm/environment_rainforests_dc_1

I can;t get the whole length of the link to work so you need to cut & paste the whole thing

lesley
03-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Opera refuses to load that link, and the link crashes IE on my 'puter.
I've probably got my security too high!! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest virus writers!!

Is that an article about the increased co2 causing the faster growing trees to outstrip the slower ones, could have major implications for the production of oxygen???

03-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi Lesley & David:

Lesley: You have to copy the entire link from start to end. ;)

David: Interesting enough. It's a worldwide epidemic now. CO2 is destroying the eco for sure. We see the newly planted trees here in NYC growing at a record pace (2 feet in one year!). Not good at all. I wouldn't call it a prosperous thing since most fruit trees need time to cultivate (for absorption nutrients). Imagine an orange tree can be erected in 6 years and bear oranges. They may look miniature, or for the matter of those who expedite the process, jumbo sized, but it's not right; we've all learned that it takes time for a tree to grow and bear fruits.

Did you hear about schools of fish found in the Hawaiian region that they say came from somewhere and the schools of fish were extremely hot to touch? This was in the month of December 2003; there was a report in Hawaii about finding these schools of fish that they don't know where they came from! Incredible story for sure.

I would not be surprised that between the tremendous earthquakes (unearthing) and the CO2, the planet is in remedying itself for sure (like maybe Mars did when it was a liveable planet).

Just info I'd like to toss in since we're on the subject of CO2 and the cleansing effect. **Angie**

the forest even prospers from it's own destruction......

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040310/sc_nm/environment_rainforests_dc_1

I can;t get the whole length of the link to work so you need to cut & paste the whole thing